NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I actually respect that. Maybe it is because I'm an angry Bengals fan who sees his team settle for mediocrity at every step but Bill demands excellence and if you fuck up you're gone. It seems no one is immune from it. I'm glad he didn't take "But but the injuries!" as an excuse. He thinks scheme should override talent and the o line shit the bed Sunday.
What was the final total on Brady knockdowns? 15 or 16? Or am I thinking of hits? Either way, their line got fucking pummeled.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think it's because the Homers immediately said next year the Cowboys are winning the Superbowl. Obviously their fans are clairvoyant.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I actually respect that. Maybe it is because I'm an angry Bengals fan who sees his team settle for mediocrity at every step but Bill demands excellence and if you fuck up you're gone. It seems no one is immune from it. I'm glad he didn't take "But but the injuries!" as an excuse. He thinks scheme should override talent and the o line shit the bed Sunday.
I can think of person immune to it.

3-tom-brady-stupid-golf-face.jpg

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Quote from the SI article about the Pats O-Line: "The New England Patriots offensive line wasn?t mauled, manhandled or overpowered in the AFC Championship Game; they were simply ignored." Yeah, I can see why they fired their O-Line coach. Ouch.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Well.. Pats Haters.. Don't get too comfortable. Patriots have their entire team under contract for next year. Their window is still wide open.

Lots of room to add some free agent talent, and despite losing the first round pick, still have 10 draft picks this year.Caponomics: Looking Ahead to the 2016 Patriots - Pats Pulpit

By contrast look at some of the Broncos free agents after the season. Their window slams shut after this game.

Top 20 unrestricted free agents for 2016 - NFL.com.

They have to sign Miller and Brock and quite a few others. Good luck.

They are going to get humiliated AGAIN in the Super Bowl and then fade to middle of the pack. Biggest competition for New England next year will be the Jets.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Seeing as how 10 players are UFAs and 4 are RFAs, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion "the entire team" is under contract for next year.

Either way, if they want to keep together the team that lost 5 of their last 8 games then more power to them.

Dolphins AFC East championship in play.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the Pats are all together again...and a year older by next year. Im sure the never injured Gronk, Amendola, Edelman will be their perfectly running selves once again. Not to mention that incredible OL is going to stomp some...uhh nevermind.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Its ok. Cya next year when you can hope they lose the AFC Championship game again. Maybe they will win, maybe they will lose. But they will be there. You know it to be true, its the entire reason you hate the Pats.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Kinda funny that when the weather started getting colder which made the balls a little tougher to grip, the Patriots turned to complete shit.

Hmm..

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Well.. Pats Haters.. Don't get too comfortable. Patriots have their entire team under contract for next year. Their window is still wide open.

Lots of room to add some free agent talent, and despite losing the first round pick, still have 10 draft picks this year.Caponomics: Looking Ahead to the 2016 Patriots - Pats Pulpit

By contrast look at some of the Broncos free agents after the season. Their window slams shut after this game.

Top 20 unrestricted free agents for 2016 - NFL.com.

They have to sign Miller and Brock and quite a few others. Good luck.

They are going to get humiliated AGAIN in the Super Bowl and then fade to middle of the pack. Biggest competition for New England next year will be the Jets.
Denver will lose some of their players, but more than likely Ware, Manning and Clady won't be back next year. Which frees up about 40 mil in cap space. That also isn't counting how much the cap will go up as well. I doubt Denver keeps all of the talent on defense, but they will keep more than enough to be competitive next season.

