NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kind of a fucked up playoff scenario going on for the last wild card spot in the NFC. The Vikings haven't clinched a spot despite beating the falcons head to head earlier in the year. If 3 teams tie for the wild card spot, head to head is only applied if a team has beaten both teams. So if Seattle loses out, and the Vikings lose out, and the falcons win out, the Falcons get the 6th seed despite losing head to head to Minnesota earlier in the year.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
ODB has definitely had issues in other games. He was doing the same shit to a lesser extent in the Rams game last year.
Eh, the Rams game they went after him right from the start. A better example would be the Bills game earlier this year.

But yeah, he needs to get over being targeted.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The latest post in my Antonio Brown blowjob-a-thon.

"Brown's projected stats in a 16-game season with a healthy Ben Roethlisberger at quarterback: 158 catches, 2,160 yards.

That would shatter NFL records by 15 catches (eclipsing Marvin Harrison's 143 in 2002) and 196 yards (eclipsing Calvin Johnson's 1,964 in 2015)."

What could have been...

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chargers field last night after the game.

CWwpgIPVAAARxMS.jpg

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Then I take it back, I don't think he should be fined because he was leaping over the pile to not get injured and it wasn't intentional. As I said earlier in the thread, I didn't watch the game, I just saw the compilations. They look like two different plays when you watch them separately. Or I'm a retard. Which is certainly possible.

I can't recall Beckham ever having other issues in other games. I have to watch a lot of Giants games because I'm in CT and all we get are the three local teams. I can't remember him ever acting out before. First time offender and all that.
So you think after looking at both angles, including the second one, that actually confirms it is not intentional? He redirected himself to go after Norman and you can see that part even better in wide shots so he shouldn't have been at the pile to jump over it. I can't understand your conclusion at all. I feel like we must be watching different things. Does OBJ know where you buried the bodies or something?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eh, the Rams game they went after him right from the start. A better example would be the Bills game earlier this year.

But yeah, he needs to get over being targeted.
They both have a reputation. Beckham deserves the suspension. The other guy should get fined for the extra curricular shit at the start of the game. And both coaches and the refs should be nailed to the wall by the league for letting that shit go on past the first quarter, let alone the entire fucking game. I like a good physical borderline chippy game as much as anyone, but this dirty hit thug rules shit has no place in the NFL.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Just saying

I don't understand why Palmer and Johnson are still in this game

And maybe lose one of your best DB's to a torn ACL?

Fucking stupid that he was even in the game at that point.
Feels bad man. Cards have been pretty lucky injury wise this season but this was bound to happen since Arians loves to showboat and run the score up. Could've easily been Palmer.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So you think after looking at both angles, including the second one, that actually confirms it is not intentional? He redirected himself to go after Norman and you can see that part even better in wide shots so he shouldn't have been at the pile to jump over it. I can't understand your conclusion at all. I feel like we must be watching different things. Does OBJ know where you buried the bodies or something?
I see it the same way, he redirects himself towards Norman and probably would have either avoided the pile all together or at the very least had a better chance at making a meaningful block (had the runner not already been going down) had he not changed direction.

But at this point Arcaus is either doubling down to either save face (hey guys, I see it different!) or because he is trying to top Azeth for ultimate homer, either way the majority of the people reviewing the film see it for what it really was and the NFL has acted accordingly. I wonder if now that the Giants are eliminated it OBJ serves it or appeals it and risks the suspension carrying over to the start of next year.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I wonder if now that the Giants are eliminated it OBJ serves it or appeals it and risks the suspension carrying over to the start of next year.
Giants aren't eliminated yet so I guess he appeals and plays on Sunday night. If Giants or Eagles lose on Sunday then they're officially eliminated and he probably drops the appeal (if you're allowed to do that?) and sits out in week 17.

Fennin

It'll be an expedited appeal just like the Talib case it'll be heard tomorrow or Wednesday, it'll be declined because of irrefutable video evidence (just like the Talib case) and he won't be playing Sunday. It is pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point he loses the appeal, but it is the NFL we are talking about. But in this case he has no ground to stand on.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm not doubling down on anything. At first I thought it was intentional. The second angle (which I thought was a different play) shows him jumping to avoid getting his legs wrecked. After playing football in high school and college as well as 15 years of rugby through college and adult life, I have dived over my fair share of piles. I also think the intentional knee to the helmet as well as the body slam are more egregious.

I think we can all agree the refs of that game should be kicked back down to pee wee football.

Fennin

I'm not doubling down on anything. At first I thought it was intentional. The second angle (which I thought was a different play) shows him jumping to avoid getting his legs wrecked. After playing football in high school and college as well as 15 years of rugby through college and adult life, I have dived over my fair share of piles. I also think the intentional knee to the helmet as well as the body slam are more egregious.

I think we can all agree the refs of that game should be kicked back down to pee wee football.
Rapoport on Beckham: It's the repeated actions that led to suspension - NFL Videos

Watch the entire play.

-Hand checks with Norman, swinging at his head as Norman passes him.
-Runs 10 yards up field before turning around.
-His eyes never leave Norman, clearly targeting him.
-With a running start tilts his body and launches his helmet into the helmet of Norman.

This is pretty much the most obvious case of targeting in the last 5 or 10 years.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I don't doubt he was going to hit Norman good. I don't think he planned on intentionally launching himself for a helmet to helmet hit. Have you ever been on the field, running towards a play and had the play go to the ground in front of you?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

LOL at diving to avoid the pile. He fucking changes direction to hit Norman.

Yeah, not doubling down...

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It really should be a 2 game penalty and let Coughlin piss this year's chances into the wind. That shit looked like what you would expect from a Rex Ryan team

Fennin

I have, and almost every time you brace yourself for it arms outstretched, you don't tuck your arms into your body, turn 30 to 40 degrees the opposite direction of your momentum and launch yourself into another player while trying to avoid a pile. It just doesn't happen, especially at the NFL level.