NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Holy shit, ESPN apparently gave Gruden $6.5 mil? That's a rumor from a link I saw from this year, but yeah he has zero reason to consider a return to coaching if he makes that much. Doesn't seem as easy to find Cowher's salary number, but Gruden's was at least $4m per year already and supposedly he's the highest paid anchor at the network now. Top end NFL HC's make seven or eight, and there's not many in that realm. Four is much more common.
Yeah but if either of those two come out they'll be making top3 coaching money

Gravy

Bronze Squire
When the Chiefs were looking for a coach and ended up with Todd Haley, I was pissed. Cowher is sitting right there! Offer him some damn money.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Two first rounders and two seconds!!!

Jets got a first, fourth and seventh out of NE in return for Belichick breaking his contract and also sent them a fifth and their seventh.

Parcells was involved in a trade with picks too, apparently first second third and fourth to the Pats when he went from NE to the Jets. Apparently this thing often involves NE and the Jets...
The first I had ever heard of it was with Harbaugh the other year and I thought it was ridiculous. But apparently this is actually a thing? Wow. Especially that Gruden trade, that's insane. I guess they'd probably do it again for a Super Bowl though.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Wow, looks like the Colts are keeping Pagano and signing him to a four year extension. They are also supposedly keeping Grigson as GM as well, which is shocking since Pagano and Grigson hate each other. I would be pissed as a Colts fan, this will surely lead to more disfunction for that organization.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, looks like the Colts are keeping Pagano and signing him to a four year extension. They are also supposedly keeping Grigson as GM as well, which is shocking since Pagano and Grigson hate each other. I would be pissed as a Colts fan, this will surely lead to more disfunction for that organization.
Realistically though, they'd made the playoffs the last 3 years, and if Luck had been healthy all year they would have won their shitty division again.

Now, they were supposed to be a possible real contender this year in the AFC, but Grigson's infusion of lots of old vets didn't do so much, but they'll tread water as long as Luck comes back healthy and isn't playing hurt where he's throwing 2+ picks a game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Shocker for me, or I guess shouldn't be? is Fisher is still around today and saying he expects Keenum back next year. Maybe he is getting a pass cause of all the LA shit about to go down? boggles the brain even with the LA stuff.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Realistically though, they'd made the playoffs the last 3 years, and if Luck had been healthy all year they would have won their shitty division again.

Now, they were supposed to be a possible real contender this year in the AFC, but Grigson's infusion of lots of old vets didn't do so much, but they'll tread water as long as Luck comes back healthy and isn't playing hurt where he's throwing 2+ picks a game.
Ya luck is good enough to keep a shit coach employed. Colts aren't winning a sb with that clown as a coach. Colts are the new Bengal.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
dislike how the pats played yesterday- really flat offensively, it looked like they were playing to not get hurt, and brady got dinged up by suh on that play. the D played decently for the most part. IF all the players offensively that are missing (and can come back) play, and the offense actually"clicks" into gear for the playoffs, they'll beat all the other AFC teams to goto the superbowl.
Honestly, they probably WERE playing to not get hurt... fuck seeding if you lose first game of the playoffs anyways because your already busted up team loses 2 more people in week 17...

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Goddam Irsay must be high. Fucking Colts already lost the offseason and it hasn't even started.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Should be pretty interesting, LA might get two teams if the Chargers and Raiders joint stadium plan is accepted. Their proposal is for a $1.75 billion two team stadium. The Rams proposed a one team stadium plan estimated at $1.86 Billion. On Dec. 29th the city of St. Louis submitted a separate 1.1 billion stadium offer to the NFL.

Sounds like whichever team or teams get left out of a possible LA stadium deal, the NFL will back their relocation to a new a home somewhere else.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I could see Cowher coming out of retirement. When he went in to retirement his wife was alive and his girls were still living at home. Now his wife has passed away, two of his daughters are married to pro athletes. Life looks a lot different for him now then it did when he said he wasn't going anywhere.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like whichever team or teams get left out of a possible LA stadium deal, the NFL will back their relocation to a new a home somewhere else.
Really, where do you get that impression. Seems like if STL is turned down they are stuck with the deal on the table back "home". Meanwhile, SD and OAK don't have any offers in their current cities, but they also have less of a real plan in LA compared to the Rams. However, O Co and Qualcomm are the two worst stadiums in the league and you know the NFL has to be hating that, especially with both of them being havens for violence and bad publicity.

Oakland might be able to fall back on a deal in Texas or somewhere, but where would the Chargers go? Add to that the fact that the Chargers have made the case that the area surrounding LA makes up a very significant portion of their market so having the Rams come in there would essentially be a death sentence if they are forced to stay in SD.

Overall the OAK/SD plan seems like the best thing for the league, and both teams get to stay in California for whatever that might be worth. If they had a more tangible stadium plan on the books it would probably be a done deal.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Shocker for me, or I guess shouldn't be? is Fisher is still around today and saying he expects Keenum back next year. Maybe he is getting a pass cause of all the LA shit about to go down? boggles the brain even with the LA stuff.
Rams going to fail in LA if they think they can go there with a middling team and compete with USC at the Coliseum.

I do think it's most likely the Rams that will relocate though.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Didn't Goddell casually float an idea about Mexico City having a team? I could see the NFL moving the Raiders there while Los Angeles gets the dual combination of the Chargers and the Rams in a similar set-up for the Giants and the Jets in New York.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
No shit. I actually feel bad for Rams fans (sort of). That team is a QB and a couple other pieces away from being a great team.

Oh, and of course a new coach

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Didn't Goddell casually float an idea about Mexico City having a team? I could see the NFL moving the Raiders there while Los Angeles gets the dual combination of the Chargers and the Rams in a similar set-up for the Giants and the Jets in New York.
More likely it'll be the San Antonio Raiders. But that's pretty much the same thing, right?