NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

moontayle

Golden Squire
Every team has different ways of grading. They ended up not picking him so it's a moot point anyway.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fisher must have a deal with the devil. To be mediocre for 21 YEARS and get paid millions of dollars to do so feels like a scam I want to get in on. If it wasn't for a couple of years of McNair he wouldn't even be above .500, that ridiculous.

As far as my Bears, off-season wish as usual is for Grandma McCaskey to die and the team to be sold to someone that actually wants to win and not just let her numerous spawn live off the team.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Every team has different ways of grading. They ended up not picking him so it's a moot point anyway.
This. Jerrah's grading system is probably "what will get me mentioned on ESPN the most" which makes you wonder who were his top-3.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Nice Tenks. I think we have a decent shot of sticking around another week.
Yeah, I suspect I'll be posting here before you.

But to the point: There is no _single_ issue with the Browns. Playing in one of the roughest divisions in football, bad luck/analysis with drafts, nearly zero recent success so they have to overpay for free agents, constantly swapping coaches (as if that will fix any of the previous items), ownership changes. Where's Ron Wolf to tell the owner "Here's your GM and Coach, accept you suck, and let them rebuild for four years before you make any moves".

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He can't even get to 8-8 anymore.
He must have made a deal with the devil to never get fired.

I hope the Chargers make some crazy deal with the Cowboys for a bunch of picks. We need a lot of talent.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sometimes as fans when you see an organization like the Rams stick with the quintessential average coach like Fisher interview the Cleveland Brown's OC do you think like me and say, "I know I a typical football fan but even I know better." I mean it's not rocket surgery right?

Oh and on Manziel to the Cowboys. What should really have you scratching your heads is the Cowboys had him ranked #4 overall on their board for that draft. #4...OVERALL. Is Jerrah that insane? Who runs their scouting department? How the fuck do you rank Manziel as the 4th best prospect in the draft that year? And you think your team has problems?
Where do you get that he was 4th on Cowboys draft board?

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Browns have hired someone from the Mets front office to run the show.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...rategy-officer

espn.com article_sl said:
DePodesta -- who helped the Mets become National League champions last season -- will be above newly hired executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown in the organizational hierarchy
2mkyc9_4.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This. Jerrah's grading system is probably "what will get me mentioned on ESPN the most" which makes you wonder who were his top-3.
If that's the case you just pencil JFF in at four or whatever and let it leak. Doesn't matter if you never had any intention of drafting him. If they bring him in for peanuts with no serious intention of starting him or even letting him make the team, same deal. More exposure for the almighty Cowboys "brand". Really not even that far fetched.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Fortunately Jerry manages to listen to what others are saying these days, otherwise Manziel would have been drafted. The way it's told, if he could have literally stood on a table to make his case he would have. I'll take the Martin pick though. It was definitely the final piece to the run game puzzle, even with the slight regression this year (All three all pros from last year still finished in the top 3 of their position this year, even with the shitshow at QB).

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So will they go L.A. Raiders and L.A. Chargers like the NY teams or will they be the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles?

Serious question though, which LA plan do you think ends up getting the nod? And what happens to the loser(s) of the LA sweepstakes?
The whole thing is enough to make me disgusted with the league again and its not even really the offseason yet.

In Application To Move To Los Angeles, Rams Shit All Over City Of St. Louis

The NFL's Los Angeles Derby Is A Shameless, Repulsive Shitshow

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The guy the Browns hired was also Jonah Hill's character in Moneyball

Setting up an epic Jonah Hill + Kevin Cosner pairing in Draft Day 2

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The guy the Browns hired was also Jonah Hill's character in Moneyball

Setting up an epic Jonah Hill + Kevin Cosner pairing in Draft Day 2
Somehow I don't picture that pairing working as well as Hill/Pitt did.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Thread should be subtitled either the JFF sweepstakes, or the LA sweepstakes

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think the latter for the time being. After all, that's a thing that's happening. JFF is up in the air until they have someone in charge willing to cut him.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
None of these QBs are worth a top 4 pick, maybe not even top 20.

Cowboys need to draft Bosa or Treadwel and try to find another veteran backup QB. They need someone who can help the team immediately - not a QB who would be no better than Weeden/Cassel if Romo got hurt.

It was definitely the final piece to the run game puzzle, even with the slight regression this year (All three all pros from last year still finished in the top 3 of their position this year, even with the shitshow at QB).
McFadden still had the 4th most rushing yards, in only 11 games as the starter - that's insane and I didn't realize it until earlier this week. They had pretty much the same run stats as last year as a line (yards before contact, etc).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
None of these QBs are worth a top 4 pick, maybe not even top 20.

Cowboys need to draft Bosa or Treadwel and try to find another veteran backup QB. They need someone who can help the team immediately - not a QB who would be no better than Weeden/Cassel if Romo got hurt.

McFadden still had the 4th most rushing yards, in only 11 games as the starter - that's insane and I didn't realize it until earlier this week. They had pretty much the same run stats as last year as a line (yards before contact, etc).
That's pretty much the way I feel as well. If there was an amazing prospect that was a pretty good bet to be a franchise QB for the next 10 years once Romo retires I would be all for it.

Right now, though, it would just be a knee jerk reaction to one unlucky season and there are much bigger needs.

Pass rush or maybe a DB are the biggest obvious holes and would actually help the team out during the 2-3 years Romo has left.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It'll mostly get shaken out at the Combine, Senior Bowl, Pro Days, etc. Dallas coaches get to coach for the Senior Bowl and I'm sure that'll only help their evaluation.