NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can someone explain why that's even a rule? Is this some retarded union thing where they figured it would prevent injuries or something?

It just seems like a really asinine rule.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That was all part of the concessions made to improve player longevity, lots of restrictions on practices as of the last CBA making lives easier for players.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Can someone explain why that's even a rule? Is this some retarded union thing where they figured it would prevent injuries or something?

It just seems like a really asinine rule.
Was part of the most recent CBA a few years back to help reduce concussions, injury and over all wear and tear on NFL players. No pads until training camp, no two a days (morning walk through and then pads in the afternoon is the new two a days) and during the regular season they are only allowed 14 practices in pads and 11 of them have to be used by week 11 and then only 3 the rest of the year, not sure about playoff teams.

Also the whole 5 minute thing was only because the player rep called them on their shit, no fucking way my retarded ass knows the rules and a SB winning head coach doesn't.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Also the whole 5 minute thing was only because the player rep called them on their shit, no fucking way my retarded ass knows the rules and a SB winning head coach doesn't.
He wouldn't be the first SB winning coach to intentionally ignore NFL rules.
#Bellicheat #Cheatriots #0LegitSB

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Rex/Rob never fail to entertain but I so hope they fail working together. Reading Rob say he did a damn good job with the Saints is just so laughable.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Rex/Rob never fail to entertain but I so hope they fail working together. Reading Rob say he did a damn good job with the Saints is just so laughable.
Rob is a shit coach, his scheme sucks and is overly complex to the point no one knows wtf is going on. His defenses struggle to get 11 men on the field let alone properly lined up and aware of the actual call. He presided over the worst defenses in Cowboys and Saints history and if not for his brother would be unemployed as a DC.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
He wouldn't be the first SB winning coach to intentionally ignore NFL rules.
#Bellicheat #Cheatriots #0LegitSB
Your keyboard or computer is acting up, don't know if you've noticed it. For some reason the number sign is showing up before misspelled words.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Rob is a shit coach, his scheme sucks and is overly complex to the point no one knows wtf is going on. His defenses struggle to get 11 men on the field let alone properly lined up and aware of the actual call. He presided over the worst defenses in Cowboys and Saints history and if not for his brother would be unemployed as a DC.
Monte Kiffin was the DC when Dallas's defense was historically bad. They were 19th in the NFL with a ton of injuries the previous year under Rob Ryan. No idea where you get the idea that he was a bad DC for Dallas.

He was also far from great or even good for NO, but they were already a dumpster fire on defense before he arrived.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Monte Kiffin was the DC when Dallas's defense was historically bad. They were 19th in the NFL with a ton of injuries the previous year under Rob Ryan. No idea where you get the idea that he was a bad DC for Dallas.

He was also far from great or even good for NO, but they were already a dumpster fire on defense before he arrived.
Yeah that was Monte, everything else was right about him and his defense.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I love when I hear Cowboys fans argue about which of their coaches is the most worthless shit. It's like winning some money from the lotto.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that crappy coaches can stay in the NFL for as long as they want. It's amazing how little results seem to actually matter.
Sometimes the NFL forces shitty coaches out. Case in point - Lovie Smith is finally out of the NFL and unless he somehow kills it in Illinois (very doubltful) he's most likely not coming back. Schiano before him isn't an NFL coach anymore either. Man Tampa has had some bad coaches

Fadaar

That guy
Well hockey season is now over and fuck baseball.... is it time for football yet?

Sometimes the NFL forces shitty coaches out. Case in point - Lovie Smith is finally out of the NFL and unless he somehow kills it in Illinois (very doubltful) he's most likely not coming back. Schiano before him isn't an NFL coach anymore either. Man Tampa has had some bad coaches
Sigh don't remind me. At least the new HC was the brains behind Winston's success last year, so some continuity there + an offensive minded coach should bode well. I hope.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unless he's out there every day running drills or something, it seems like he wouldn't be in football shape anyway?

He'd probably be better off befriending some NFL players and doing offseason workouts with them. Granted, that'd be something for next year and not right now though.