NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I could not care less about the Kaepernick situation. If he comes to Denver, so be it. But it will only happen if he agrees to take a huge pay cut. Talking like 45-55%. Denver just doesn't have the cap space otherwise.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really don't want the Chargers losing two games a year to a team with Kaeperbro on it. Though the Bronco's having him might even things up a bit.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well, Kraperdick to the Broncs just means one more team needing a QB early. TY Kaeperbro! My team's FO thanks you! I would like to see the top 3 QB prospects gone by 12 please!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm kind of hoping they're gone by 7 as well. The 49ers already have one mediocre first round QB in Gabbert and it seems like whoever they might draft this year is likely to be just another Gabbert.

I'm not sure I understand the Kaepernick story either. They announce it like he's going, but then they say Denver will only do it if he takes a pay cut which he hasn't yet agreed to. They want to pay him like a backup QB which tells you what they think he is. Seems like it would be smarter to just stay in SF and stick another $5-6M in the bank.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stay in that shitshow in SF for an extra couple million...or have the chance to rebuild your career with a contender with a top defense. Guess it depends on the guy, but I'd go to Denver.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully the niners trade us a second, third and fourth to move up one spot for their QB of the future!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just need the Eagles and/or Rams to help drive up the price!
Exactly! I was expecting the Rams, since the Eagles have Bradford at least, and the Niners maybe can't afford to let the Rams jump up and watch Goff go to a division rival. All pipe dreams of course, but crazier shit has happened. I'd be cool trading back with the Rams too, assuming a decent haul for the pick. It would kind of suck not getting to pick at six and all versus 15th, but with the right offer might not be able to say no.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Stay in that shitshow in SF for an extra couple million...or have the chance to rebuild your career with a contender with a top defense. Guess it depends on the guy, but I'd go to Denver.
Stay in the shit show and collect your money, better than going to a team that if you were to succeed they can't pay you and you would have to go through once again trying to get paid and people would use the defense against him when it comes to getting paid. If im him I use this year to sit on the sidelines let the injury heal, live in the film room and refine his mechanics then when they cut him the next year before his salary is guaranteed he can go to a place where he is likely to succeed, not just not fuck it up for a great defense.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Exactly! I was expecting the Rams, since the Eagles have Bradford at least, and the Niners maybe can't afford to let the Rams jump up and watch Goff go to a division rival. All pipe dreams of course, but crazier shit has happened. I'd be cool trading back with the Rams too, assuming a decent haul for the pick. It would kind of suck not getting to pick at six and all versus 15th, but with the right offer might not be able to say no.
Goff will be gone by 4, Wentz will as well. When Cleveland drafts Wentz or Goff, someone will trade with Dallas to get whoever is left. Dallas trades in the first round at a 80% + clip also Dallas has the ability to call anyones bluff, nothing stops them from drafting the QB with the hopes of trading and if that doesn't happen no one will blame them for taking a QB.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stay in the shit show and collect your money, better than going to a team that if you were to succeed they can't pay you and you would have to go through once again trying to get paid and people would use the defense against him when it comes to getting paid. If im him I use this year to sit on the sidelines let the injury heal, live in the film room and refine his mechanics then when they cut him the next year before his salary is guaranteed he can go to a place where he is likely to succeed, not just not fuck it up for a great defense.
I feel like if they really felt like they needed to pay Kaeperbro because he played great, they'd find a way to clear cap space. Not like he'd be hurting even taking "only" 6 or 7 million this year. Long term he only makes more money if he can rebuild his career, I don't see that happening in San Fran.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Dallas will be picking 15, 34, 43 and 45 in the first two rounds. Rams get their franchise QB to show off to LA while not mortgaging their future and Jerry gets his payment from Kroenke for being the reason the Rams are in LA. I'm full Lumie levels of conspiracy theory on this, except I'll come back and admit I was wrong if it doesn't but let me tell you if it does, I'm going to be an insufferable cunt on draft day.

Jerry Jones Is The Reason The Rams Are In Los Angeles

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I feel like if they really felt like they needed to pay Kaeperbro because he played great, they'd find a way to clear cap space. Not like he'd be hurting even taking "only" 6 or 7 million this year. Long term he only makes more money if he can rebuild his career, I don't see that happening in San Fran.
His time in SF is done, rather or not he is there for 2016 or not, I understand this. I'm just saying there are better moves for him than Denver. Denver can't pay him ESPECIALLY if they really felt like he played great, great QB's make 20M+. If he is mediocre and the defense does its job, they will low ball him and use the defense against him. I can name 20 teams that would pay Kapernick 6-7M next year even if he never takes a snap in 2016, but I can't name a single team that would pay him that if he goes to Denver and gets hurt again. Money, money, money not everyone bangs models that make absurd amounts of money.

I see your point I do, but that's a fans view, look at it from his perspective.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Goff will be gone by 4, Wentz will as well. When Cleveland drafts Wentz or Goff, someone will trade with Dallas to get whoever is left. Dallas trades in the first round at a 80% + clip also Dallas has the ability to call anyones bluff, nothing stops them from drafting the QB with the hopes of trading and if that doesn't happen no one will blame them for taking a QB.
The Browns don't need a QB, they have RG3!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The Rams definitely need a QB, I'm just not convinced they agree with that this year. ATM they have 3 QB's on the roster. Keenum needs to be re-signed but they put a first-round tender on him and expect him to start. Foles is still under contract and they just drafted a QB in the 3rd round last year.

Are they going with 4 QB's, are they dropping their 3rd round draft pick so quickly? Trade?

I fully expect them to start the season with Keenum, Foles, and Mannion.