NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Miller is going to get fuckingpaidnow...I would expect somewhere else, but maybe Denver loses their nerve. As good as he is, they need to build/keep a team going if they want to be competitive, not invest that much cap into one guy. Who knows though, Von might get hurt or have a bad looking year on the field playing under the tag and drive his price back down. Or is he holding out? I haven't followed the details.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like a Haynesworth-esque deal. Jesus...he has 22 sacks infour years.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, but holy shit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Miller is going to get fuckingpaidnow...I would expect somewhere else, but maybe Denver loses their nerve. As good as he is, they need to build/keep a team going if they want to be competitive, not invest that much cap into one guy. Who knows though, Von might get hurt or have a bad looking year on the field playing under the tag and drive his price back down. Or is he holding out? I haven't followed the details.
He hasn't said one way or the other outside of he rejected the last offer but lots of analysts have him sitting out a year if they don't pony up a real deal for him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like a Haynesworth-esque deal. Jesus...he has 22 sacks infour years.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, but holy shit.
This, I'm not disagreeing with Convo that they couldn't let him walk, but dude is not worth that money.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Geno Atkins' contract is damn near half that. He's a much better player. Like...no comparison.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Eagles will be a top 5 team with sacks this year and Cox is a big part of that. He reminds me of Jerome Brown. It's a lot of money but he's 25 and is the best player on our team. They were off around 10 million on the guaranteed money and it's just not worth letting a guy walk over that. With the cap going up, I guess they felt ok doing it... Feel sorry for Colts fans, lol.. Wait till Luck gets paid now.. he's looking at like 80 million in guaranteed money.

We still have holes at skill positions so we need to draft really well the next few years and get some players. I'm hoping a corner emerges in camp.

8-8 this season.

Also, don't agree that Atkins is a much better player than cox to the point it isn't comparable. Cox has been pretty damn good his first 4 seasons, and let's not forget the Chip factor. Cox should really shine in this new system.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, with the new coaching staff every single player on the roster will have career years and they'll send 18 guys to the pro bowl. Or, that contract is retarded and they will regret it in a few years.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
According to ESPN Stats and Information, the Eagles have now doled out over $280 million in guaranteed money this offseason, nearly double any other team including the drunken sailors of free agency, the Giants.
good luck with that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Reading about the Cox deal, tons of Eagles fans are all "Yeah, but the salary cap will go up."

It seems like the Eagles are in "win now" mode (or within the next 2-3 seasons). If Wentz isn't the next Brady/Manning, they've just crippled their team for the foreseeable future.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
While the Cox deal is way too much, you do need to keep playmakers. Miller is the best at a prime position. To lowball a gamechanger like him just seems stupid. How many guys can be like Miller? Almost no one.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Darren McFadden of Dallas Cowboys out with broken elbow

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys running back Darren McFadden had surgery on a broken right elbow on Tuesday that could keep him out of the Sept. 11 season opener against the New York Giants.

Coach Jason Garrett said the injury happened over Memorial Day weekend at McFadden's house. McFadden took part in last week's organized team activities, wearing a protective sleeve on his arm, but he did not say anything to the team's athletic training staff until Friday.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading about the Cox deal, tons of Eagles fans are all "Yeah, but the salary cap will go up."

It seems like the Eagles are in "win now" mode (or within the next 2-3 seasons). If Wentz isn't the next Brady/Manning, they've just crippled their team for the foreseeable future.
I'd really have to look at the contracts(not something I care about) Howie is really good at structuring contacts. For instance, Bradford's contract. I think we are trying to be competitive but if Wentz takes a few years, we should have some money open back up with guys like Bradford gone at that time.