NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I guess I'm just being an asshole when I say the cowboys are America's Team. Really, we're Earth's Team.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dallas Cowboys Head The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams Of 2016 - Forbes

Forbes' top 10 most valuable teams

1. Dallas Cowboys $4bn (?3.03bn)
2. Real Madrid $3.65bn (?2.77bn)
3. Barcelona $3.55bn (?2.69bn)
4. New York Yankees $3.4bn (?2.58bn)
5. Manchester United $3.32bn (?2.52bn)
6. New England Patriots $3.2bn (?2.43bn)
7. New York Knicks $3bn (?2.27bn)
8. Washington Redskins $2.85bn (?2.16bn)
9. New York Giants $2.8bn (?2.12bn)
10. Los Angeles Lakers $2.7bn (?2.05bn)

Cowboys most valuable team in the world. Heh

How can the Skins suck so bad yet still are 8th on the list? ??
I mean, we did win the division last year.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I think the only real question for the Seahawks is keeping a great roster together now that they are paying their players. They had cheap contracts on some of their best players for a few seasons, and are actually paying now. So we will see how they do in continuing to draft and develop players. Obviously the last several years has been great, so they very well could continue to do well. Now they need to actually do something about their O-Line and not just pray that Wilson can continue to save them with his crazy hax escape skills.
I agree. How we fix our O line will definitely determine our success over the next few years. And some of our awesome core players will walk for more money. We can't stop that. We also have to continue to draft well.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuck even Tampa, Cleveland, Tenn and at #50 Jacksonville made the list. NFL teams are just a bit of a cash cow I guess...

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Cowboys are the highest values losers in the world. Excellent.
2nd highest win % in the regular season in NFL history. Played in more post season games than anyone and tied for most post season wins while being tied for 2nd in SB wins. Historically speaking the only team to win more is Pittsburgh but don't let facts get in your way.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah and the Cleveland Browns have won more championships than every other team but don't let facts get in the way!

Merrith

I agree. How we fix our O line will definitely determine our success over the next few years. And some of our awesome core players will walk for more money. We can't stop that. We also have to continue to draft well.
O line will be important. That said, assuming coach/GM both get extensions (I mean really, they will), with Wilson signed through 2019 as well the situation is there. Drafting has been very good. Seahawks being ranked #1 in that 3 year power rankings thing isn't crazy at all.

Merrith

2nd highest win % in the regular season in NFL history. Played in more post season games than anyone and tied for most post season wins while being tied for 2nd in SB wins. Historically speaking the only team to win more is Pittsburgh but don't let facts get in your way.
Well, if we're getting back to my point hating on the Skins being so high on the list. We've won as many playoff games as the Cowboys have the last ~19 years. The Cowboys have really rocketed up the highest value charts during a period when they've been pretty big losers versus their storied past. Pre like 1997 looks really good though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dallas Cowboys Head The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams Of 2016 - Forbes

Forbes' top 10 most valuable teams

1. Dallas Cowboys $4bn (?3.03bn)
2. Real Madrid $3.65bn (?2.77bn)
3. Barcelona $3.55bn (?2.69bn)
4. New York Yankees $3.4bn (?2.58bn)
5. Manchester United $3.32bn (?2.52bn)
6. New England Patriots $3.2bn (?2.43bn)
7. New York Knicks $3bn (?2.27bn)
8. Washington Redskins $2.85bn (?2.16bn)
9. New York Giants $2.8bn (?2.12bn)
10. Los Angeles Lakers $2.7bn (?2.05bn)

Cowboys most valuable team in the world. Heh

How can the Skins suck so bad yet still are 8th on the list? ??
I didn't read the article but is part of the valuation the fact that the Cowboys organization outright owns all of JWorld?

Merrith

I didn't read the article but is part of the valuation the fact that the Cowboys organization outright owns all of JWorld?
I'm sure it is. That coupled with the stadium are huge in driving up the value. JWorld just going to get more valuable as time goes on too.

moontayle

Golden Squire
That and the impending completion of their new offices, training, and medical facilities out in Frisco ('burb north of Dallas). It all figures in, as it's owned largely by the Cowboys.

On the whole it's more about brand appeal. The success of the franchise as a whole, even though it's lacking in recent years (or decades), helps this tremendously. Not bad for a $140m investment on a team everyone thought Jerry overpaid for at the time.

Merrith

That and the impending completion of their new offices, training, and medical facilities out in Frisco ('burb north of Dallas). It all figures in, as it's owned largely by the Cowboys.

On the whole it's more about brand appeal. The success of the franchise as a whole, even though it's lacking in recent years (or decades), helps this tremendously. Not bad for a $140m investment on a team everyone thought Jerry overpaid for at the time.
Pretty sure if you got in awhile ago on any NFL team you're not doing badly at all. Saw some numbers on Irsay with the Colts yesterday and it's just sick how much the value has gone up over the years.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Five more weeks! Unless you're Tom Brady.
Five weeks until we watch the first 10 minutes of the first preseason game, realize they are garbage and have to wait another five weeks for the real games
frown.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think this year I've finally learned my lesson and won't watch any preseason games. Well, outside of whatever I get shown on Hard Knocks.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
First couple weeks I probable won't watch much but weeks 3 and 4 I'll more than likely be watching 1st and maybe some of the 2nd quarters.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I will for sure watch the pre-season games this year. Last year showed me how awesome Chip Kelly's teams are in the pre-season, and I expect that to be the most success the 49ers have this year!