NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Jeff .500 Fisher is impervious to the natural Laws of Firing. It's the only explanation for the patience he's been afforded for decades now. That or he's a Sith Lord/Jedi Master in disguise. Considering he chose the Rams over the Dolphins, I consider him a Jedi

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you fire the head coach that won 10 games a year the first two years and now had a down year? Where can I get an owner this impatient?

Also, Sam Badford gets coaches fired. Too bad he left before they could can Jeff .500 Fisher
Chip got rid of all the talent that got him to 10 wins...

moontayle

Golden Squire
So you fire the head coach that won 10 games a year the first two years and now had a down year? Where can I get an owner this impatient?

Also, Sam Badford gets coaches fired. Too bad he left before they could can Jeff .500 Fisher
When you fail this spectacularly after seizing control of personnel moves (they also fired his lackey there), especially after running off or ditching talent already on the team, and the general attitude players have toward him, I don't think Lurie felt he had much of a choice.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
When you fail this spectacularly after seizing control of personnel moves (they also fired his lackey there), especially after running off or ditching talent already on the team, and the general attitude players have toward him, I don't think Lurie felt he had much of a choice.
So they gave it one season? That's some commitment. Also, they're 6-9 right? I mean, they aren't drafting first or anything. That team was set up to fail from a QB point of view if you ask me. Was he supposed to keep Nick Foles? Start Sanchez?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sure. He did win here. But he also let a lot of other people walk. Chip isn't the guy to white knight
Yes, I'm white knighting him, or you know, questioning whether it was possibly premature to fire the guy. Maybe they can go get that playoff coach...what's his name, Andy Reid?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, I'm white knighting him, or you know, questioning whether it was possibly premature to fire the guy. Maybe they can go get that playoff coach...what's his name, Andy Reid?
Ugh.. You obviously haven't been following this team. He let 2 offensive line players go which totally exposed our undersized center, traded McCoy then overpaid another RB who he didn't even bother to put in the best position to suit his ability. Brought in a CB who didn't come close to earning the money he got. let Maclin walk instead of paying another million, had some really bad draft picks and coached a team who could never just play 4 quarters. He's terrible and I'm glad he's gone. We also owe the Rams a 2nd for Bradford...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now as soon as the Skins get bounced out of the first round at home, the entire NFCE can get back to being miserable as usual.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Many Skins fans including myself are loving Gruden, but if he starts Captain Kirk in a meaningless game against the cowgirls and Cousins gets hurt, there will be such massive backlash. It would be a very skins-like thing to happen.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i got a friend who is a big eagles fan and he is over the moon right now. apparently chip fired all the veteran talent and brought in a ton of bums who are just going to eat up the cap and fuck the team over next season too. so this wasnt going to be just one down season, they need to do a complete rebuild now with very little funds to do it with.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Chip definitely has some good ideas especially in the integration of sports science into training, I think the problem is personnel. NFL vets don't like a lot of his ideas and don't buy into it. I think as much as ability, Chip was trying to find guys that would buy in.

The Demarco Murray signing was fucking asinine though and that's what got Chip fired and deservedly so.

I still think he is s really good, innovative coach with some brilliant ideas that are ahead of his time, but he is a turrible GM.

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Giving Byron Maxwell 60mill is the worst decision Chip made. You can upgrade your line and change scheme to make Murray viable. Maxwell is simply a turd who is lost in coverage most the time. Without the Seahawks pass rush he is pathetically bad for the money.