NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
When the fuck did Lovie Smith turn in to Vince Lombardi? So many posters praying the guy ends up in their town.
I really don't think it really matters who ends up in Washington to be honest, since the Skins are such an enormous cluster fuck of a team with a primadonna QB. However, of all the names being thrown around of possible options, I think Lovie Smith is, at the very least, the lesser of all evils. I can't say I love the guy, but I don't really have anything against him, either. I don't think he'd do any worse than any of the other choices, and I think he'd do better than some.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think every one of you hoping for some stupid retread would be better off hoping for someone new and just praying they turn out to be the new hot shit.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think every one of you hoping for some stupid retread would be better off hoping for someone new and just praying they turn out to be the new hot shit.
That's absolutely true. I'd love for the Ravens to take a hot college prospect who is unknown but has potential to be the OC and/or DC next year. Of course if they were successful they'd be gone to greener pastures quickly. Plus, this is Dan Snyder we're talking about. He's going to drop a ton of cash in the lap of some dubious has been with superbowl experience. Right now Lovie most closely fits the bill.

Its easier to speculate on known commodities for most of us. Since McDaniels was mentioned, that's another I'd want no part of. I'd sooner see Lovie or fucking Norv Turner or Martyball come to town than McDaniels or Shanny.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
San Fran is losing their O Line coach to USC. Hope it doesn't affect them too much, cause their O Line has been solid for a few years now.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bridgewater is good but some of the defensive players coming out seem really good too. Let's trade the pick to Cleveland for both of their first, take Clowney, Matthews or Barr #4 and whatever QB falls to the Colts pick (Johnny Football!?)
smile.png
Oh no you don't! This should be the Rams plan!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
San Fran is losing their O Line coach to USC. Hope it doesn't affect them too much, cause their O Line has been solid for a few years now.
One of their two O-line coaches (just saying). I expect Roman to be gone as well but I'm not sure that is a bad thing. I think he is fine right up until calling a game then it is "herpderp we have 5 yards to go, Frank Gore and the opponents #1 run stopper on the sidelines, lets throw 3 straight plays, that will fool them!"

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, part of me hope Roman goes as well. My only fear with that is you just don't know who will replace him, and it could get worse.

Fadaar

That guy
When the fuck did Lovie Smith turn in to Vince Lombardi? So many posters praying the guy ends up in their town.
I honestly don't even know. Maybe just because he has a connection to the team already. Just tired of the Bucs grabbing people who have no NFL head coaching experience before.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People see Lovie Smith's record and disregard all the facts on how shitty of an actual game coach he was.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I hope the Lions get Gruden or Cowher, fuck that Lovie guy.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
People see Lovie Smith's record and disregard all the facts on how shitty of an actual game coach he was.
Yeah that Bears defense really improved with him gone. Dude actually got the fucking Bears to a superbowl with a shit QB, I mean, he's no Ditka but who is?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah that Bears defense really improved with him gone. Dude actually got the fucking Bears to a superbowl with a shit QB, I mean, he's no Ditka but who is?
Nice fucking out of town stupid statement. Make sre you bring up Urlacher and Mclown in your next post to prove what a fucking idiot you are,

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Nice fucking out of town stupid statement. Make sre you bring up Urlacher andMclownin your next post to prove what a fucking idiot you are,
Funny name for a guy who performed better than your starter and probably would have got the Bears to the playoffs.

Lovie and Trestman are just opposite sides of the same coin. Most of Smith's offenses were almost as inept as this years defense was. Fortunately for him very strong defenses can cover much better for a weak offense then when it is the other way around. Abefroman is right though. Lovie is not an above average coach. I already linked an article regarding just how abysmal he was against teams over five hundred during his tenure. Of course you expect a drop off when you look at a coaches winning percentage against quality opponents, but his didn't drop off. It jumped off the damn cliff. So whatever team ends up hiring him should look forward to a team hovering around five hundred for the most part without ever really being a contender or being bad enough to get quality draft positions to improve your team.

His one Superbowl appearance was a result of freakishly good D even by Bears standards, an uncharacteristic season from Grossman, and some of the luckiest turn overs in the bears favor I have ever seen. That year was an outlier, not an indicator of what you will be getting with Lovie.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
all right, fuck all you guys, it will be Gruden or Dungy.