NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Fadaar

That guy
I actually think Urban would out coach them straight up.
Probably, but NFL quality pass rush and linebackers would destroy a college offensive line. There's enough WR and QB talent in college to get some passing done, but they'd have zero time to get the ball out.

Sterling

El Presidente
The whole idea is dumb. There's dudes on the end of the bench that would start for even the best college teams. How many Ohio State players would legit start for the Browns? And the dropoff wouldn't be huge. Going the other direction, like I said there's 3rd and 4th stringers and specials teams guys that would start for the college teams. Game would probably be worse than when Ohio State plays Youngstown Community College or whatever.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
The redskins new stadium design includes a moat... for kayaking. cause so many people love to kayak circles around football stadiums. It would be filled with piss and trash within a week of opening.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The redskins new stadium design includes a moat... for kayaking. cause so many people love to kayak circles around football stadiums. It would be filled with piss and trash within a week of opening.
That's why you set up a rail near the upper outside of the entire stadium and man the circumference with snipers who use the drunken dipshits who like to trash public places for target practice. Win-win (cause moats are awesome).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The great college teams have maybe 5-10 NFL quality players on them. Even the worst NFL team has 53.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The great college teams have maybe 5-10 NFL quality players on them. Even the worst NFL team has 53.
The 2001 Miami hurricanes had 38 players on the roster who would get drafted, and 46 who would play in the league. I get your point, but no.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The moat is for people that don't buy the required quantity of Redskins merchandise. They get fed to the gators in the moat.

If he wanted to go maximum troll he could have designed the stadium to look like a tepee.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Broncos got their QB:

Uncle Rico

rrr_img_128325.jpg

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like Martavis Bryant facing 1yr suspension. Dumbass. He deserves it if this is the 2nd time.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Martavis Bryant facing 1yr suspension. Dumbass. He deserves it if this is the 2nd time.
So wasn't he facing a 10 game suspension already and I assume fucked up again to make it 1 year?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2001 Canes as gilg alluded to could have beaten bad nfl teams.

They had a lot of older starting HoFers and pro bowlers all over. Vince Wilfork...Andre Johnson...Jeremy Shockey...their fucking 3 deep at rb better than any nfl team ive ever seen....Willis McGahee...Clinton Portis and Frank Gore lulz...Sean Taylor and Ed Reed at safety.... Jonathan Vilma....not just nfl players but superstars. Their OL was stacked with nfl draft picks too.

We see rookies come in and dominate its not a big stretch.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I feel like pretty much everyone here probably said the same thing. He had trainwreck written all over him.
Yeah I don't think anyone here ever hitched their wagon to that train, Cowboys fans have never been more excited to pick a G in the first round as they were when Martin was selected.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
nope. any nfl team would destroy any college team 250-0 by the 2nd half
I've always heard that too and it makes sense. There are 32 pro teams and hundreds of college teams. The pro coaches and funding and support staff is way better etc. etc.... All that said, I would LOVE to watch an annual game of worst NFL team play the NCAA champs each year. If they could actually play for something meaningful, as if respect isn't enough, it would be fucking awesome. You just KNOW at some point the college team SOME year would get really close or somehow win it and holy shit that would be as entertaining or more than the Superbowl. I mean shit, one of the reasons we love football is to see those miracle games where the underdog somehow pulls it off.

I'm real curious how Coby Fleener does for my Saints. I don't like that he got signed and immediately shit talked the Colts or that he's referred to as poor man's Jimmy Graham OR that he's another non-blocking TE. I mean does ANYONE not know what the Saints are going to do when they put their varying personnel sets on the field?

Jimmy Graham and Sproles are ON the field, 80% chance it's a pass to one of them because they're the only ones that could get open, snuff the screen, man up on the other receivers and double Jimmy. Somehow teams did that pretty well after 2 years. Or... Hay guyz, is that RB1 that runs the ball between the tackles ONLY or is that their RB2 that takes screens? Ok we know what to do. Then Brees just says fuck it and throws it to Jimmy cause Colston was too old to outrun Jesus' grandmother.

I pray to god the offense figures out how to use Spiller this year. I'm still hoping they have an answer at Right Guard too. Even more importantly I'm hoping the defense somehow improves. The media loves to rag on Brees when he starts fucking up by trying too hard to overcompensate for our asstastic defense so it'd just be great if he could just play smart football instead of carrying the team every year.