NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After no football, preseason is like that first beer after a long day of work.
I wouldn't go this far. Training camp and the daily stories about who's looking good are like that first beer for me. Preseason is kinda meh. I'll watch mostly when the starters are in, and focus on some key backups in 2nd halves of the games, but like others said I'm really just praying for no injuries.

Seems to go in cycles, some years tons of stars go down in preseason with the ACL's. Just sucks when it's one of those years and you know the entire season is going to be drastically affected by glorified scrimmages.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think the best preseason football is when the guys who are fighting for roster spots are in. It's kind of like watching high school football (which I enjoy) where you never know what you're going to get because everyone is an unknown.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pre-season is like banging that ugly chick nobody else wants because you haven't gotten laid in a long time. You start regretting it halfway through, and only people like Convo actually brag about it afterwards

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
DEFLATE gate is over

brady gonna serve the 4 games.

personally, still think it was just the weather that did it. but hey

imo pats will be at worst - 12-4 this upcoming season and still will get a bye week and will go on to win the superbowl..BELIEVE!!!!!!

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Pre-season is like banging that ugly chick nobody else wants because you haven't gotten laid in a long time. You start regretting it halfway through, and only people like Convo actually brag about it afterwards
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ambiturner again.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're a cowboys fan... all you do is brag about shit, wtf are you talking about! Not likely and of your predictions hit last year anyway since you're kind of dumb like that burnoob guy..

8-8 this year, and it sucks most of you don't have your Future franchise QB to look forward to. Makes pre season way better...

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Kraft's statement about Brady:
from weei.com:
While I was disappointed with the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision not to rehear Tom Brady's case, I am most frustrated that Tom was denied his right to a fair and impartial process. The League's investigation into a football pressure matter was flawed and biased from the start, and has been discredited nearly unanimously by accredited academics and scientists.

The penalty imposed by the NFL was unprecedented, unjust and unreasonable, especially given that no empirical or direct evidence of any kind showed Tom did anything to violate League rules prior to, during or after the 2015 AFC Championship Game. What Tom has had to endure throughout this 18-month ordeal has been, in my opinion, as far removed from due process as you could ever expect in this country.

From day one, I have believed in Tom and given him my unwavering support in his pursuit to rightfully clear his name of any wrongdoing. That support extends throughout our organization and has only grown more steadfast as the preponderance of scientific evidence has exonerated Tom. Unfortunately, this stopped being about air pressure a long time ago.

This entire process has indelibly taken a toll on our organization, our fans and most importantly, Tom Brady. His reluctant decision to stop pursuing further action and to put this situation behind him is what he feels is best for the team in preparation for this season and is fully supported by me and our entire organization.

To our devoted fans, your unwavering support for Tom and our organization have only reinforced our longstanding belief that we have the greatest fans in all of sports. We will continue to unequivocally support Tom and know our fans will rally around him and the rest of the team like never before. Our full focus now is on making the upcoming season a memorable one for all of our fans.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Von deal was signed a couple of hours ago.Rand Getlin on Twitter:

The rough breakdown of Miller's contract, according to sources:

2016: $17 million signing bonus/$6 million roster bonus ($23 million paid out within 14 days), $2 million in salary and workout bonus, other bonuses. Total $25 million (fully guaranteed). The year one payout was the only metric he did not surpass Philadelphia defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, who got $27.3 million upfront with his recent contract extension

2017: $17 million in salary, bonuses (fully guaranteed). Total is $42 million after two years. Cox got $36.3 million guaranteed after year two

2018: $19 million in salary, bonuses. (Injury-only guarantee, converts to full guarantee in eight months, or March 17). Total is $61 million after three years. Cox got $55.55 million guaranteed after year three

2019: $17.5 million in salary, bonuses. (Injury-only guarantee but $9 million converts to full guarantee a year earlier, or in March, 2018). Total is $78.5 million after four years with $70 million guaranteed. Cox got $63.3 million guaranteed after year four

2020: $17.5 million in salary. $500,000 work out bonus (no guarantees). Total is $96.5 million after five years

2021: $17.5 million in salary. $500,000 work out bonus (no guarantees). Total is $114.5 million after six years

Rerolled took a dump when I tried to post that earlier.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bunch of posers. Love the sport or don't. If you can't get excited about pre season you're not a true fan. In philly people are fucking going insane over summer league sixers and Eagles. Going to eagles camp is a family tradition here. We tailgate for 8 fucking hours for a pre season game. No wonder you have guys like Am saying players like Cam Newton are overrated, or last years Cowboys defense will rival the 2000 Ravens. he's a fucking casual fan. and you retards are repping him.

And watching a redskin fan blow him makes me sick. Hate the dude on principle. JFC.

What a shitty group of NFL posters. Worst part is you guys actually believe you have a clue. I can't wait to watch you retards step out on a limb and make actual predictions like I have.

P.S. I'd hate to be a Rams fan.. they picked the wrong guy!