NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I don't understand it fully, but the cowboys have a LB who retired to escape his last team then came back the next year. Maybe the team just has some sort of option. I'm sure the lions never released sanders,
You don't understand it at all, Oakland released him, Ravens signed him, he retired, Dallas traded for him while he was still retired and he came out of retirement. I remember it fondly as the usual suspects ridiculed Dallas for trading a draft pick for a guy who was retired who went on to place 2nd in voting for comeback player of the year won by Gronk.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The lull between free agency and the draft is some of the worst sports time. At least we have SF running their QB out the building to entertain us.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe bad football time but hardly bad sports time unless the only sport you like is football. NBA/NHL end of season/playoffs starting and the start of the MLB season.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I find baseball completely unwatchable and I've never been able to watch basketball, either. I will watch some NHL when their post season starts.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Once the NHL and NBA playoffs are over, it is the worst sports time of the year. When the only option is baseball, it sucks.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I pay no attention to basketball or baseball during the regular season. There are just too many games and they're just not very important. I will watch the world series but usually just as background noise and the NBA championships I DVR and just watch the last quarter of each game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
sounds like Kaperbro deal dead. He wont take a pay cut. I wouldn't either. Get that paper while you can!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey Hoyer is probably attainable, rather have him over Foles! I mean, that's just it, Romo goes down you're fucked with Foles anyways imo. The Case Keenums of the world can be had for a 7th round draft pick!

One mans trash is another mans...trash.
Dallas' line is 10x better than the Rams, Foles or any QB on the Rams for that matter would be way better in Dallas. And that's not taking into account guys like Dez =x

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
sounds like Kaperbro deal dead. He wont take a pay cut. I wouldn't either. Get that paper while you can!
Err, I am legitimately confused here. I thought the Kaepernick deal was extremely team friendly as is - the 49ers can cut him in any year with no real penalty.

So Kaepernick isn't going to sign a multi-year extension with the Broncos just to guarantee _this year's_ 49ers' salary? Does he not think he's playing next year? (It's a valid question, I just didn't think anyone would admit it.)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's just betting on himself. Plus he gets 400k as long as he's around for 90% of the offseason program. He showed up today for that. If he works out in San Fran this season he's due to make much more money than if he went to Denver but if he doesn't work out, he's still made his 12 mill and could prob find a home next year. 5 mill is a lot to walk away from. I really don't blame the dude. He could have a career ending injury tomorrow and be out 5mill.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
49ers fucked up and should have worked harder to move him before his guarantee kicked in, but still could have turned out this way if they weren't willing to cut him. That threat was probably there at some point but everyone (Kaep, Denver) called their bluff.

Unrelated, sources say the NFL is warming to the idea of Oakland in Vegas. Yeah right. Just trying to help them generate leverage when Oakland doesn't care because they know nothing will come of it.

Even as a Chiefs fan I would love to see an NFL team here, but it isn't going to happen.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Err, I am legitimately confused here. I thought the Kaepernick deal was extremely team friendly as is - the 49ers can cut him in any year with no real penalty.

So Kaepernick isn't going to sign a multi-year extension with the Broncos just to guarantee _this year's_ 49ers' salary? Does he not think he's playing next year? (It's a valid question, I just didn't think anyone would admit it.)
Not quite, the 49ers can cut him any off season with no penalty, but come April 1st if they haven't cut him his salary for that year becomes guaranteed.

I can only guess that Kaep is thinking he has a better chance at resurrecting his career in Chip's system by hopefully getting a chance to be "duel threat" again. Or he thinks $5mil WILL be very important to his finaces from this year forward.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Elway cracks me up. Treats young QBs as replaceable trash. Was going to be a holdout because Kush might have treated him like trash. Kaep definitely is worth more than $7 mil even with a couple bad years. So is journeyman Fitzpatrick. If you can start games with some success, you are worth a lot as a QB. Just the name of the game. Elway will regret if Butt Fumble is his primary QB this year. Talk about guaranteeing no repeat, he will accomplish it.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Kaeperbro had his contract guaranteed due to injury or they could have cut him without paying him, when the OTA's start and he shows up and gets hurt that last all the way through to this time next year it becomes guaranteed again. The 49ers worst nightmare is Kaeperbro showing up to OTA's and not loafing, he will be cut after the draft if he isn't moved and the 49ers won't receive shit and will have to pay the difference in salary with his new team, allowing him to walk to Denver for 0 compensation, sign a league min contract while the 49ers pound fucking sand.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Chip Kelly is a fucking moron, he allowed for Kaperbro to shop himself around and allowed him to have a meeting with Elway. If I am Elway I'm not telling him to take a pay cut, I'm explaining to him how the 49ers are going to cut him and he is going to come over to Denver while the 49ers get zero compensation and pay for Denvers QB, Elway is making Kelly his bitch, enjoy 49ers. What's that dumb ass pats saying about Belichek and chess...well Kelly is playing battleship but everyone refuses to play with him so he just sinks his own ship.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure why you think it was Kelly letting him look for trades? He has zero control when it comes to that stuff anymore. Only person to blame is for this mess is Baalke.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Not sure why you think it was Kelly letting him look for trades? He has zero control when it comes to that stuff anymore. Only person to blame is for this mess is Baalke.
I doubt you watched what happened in Philly closely, trust me this has Chips fat fingers all over it. Not saying Baalke isn't a colossal fucking idiot himself, Occam's razor suggest the two are corroborating together.