NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
They have drafted the first two rounds pretty well the last 5 years Will McClay has been involved so whatever they do I can't fault it.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
None of these QBs are worth a top 4 pick, maybe not even top 20.

Cowboys need to draft Bosa or Treadwel and try tofind another veteran backup QB. They need someone who can help the team immediately - not a QB who would be no better than Weeden/Cassel if Romo got hurt.
Here's the list of veteran free agents coming up this spring. Name the one you think the Cowboys could sign for backup money that would be better than Weeden/Cassel/Moore.
2016 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Cowboys need to draft Bosa or Treadwel and try to find another veteran backup QB. They need someone who can help the team immediately - not a QB who would be no better than Weeden/Cassel if Romo got hurt..
How many teams in the league actually have a backup QB you can count on to come in and win a game for you? I think most of these guys are just there so there is actually a guy throwing the ball for 2nd team practice reps with the rare exception of a young guy being groomed. It's not like NFL QB is a deep enough position that some capable guy is going to be fine with riding the pine.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm just a stupid Cincinnati Bengals homer, but AJ McCarron hasn't looked half bad. It's not like the Bengals look like a Romo-less Cowboys without Dalton. Soundly beat the 49ers and Ravens (teams they should have beat soundly) and took the #1 seeded Broncos to OT.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Cowboys had more than just Romo as issues but his loss was the lynchpin domino so to speak.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Kellen Moore's honestly their best bet right now. Costs them next to nothing and has shown he can play at least average.

Their real problem is their turnover difference was -22. For reference, second place was -14. Even if Moore played perfectly and threw 0 interceptions, they would still have the worst differential in the league.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just a stupid Cincinnati Bengals homer, but AJ McCarron hasn't looked half bad. It's not like the Bengals look like a Romo-less Cowboys without Dalton. Soundly beat the 49ers and Ravens (teams they should have beat soundly) and took the #1 seeded Broncos to OT.
Bengals would be one of my examples of a team that likely had a much better backup situation than the Cowboys. Moon is right that Cowboys had a lot more issues too though, honestly Bengals at full health probably top 3 roster in the league...they'd just have to have Dalton answer that playoff question to be a true contender in my mind.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Shit, by all accounts they broke Joe Thomas, he of the 9 straight pro bowls in his 9 years in the league.
Denver analyst and some fans want Elway to go back and try to get Thomas in the off season, especially now that they cleaned house.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Right now, though, it would just be a knee jerk reaction to one unlucky season
best Cowboy fan quote ever. if we could just figure out what season it was these past 20 years he is referring to.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Why are all these Cowboys fans talking about drafting a QB when they know damn well JFF is their QB of the future?!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I want this to happen so hard.
Rather have RG3, if those are my two options.

Their real problem is their turnover difference was -22. For reference, second place was -14. Even if Moore played perfectly and threw 0 interceptions, they would still have the worst differential in the league.
Turnover differential is such a lucky stat year to year too. Same coaches, same players (minus Scandrick, plus Sean Lee) last year were one of the better defenses in the league at turnovers.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Both are still under contract. JFF is probably going to get let go by the new regime in Brownieville but given how fast everyone is dropping ties from him, I don't see Jerry pulling the trigger there unless the contract protected the team in the event he goes full(er) retard. Not sure about RG3 unless there's a thought that they could fix him. It'll probably be the most interesting offseason story surrounding the team, full of plenty of shit Florio can make up to generate clicks for PFT.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I want JFF to end up in Dallas so bad too. I want RG3 to get a legit shot somewhere where this isn't as much media presence...and preferably not in the NFC East, or NFC altogether. Houston sounds good.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Johnny Football needs to be sitting next to Tebow commentating college games, they could be the odd couple. Would be the best show on tv. Johnny shows up with a bottle of vodka in 1 hand and Tebow a bible in the other.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Both are still under contract. JFF is probably going to get let go by the new regime in Brownieville but given how fast everyone is dropping ties from him, I don't see Jerry pulling the trigger there unless the contract protected the team in the event he goes full(er) retard. Not sure about RG3 unless there's a thought that they could fix him. It'll probably be the most interesting offseason story surrounding the team, full of plenty of shit Florio can make up to generate clicks for PFT.
They probably need to cut RG3 to make room for Kirk Cousins semi-franchise contract.