NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
He put it on the ground three times in that game. and while 1300 is good, it is frankly down markedly from what he has done before or since. Childress should have sat AP down and ran Taylor only after the second fumble, really.
He fumbled twice, and didn't lose either:Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints - Box Score - January 24, 2010 - ESPN

He had 1,383 yards on 314 carries. If you want to put 1,383 yards and 4.4 yards per carry into perspective, Eric Dickerson in his 11 year career only achieved that 3 times. And 4.4 yards per carry would equal Eric Dickerson's career average.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Butthurt packer fan detected.
Seriously, that "mooning" was the biggest non-story in football history. It was the exact moment that the last few idiots who didn't already started to wish Joe Buck would get throat cancer.

the-moss-moon-o.gif

Retarded assholes reacted to this like Moss raped their mothers.

edit: Also, stop being assholes. It wasn't Biebs' fault guys!

Ben Roethlisberger said Justin Bieber visit had nothing to do with Pittsburgh Steelers' loss to New York Jets - ESPN

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As an AFCN fan, I don't expect you to understand this, but most NFCN fans like a certain level of class in our rivalries.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the Bronco's can keep Peyton from getting sacked a lot he could stick around till 42. If that team goes to shit o-line wise he'll end up into retirement quicker. It really depends on how well the Bronco's keep/draft offensive line talent. The same goes for the Pats and Brady too.

Seriously, that "mooning" was the biggest non-story in football history. It was the exact moment that the last few idiots who didn't already started to wish Joe Buck would get throat cancer.
Last week's afternoon game on Fox started with me thinking "shit, the World Series must be over" once the announcers started talking.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Manning and Brady might both play into their early 40s. Brady, at this point seems to have more arm strength left than Manning, but Manning still has incredible touch on his passes, even if he cant toss 50 yard ropes anymore. But the truth is that neither of these guys have ever been the athletes that guys Luck or Rodgers are, let alone Cam/Wilson/Kap/RG3. They both get most of their advantage from being able to read a defense pre/post snap. And that ability is probably the last thing to go on an aging QB. On top of that, the rule changes protect QBs more and more every year. Which is probably on purpose. Both of these guys generate enormous profits for the NFL as a whole, as well as their own teams. And structuring the rules in a way that lets their bodies hold up longer is absolutely beneficial for overall revenue.

Just my two cents, but it wouldnt surprise me if QBs start to have a longer shelf life than they used to in previous generations.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found a picture from a typical Sunday at Phazael's watching an intense Bears/Packers game.

first-official-look-great-gatsby-highlights-classy-vintage-party.jpg

"I say old chap, that was a smashing good matriculation of the oblate spheroid to the scoring vestibule. Jolly good show!"

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If the Bronco's can keep Peyton from getting sacked a lot he could stick around till 42. If that team goes to shit o-line wise he'll end up into retirement quicker. It really depends on how well the Bronco's keep/draft offensive line talent. The same goes for the Pats and Brady too.
Having a little bit worse O-line shouldn't affect Peyton too much. He only gets sacked about 18 times a year. A big reason for such a low amount is that he has one of the quickest releases in the nfl.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, I understand you chug cock. There was no confusion, your highness.
Can you stop ruining the NFL thread please?

The classiest rivalry I've ever seen was when we were going to a Bills / Jets game in Buffalo, these guys put their quadrapalegic friend in the back of their pick-up truck and were driving to the stadium stuck in traffic. In Buffalo the main road that leads to the stadium goes along side all the parking lots where tailgators are. I saw this mother fucking vegetable getting POUNDED with Eggs, Rocks, Tomatoes, etc. You fucking name it, people were picking up shit and hucking it at this poor cripple just because he was wearing Jets gear and shouting.

These are the same people that tried to rip my Dan Marino jersey off my little 10 year old back and throw it into a garbage can that had been lit on fire.

Now that's a fucking classy rivalry.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
MN/GB has to be the whitest rivalry in the NFL. Probably has a lot to do with the lack of violence. /racial

Xevy

Log Wizard
Having a little bit worse O-line shouldn't affect Peyton too much. He only gets sacked about 18 times a year. A big reason for such a low amount is that he has one of the quickest releases in the nfl.
Still for teams wanting to use Peyton/Brady for the future they need to heavily invest in an O-line. If we had kept Peyton and paid him what he's worth he'd be dead because our O-line is shit as it is and we have a decent amount of money to spend. Luck gets hit non-stop and luckily he's built out of steel. Scares me to think how many fewer INT's he'd have if we ever get a veteran O line.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know it's not classy to talk about, but the AFC North is the first division to have all the teams 2 games over .500 this late in the season in the 1935 "West" division.

And I still can't decide if any of the teams are actuallygood.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
12 men in the huddle and the last Farve pick lost that game, not AP.
The Saints intentionally kneecapping Farve (for money) over and over caused them to lose that game. It also was the reason QB's are pussified now and you can't hit them like that.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>

The classiest rivalry I've ever seen was when we were going to a Bills / Jets game in Buffalo, these guys put their quadrapalegic friend in the back of their pick-up truck and were driving to the stadium stuck in traffic. In Buffalo the main road that leads to the stadium goes along side all the parking lots where tailgators are. I saw this mother fucking vegetable getting POUNDED with Eggs, Rocks, Tomatoes, etc. You fucking name it, people were picking up shit and hucking it at this poor cripple just because he was wearing Jets gear and shouting.

These are the same people that tried to rip my Dan Marino jersey off my little 10 year old back and throw it into a garbage can that had been lit on fire.

Too bad they didnt set you on fire and throw you in the same trash can.

moontayle

Golden Squire

Bills fans are some of the drunkest in the NFL. It's bad enough Orchard Park passed an ordnance banning open containers in public areas (drinking while tailgating is fine, just don't walk to the stadium with an open beer in your hand).