NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
Hyperbole incorporated! It's ESPN. Them and PFT have degenerated largely into clickbait articles (I say largely, sometimes they're not). If you're looking for objectivity, you will not find it there.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Honestly we should all bandwagon the Patriots. Hear me out. Every fucking time we bandwagon something it loses. Do we really want to ruin any chance Arizona has?

Plus, we could all just be stupid assholes all week while we pretend to bandwagon the Pats! Win-Win?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You do get pretty wide latitude to swing your tiny cock around as a Patriots fan. You might be on to something.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ahh the stereo type.

newton imo is borderline elite- SO FAR.

his passing numbers need to be a bit better.

16th this year in yards, 28th in passing percentage(59.8) (peyton was 27th this year-rodgers also had a bad year in this too). he had good TD to interception ratio this year.

he can run, but running COULD hinder him as a QB further on in his career-ie he gets hurt.

his total yards need to go up, and his percentage needs to go up to the ~63-66% range, this year newton Averaged 12.96 yds per completion (espn lists yds per ATTEMPT)... he had 296 completions, in 495 attempts, if he completed 64% of his passes,(317 completions)
using that 12.96 number his yards would have gone up to about 4108, which would have him at 11th in yards, 15th in percentage...(brady 12th in %, 3rd yds)
The completion % for Newton is skewed because for most of the year (maybe the entire year?) he was averaging the long distance in the air downfield on his passes of all QB's in the league. Naturally, you're % is going to fall some. There's a reason our boy Captain Kirk led the league in completion %. He started to take more shots later in the season, but for most of the year he was throwing a lot of shorter passes and letting his receivers get YAC. Newton throws the ball downfield a whole lot more than everyone else.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly we should all bandwagon the Patriots. Hear me out. Every fucking time we bandwagon something it loses. Do we really want to ruin any chance Arizona has?

Plus, we could all just be stupid assholes all week while we pretend to bandwagon the Pats! Win-Win?
This makes too much sense.

All aboard the Pats Train to the best dynasty ever!!! CHOO CHOO!!

I just threw up in my mouth.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well considering Wilson has been to more Superbowls, has the same amount of rings, and more playoff wins than Bree's I would definitely say hes not worth twice as much and your a try hard.
Damn you are trying to troll me. Look at Brees stats and look at Wilson's over their careers. Then look at the defenses Brees has played with. The only half ass defense Brees ever had he won a superbowl with. That first year we had Rob Ryan when the Saints D was ranked 4th was overinflated imo. Our D gave up like 4 last second game winning TDs and then nobody was beating Seattle in Seattle that year.

Conversely Wilson has played with one of the best defenses the NFL has seen in the last 20 years. Put Brees on the Seahawks and they'd be going for their 3rd Superbowl.

also, *you're I can't argue with you anymore, you're just not intelligent enough.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that means you need to go order your favorite white player NE patriots jersey so you can fit in just like you were at the stadium while subtly hiding your disdain for those daaaahkies.

Welker throwback? Amendola? That guy who was the white underdog guy who plays for the Chargers? Edelman?

everyone kind of wants a patriots repeat superbowl appearance. whether you want them to win or lose, you want them winning or losing the SB

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy fuck, its Cathan.

lol whats up man. Drew Brees won me another fantasy title this year, your boy still got it.

Newton is going to light up the Cardinals IMO. It might be a blowout. He is getting to the Super Bowl, it almost feels like his championship run with Auburn.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Well that means you need to go order your favorite white player NE patriots jersey so you can fit in just like you were at the stadium while subtly hiding your disdain for those daaaahkies.

Welker throwback? Amendola? That guy who was the white underdog guy who plays for the Chargers? Edelman?
you mean Woodhead Genjiro?

if i was going to get a jersey/hoodie it would be woodhead, edelman gronk or brady--maybe Butler

i DO have a jersey that is ~15yrs old or so,,,Bledsoe.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
No one said he is God mode. Literally no idea where you are getting that from. I don't think anyone even said he was elite. I specifically was referring to the comments that he sucks or is terrible. You are arguing something no one even claimed.
Well what the fuck are you arguing with then since no one said that he sucks or is terrible either. It's just a typical internet argument where you reduce your opponent to the dumbest possible argument even if that's not what they are saying. Somebody here said that Wilson was a "great" quarterback. That is all anyone disagreed with. I called him "above average" which is the best or worst I would say about him.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm thinking the NFC wins this year regardless of who wins either game this weekend but you can never totally count out the Patriots because nobody knows exactly how many rings Belicheck and Brady sold their souls to Satan for.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking the NFC wins this year regardless of who wins either game this weekend but you can never totally count out the Patriots because nobody knows exactly how many rings Belicheck and Brady sold their souls to Satan for.
This was my exact thought earlier! I was looking for a time limit for the devil to come calling and didn't see any exact time frames. I was thinking exactly 16 years later but maybe that was just wishful thinking.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
As a Pats fan I'd really rather not play Denver over there. Especially with this probably being Manning's last hurrah. Going to be a good game.

Generol_sl

shitlord
Hard to predict who will win out of these four remaining teams as they all appear evenly matched. If I had to guess I would say the Patriots vs the Cardinals as the Cards are every bit as potent as the Panthers on offense. However, who the fuck knows at this point. I was actually surprised to read that Manning and Brady are 2-2 in playoff head to heads. It just feels like Brady has dominated that head to head but apparently it's even in the playoffs.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is it? We will see Carolina vs. New England Superbowl with Carolina winning the perfect season.
tongue.png