NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the two Superbowl's definitely shouldn't count or the 3 consecutive years of playoffs. I mean there are only 4 active QB's with as much success as he has had. Guy is trash. Should be run out of the league.
Yep, only one guy playing on that team. Should just go ahead and name him GOAT. Playing with that shitty defense and RB all those years. Must have been tough to handle all that adversity.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The big criticism against Wilson is he's only able to be so efficient with TDs/Ints because he rarely plays with big deficits due to his defense. He doesn't have to take a lot of risks most QBs that don't play their entire careers with dominant defenses do. He's never thrown for 400 yards in his whole career and he's only gone over 300 yards once this year and a total of 5 times in his entire career.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The big criticism against Wilson is he's only able to be so efficient with TDs/Ints because he rarely plays with big deficits due to his defense. He doesn't have to take a lot of risks most QBs that don't play their entire careers with dominant defenses do. He's never thrown for 400 yards in his whole career and he's only gone over 300 yards once this year and a total of 5 times in his entire career.
That and if you look at their run/pass ratio they are almost even. I know that a lot of his runs are improvised but even if they started as passes, the ratio is still very nice. When you can throw 4 interceptions in a game and your defense prevents a massive deficit, you can still play your type of game instead of going into panic mode. He has a lot of advantages most other QBs only dream of.

Hell, even Romo the Magnificent wishes he had the kind of defense Wilson has inherited from Day 1. Even Peyton the Diminished or Brock the Savior have had some solid wins against good competition with their defense this year. Remember when Manning beat the crap out of GB all by himself and had 340 yards? Or when Osweiler took out the Bradiots solo even though they were undefeated? Damn, just give Osweiler an early ticket into the HoF!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Amazing that well built teams don't require their QB to make terrible decisions in order to be successful.

Also a run heavy team doesn't pass for over 400 yards a game? Well fuck me someone call ESPN!

No one is saying he's the greatest ever.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
When I hear first time in history retardation about a guy who isn't expected to carry a team(and doesn't), then I gotta comment. Very few have said anything other than a very good QB to a great QB with fuckloads of promise. After week 10 ended, he had 2100 yards, 10 TDs, 7 ints. It's always nice when the whole picture is looked at.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, only one guy playing on that team. Should just go ahead and name him GOAT. Playing with that shitty defense and RB all those years. Must have been tough to handle all that adversity.
Bro, hes averaging a whole 217 passing ypg for his career. GOAT for sure with those stats.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Several people have commented that he cannot throw and he is trash. Pretty sure Ambi is one of them but then again he's a Cowboys fan, its to be expected.

I think we can all agree he's better than average and better than someone like Tannehill.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Several people have commented that he cannot throw and he is trash. Pretty sure Ambi is one of them but then again he's a Cowboys fan, its to be expected.

I think we can all agree he's better than average and better than someone like Tannehill.
I second that. Damn good throughout college and stupid bias fucked over a lot of teams. Of course he could have went to the Browns or some other level of NFL hell(you mentioned one) and never have been heard from again. Total waste of talent in certain places.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair and not be a smartass Chanur, Wilson reminds me a lot of Ben. Carried by great defenses early in career to SB, but getting better every year.

Wilson is a good QB, not great, not yet. His mobility adds a special dimension though which really only Cam has. And if you're a Seattle fan who gives a fuck? He led his team to 2 SBs and won one. I hate Petey and those uniforms, but they built a good team up there.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't think I've ever said he's trash. He's definitely above average, just not the Tom Brady/Peyton Manning type QB a lot of people think he is

moontayle

Golden Squire
He was also a lucky luxury. Seattle had Matt Flynn in place to take over starter and they drafted him to be a backup in the 3rd round. Then he basically beat Flynn in training camp. Didn't they sign Flynn to like a $20m contract too?

Drafting a good QB is as much luck as it is scouting. Especially these days as College ball gets further and further away from Pro ball in what they're asking QBs to do.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
To be fair and not be a smartass Chanur, Wilson reminds me a lot of Ben. Carried by great defenses early in career to SB, but getting better every year.

Wilson is a good QB, not great, not yet. His mobility adds a special dimension though which really only Cam has. And if you're a Seattle fan who gives a fuck? He led his team to 2 SBs and won one. I hate Petey and those uniforms, but they built a good team up there.
I'm mostly just fucking around and rubbing it in like I said earlier. I'm not a Seahawks fan I follow that shit show in San Diego.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When I hear first time in history retardation about a guy who isn't expected to carry a team(and doesn't), then I gotta comment. Very few have said anything other than a very good QB to a great QB with fuckloads of promise. After week 10 ended, he had 2100 yards, 10 TDs, 7 ints. It's always nice when the whole picture is looked at.
QB's are going to have stretches of games though where they put up big numbers vs. stretches when they don't. Kirk Cousins first 6 weeks vs. last 8 weeks look vastly different.

First 6 weeks: 1420 yards (~237 a game), 66.2% completion, 6 TD's, 8 Int
Last 8 weeks: 2205 yards (~276 a game), 72.8% completion, 16 TD's, 3 Int

When talking about Wilson, dude averages only about ~27 passing attempts a game for his career. TD:Int ratio above 3:1, and averages 8.10 yards per passing attempt. When you compare that to the other major passing QB's who have won SB's career numbers you notice some stuff.

Aaron Rodgers: ~32 attempts a game, TD:Int ratio above 4:1, 8.04 yards per attempt.
Tom Brady: ~35 attempts a game, TD:Int ratio around 2.86:1, 7.45 yards per attempt
Ben Roethlisberger: ~32 attempts a game, TD:Int ratio around 1.88:1, 7.93 yards per attempt
Peyton Manning: ~35 attempts a game, TD:Int ratio around 2.15:1, 7.67 yards per attempt
Eli Manning: ~34 attempts a game, TD:Int ratio around 1.48:1, 7.09 yards per attempt

He's just very efficient. Doesn't throw it nearly as much as the other guys, whether that's to protect him or just part of Seattle's scheme game plan with the great RB/rushing attack they've had, or even with the knowledge they have a fantastic D so ball control is emphasized. Rodgers is the only guy with a better TD:Int ratio, and Wilson averages more yards per attempt than any of them.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are people shitting their pants about Cousins right now, Merrith? Curious to hear if it's still cautious optimism or if people are all the way in on what they've seen.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are people shitting their pants about Cousins right now, Merrith? Curious to hear if it's still cautious optimism or if people are all the way in on what they've seen.
You get quite a range. I think people are starting to be more optimistic that he's for real...in the sense that he can be a solid starter. Almost everyone agrees at this point we need to give him a new deal, and sooner the better so we can make it cheaper. But there are some crazy RG3 holdouts that think if he had this team/line around him he would be having success as well. Also a few strange pro-Cousins people who think he's elite already.

For my money, it's very encouraging that over the last 8 weeks he doesn't have a single game with multiple picks. I do note he kind of feasted on a few of the worse defenses/teams that weren't playing well (Tampa, New Orleans, and Buffalo), while just playing fairly mediocre against the rest over this good stretch. Bottom line though, he isn't losing us games anymore, and seems to be developing some good chemistry with the receivers. For the season I feel like he's been around the middle of starters in the league (~15th). Last half of the season though I feel like he's been more in the 10th-15th range.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So wtf is RGIII even doing nowadays? Dude dropped off the face of the football planet.

Safe to say his career is over in DC?