NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Murray will be stud again this year. Probably lead RBs in TDs. Doubt he will have over 250 carries tho.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Call me crazy but I bet he was running with the ball after a catch as well.

You were wrong, no need to double down on stupidity.
I wasn't wrong at all moron.

I literally said "Murray had 3 fumbles on almost 400 (392) touches." He lost 3 fumbles in 392 touches.

Sorry you dipshits are trying to make-up excuses about how losing the most important piece of your offense isn't a bad thing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dallas is not a better team without Murray. End of discussion.

Rumor is, McFadden is starter

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dallas is not a better team without Murray. End of discussion.

Rumor is, McFadden is starter
Don't think anyone's saying they're actually better without him. Just that it's not as big of a deal as people are acting like, and the additions of Hardy, Gregory, Lee, and Collins more than make up for it.

Eagles go 5-11

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wasn't wrong at all moron.

I literally said "Murray had 3 fumbles on almost 400 (392) touches." He lost 3 fumbles in 392 touches.

Sorry you dipshits are trying to make-up excuses about how losing the most important piece of your offense isn't a bad thing.
Technically your stats on his touches is incorrect. Touches include rushing, receiving, kick, and punt returns. I would also disagree with your statement about Murray being the most important piece of the Cowboys offense since Romo is the Cowboys qb. I do admit that Murray was not a no-namer rb, but losing him is not that big of a deal. The Cowboys has one of the best o-line in the NFL.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
BTW, called it. Fuck allau who doubted me when I said the justice system works for the rich white man.

Brandon Marshall: Race a factor in NFL discipline, including Deflategate | NJ.com

Inside the NFL_sl said:
"So you're telling me that there are players out there-and I don't know if you believe this," Esiason said with a glance toward Phil Simms, another co-panelist and a former Giants quarterback. "That there are players out there, that if this were Cam Newton, that his suspension would be upheld, and he would be there, that the judge would see Cam Newton differently because of the color of his skin?"

To which Marshall replied: "Well, when you look back at the history of this sport, you can build a case on that, yes."
Oh and speaking of race cards, did anyone mention that the high school kids are playing the race card? They're saying that the ref made racist remarks. Didn't read a story about it, it was just on the morning news.

Tenks

Yeah apparently the assistant coach for that HS team told the team to take the ref out for what he perceived as bad calls. Those two players decided to do just that then started with the whole "omg no he said racist things" crap afterwards.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah heard that too. I haven't seen an exact quote, but supposedly he said the ref needed to pay for some bad calls. IMO they're both just examples of the kids trying to place blame on anyone but themselves. That kinda shit gets said about the refs at well over half of all football games. I remember an old NFL films where they showed some of the abuse the coaches heaped onto the refs. It's rare to actually say something as strong as 'he needs to pay', but you can bet it's happening nearly every time they make a truly shitty call.

Tenks

Possibly but I believe the asst coach was let go. So there may be some validity in he huddled the kids together and told them to take out the ref. Which doesn't exonerate the kids from any wrong doing but it does at least some a bit of context for their actions.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Murray has 12 fumbles in 4 years. Math shows he fumbles every ~77 carries so once every 3-4 games. That's not insignificant. Not to mention he fumbled what could have been the nail in the coffin carry in that GB game.

Eagles have a shit O-line. They hide it with how fast the plays run but Shady is amazing so he made up for it. PFO hasnice rankingsfor all this. They ranked 29th overall but for the back-specific part (Open Field Rank) they managed 6th. Dallas was 2nd. So yes, Murray is good but so was McCoy. They sidegraded for an older back who's going to make $8m a year in a shared carry environment (why else pay for Matthews?).

Look, Murray did great things last year. But to think he'll experience that level of success again is silly. Especially given Philly's o-line. He's going to have to do a lot more work than he did in Dallas.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll admit it. But history is not kind to leading rushers.

Sterling

El Presidente
There's going to be some dropoff with the Cowboys running game. It's probably more than made up for by the improvements on defense. Enough to make them better than Seattle or Green Bay? Probably not, but we'll have to see. Doesn't matter anyways. Dolphins over the Lions in the Superbowl 45-10!