NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just wonder what the dynamic will be between Kaep and Kelly. I mean the bridge seems pretty fucking burned at this point between the two.

Tenks

I just realized this draft could be amazing if the Browns fuck up the #2 pick. "Browns take a stinky #2" "#2 is shit"

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just realized this draft could be amazing if the Browns fuck up the #2 pick. "Browns take a stinky #2" "#2 is shit"
"if" is funny. We're only 2 years removed from 2014 when they had picks #4 and #26. They trade down from #4 to #9 because Buffalo wanted to move up to take Watkins (gaining Buffalo's 2015 1st round pick, and a 2014 4th round pick in the process). Instead of taking OBJ or Aaron Donald at #9, they traded up to #8 (giving up a 5th round pick) and took Justin Gilbert, who pretty much hasn't done shit.

Then, with #26 where they could have gotten Bridgewater or Carr, they trade up to #22 (giving up a 3rd round pick) to take Manziel.

Merrith

New front office baby! They've got moneyball running the show now.
I expect better overall results (I mean really, the bar is about as low as it could be to clear), but their QB situation has them backed into a corner. It's usually not a sure thing even picking ones at the top of the draft, and I could have sworn a couple of months before the season was over there was talk about this not being the strongest QB class to find a franchise guy...but lately some stocks have been rising. Either way, I'd say it's probably at best 50/50 they don't fuck it up royally again if they go QB.

Tenks

Nah they're fucked. What they'll probably do is get leap frogged by someone who will take Wentz. They don't want Wentz so they will either try to trade down (typical Browns move) or take Tunsil. So again they'll think that you can have a strong line and the rest of the team doesn't matter. They'll suck balls again this season but Hue won't be fired. They'll pick top3 next season and they simply have to take a QB. They'll take whoever is at the top of the boards. Oh shit we still don't have any WR! The O-line is still overrated and letting shit flow in left and right. RG3's knee has since seperated from his body from last season so Rookie McShitfuck will get ramrodded by defenses all season. He will finish with 14 TD to 24 INT. Browns will give him and Hue one more year. The Browns will be a top3 pick this year again. There will be a can't-miss WR prospect. They will trade down to accumulate more offensive line "talent" since "hurr durr games are won in the trenches! Right Phil Simms??" Rookie McShitfuck will continue to prance around with blitzs in his face while simultaneously having no running game and no WR to throw to ball to. He will finish the season with 14 TD and 25 INT. The Browns will declare this entire situation is a mess and will fire Hue and cut Rookie McShitfuck. Then the cycle will begin anew.

Merrith

I actually think it would be smart to shore up their line. What's the point of taking "the guy" at QB if you can't protect him? Plus I'd get on Gordon's ass to stop smoking the shit for a bit (probably won't work though).

Tenks

I actually think it would be smart to shore up their line. What's the point of taking "the guy" at QB if you can't protect him? Plus I'd get on Gordon's ass to stop smoking the shit for a bit (probably won't work though).
During Gordon's brief lapses of not smoking pot (very, VERY brief) he wasn't even that great when he was allowed on the field. You don't just not play football for 2 years at the highest level and come back and light it up. Not going to happen. Well he is going to light it up but in a different sense.

And for the Browns they arealwaysshoring up non-skill positions. Is one of the main reasons they have absolutely no skill position players on the entire team. At some point in time you have to stop being pussyshits and get a playmaker.

Merrith

And for the Browns they arealwaysshoring up non-skill positions. Is one of the main reasons they have absolutely no skill position players on the entire team. At some point in time you have to stop being pussyshits and get a playmaker.
Don't disagree at all with this, but this isn't exactly a deep WR draft. Wouldn't be keen on taking a RB at #2 either.

Tenks

Which is why I'm saying they'd take Tunsil if Wentz is off the board. Realistically I don't think any WR should be drafted before like 15 this draft. But Treadwell will probably go top 10 only because this is such a passers league.

Tenks

People tend to forget the Bengals somehow raped Hue & Co in Oakland in the Palmer trade. And our office has no fucking clue how to wheel and deal so that just speaks volumes about that situation.

Merrith

Which is why I'm saying they'd take Tunsil if Wentz is off the board. Realistically I don't think any WR should be drafted before like 15 this draft. But Treadwell will probably go top 10 only because this is such a passers league.
I could see both scenarios like you describe happen exactly that way.

Tenks

NFL draft countdown has us taking Jaylon Smith now @ 24. I think if his physical comes back pretty good I'd love that pick even if we're desperate for WR. Dude is a freak and a steal at 24.

Merrith

The funniest thing about the Palmer trades is how much the Raiders gave up and how little they got, versus how little Arizona gave up and how much they got out of him.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NFL draft countdown has us taking Jaylon Smith now @ 24. I think if his physical comes back pretty good I'd love that pick even if we're desperate for WR. Dude is a freak and a steal at 24.
If he is isnt hurt...horrifically i might add...in the bowl game i think he goes 1st overall