Big words about the being humiliated part, I just don't see it happening. Denver's defense is great enough to get to Cam. Neither team will have home field advantage here, either. This game will come down to whether or not Denver's O can move down the field and get in the endzone. Simple as that.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Big words about the being humiliated part, I just don't see it happening. Denver's defense is great enough to get to Cam. Neither team will have home field advantage here, either. This game will come down to whether or not Denver's O can move down the field and get in the endzone. Simple as that.
Big if.... and I don't think their defense matches up well Carolinas offense. They were able to shut down the Pats because they were rushing with 3 and dropping 8 in coverage. Against Carolina they are going to have to play 7 in the box and spy Newton. Its a big reason why Olsen is always so wide open, he and Newton draw from the same resources to cover. Miller and Ware are solid, but Newton invites pressure and his Oline is superb. Cam can buy alot more time than Brady was able to. If thats the case, Ted Ginn can blow the top off their D. I don't think anyone in the NFL can keep up with him.Is Carolina Panthers WR Ted Ginn Jr. the fastest player in the NFL? - Carolina Panthers Blog- ESPN

Offfensively, Denver has few good options. I don't see them getting any sort of running game vs the Carolina LB corps, and Manning certainly isnt capable of beating anyone with his arm.

Think of it like this.. the offense most similar to Carolinas is a healthy Steelers, except Carolinas is even more explosive. When they last played before the Steelers got Burricked, Steelers dropped 34 on them. Not only does Carolina have a better Offense, they have one of the best defenses in the league. The spread will hit 10+ before the game, easily.

Carolina 44 Denver 13

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tom Brady left bruised, beaten by Broncos defense in NFL playoffs | The MMQB with Peter King

To the three or four rushers the Denver Broncos sent careening toward Brady on any given down, the five men standing in front of them might as well have been rec league hoopers taking on the Golden State Warriors. Sebastian Vollmer, Marcus Cannon and company were given no more consideration than a quick step to the inside and a sprint around the corner. And the quarterback was subject to all manner of indignity in a 20-18 loss.

?I tried to lay on him a few times,? said one Broncos rusher after the game. ?I tried to rub my nuts on his face.?
rolf

Also:

Here?s a list of all the offensive linemen the Patriots have drafted in the first three rounds since 2006:

1. Nate Solder, first round, 2011
2. Sebastian Vollmer, second round, 2009

That?s it.

And that's not enough. When your quarterback is Tom Brady, relying on his quick release to get you past the Wares and Millers of the world isn?t just foolish?it?s irresponsible. A quick perusal of AFC East rosters will show you three teams stocking up on fearsome defensive linemen and one team that couldn?t appear to care less. For their part, the Broncos have begun four of their past five drafts by selecting Brady-hunters: Shane Ray in 2015, Sylvester Williams in 2013, Derek Wolfe in 2012 and Von Miller in 2011.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good guy Manning:

"I really feel that when everybody tries to analyze me versus Tom and me versus Belichick, I think it's more about enjoying the games and the rivalry," Manning said. "And today I hope everybody enjoyed that game. I know I enjoyed being there. That's what I told Tom and Bill-that I've enjoyed this game and I've enjoyed all of them. I've enjoyed the rivalry and all the games we've been in. It's been such an honor to play against both of them. This is my seventeenth time playing against the Patriots with Tom at quarterback. It's my 24th against Belichick as head coach or defensive coordinator. I can't shake either one of them. They are always there. They're always standing between me and where our team wants to go. What a rivalry. It's been such a big part of my career. So I wanted to take the time to pass that along to them, with how much respect I have for both of them."

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Guards are cheap, Tackles are expensive. But yeah.. Belichick has to put the same focus into building a quality Oline that he had in putting together a secondary.

Pats were able to get away with it because they had Dante Scarnecchia, one of the best Oline coaches in the NFL, but he retired and isnt turning Chicken shit into chicken salad anymore.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Carolina has a good defense, and a good offense but neither one of them are elite. Carolina scores a lot of points off of a huge turnover margin, without that they probably don't score anywhere near 30 points a game. Denver's defense is elite, but their offense is weak. If Denver can protect the football, the game remains close. Denver hasn't given up 30 or more points all year, that probably won't change against Carolina's offense. I'm taking experience and the better defense in this one. The crowd is also probably going to be pro Denver with it being on the west coast and it being Manning's fairy tale ending.