NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm with ya there. It was so much better when it was like a month after the superbowl. It helped to ease me into the off-season. It used to be almost as much a must watch as the SB itself, but now I have no interest in it.

I also think they need to give the players a reason to play in the game. I suggested exempting part of their salary the next year from the salary cap. That way they can either get paid more or the team can be made stronger.
Fuck the Pro Bowl with its half assed play and bring back the skills challenge.

I'd much rather see things like foot races with players like Desean Jackson and Chris Johnson, Bench Press competition with players like Suh and Watt, and the QB deep ball competition to see who can throw the ball second furthest behind Cousins.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I have no problem with the players not wanting to participate. Neither do most of the fans. It's flag football for a bunch of really wealthy guys that brings those wealthy guys no real benefits. Putrid football with the 3rd-4th alternates...yay!!!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I can't believe the NFL doesn't see the popularity of things like the Home Run Derby and NBA Dunk & 3 pt competition and just go over to a skill competition. Honestly, I haven't watched an all-star game from ANY of the leagues in decades, but I'll still tune in for the pre-game skill events.

I'd love to see a 100 yard dash with Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, CJ Spiller, Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, etc.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, skills comps with an award ceremony where they announce/hand out DROTY/OROTY/MVP/etc. would be a better option imo. I'd watch the shit out of a trick pass and trick kick comp.

If you insist on still having a game maybe a futures game.

moontayle

Golden Squire
If you insist on still having a game maybe a futures game.
Senior Bowl is this week if you're into something like that. It's not ever going to be like baseball's prospect game because there is no minor league, but it's pretty close. The only downside is the lack of inclusion for non-seniors who declare.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pro Bowl always been dogshit and could care less about. It's really just a free trip for the players and most of them pull out anyways to rest injuries.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'd be on board with the skills competition replacing the pro bowl. I also think it's stupid having it before the super bowl.

Maybe they should rethink it and make it the WORST players at each position from each conference and the losing team are all immediately cut from their team at the end of the game. I bet you would see some motivation then.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck yes! I'd love to see a skills competition. Make it like fucking field day for elementary kids.

Those old ones they used to do were awesome to watch. The QB's throwing at moving targets 60 yards downfield, 100 yard dash, etc. Good times.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Players will never agree to a skills competition. They already did the combine, why run another sprint and possibly show you've slowed down? Or you know, be Jamaal Charles and blow out your knee? It's stupid for them to ever do that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pretty poor reasoning. You're more likely to get injured playing in a game than running in a straight line. It's also worse for you to get run over and dominated by a WR than to run a little slower.

You think Calvin Johnson will get cut if he doesn't outrun Desean Jackson or something?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just want to see Flacco and Cutler duke it out in the deep ball chucking competition every year.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty poor reasoning.You're more likely to get injured playing in a gamethan running in a straight line. It's also worse for you to get run over and dominated by a WR than to run a little slower.

You think Calvin Johnson will get cut if he doesn't outrun Desean Jackson or something?
No shit, which is why most people opt out of the pro bowl or don't put any effort into it.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Didn't they used to play flag football as well?

That was fun. Flag football 7 on 7 or whatever. Same shit the NHL is doing this year.