NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Browns would have to make a draft-day trade. Maybe some teams out there have Goff >>> Wentz. They'd have to field offers from those teams assuming the Rams go Wentz #1. But if the Rams go Goff those teams would be boned. #2 has far less value than #1.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It would seem like a no brainer, the wild card here is Ramsey for them. Although a different position, Weddle is gone and they might want that backfield playmaker.
That's the wildcard. I'm hoping for them to pick Tunsil in this scenario because I would love for the Cowboys to pick Ramsey and pair him up with Jones and solidify the safety position for the next four years.

If both QBs and Ramsey are off the board I bet Dallas moves back. General consensus is that they don't view Bosa as being worthy of a #4 pick and I don't see them picking Elliot at that spot either.

Shit, two more weeks before the draft.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like Bosa will either be a sleeper who people are going to whiff on taking or a bust that someone reached for. Maybe some in between. Which means he's probably coming to us and will be a disappointment.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am leery of Bosa the same way I have been about anything out of Alabama and now Ohio State. Teams that overloaded with recruits tend to have force multipliers due to that depth.

Seeing Khalil Mack playing for Buffalo and dominating Ohio State with no other talent around him is an easy evaluation. Bama's secondary guys have been massively overhyped and drafted in recent years due to sitting back and reaping the benefits of a dominant front 7. I think the same thing is happening now at OSU. Bosa reminds me more of Andy Katzenmoyer than JJ Watt.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Seems like Bosa will either be a sleeper who people are going to whiff on taking or a bust that someone reached for. Maybe some in between.
So he'll either be underrated, a bust, or somewhere in between (an accurate pick). Phew, that's a bold claim you've made, sir!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saidmaybe someinbetween. I don't mean underrated I mean he's possible top of the draft talent. Point being that of all the projected top five guys he seems like the biggest risk. As a top ten, sure snatch him up, at worst you have a servicable rotation guy for the front seven. But as your coveted high pick there seems to be a lot of hesitation, unless that's smokescreens.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Great trade for the Titans. I hope this means that the top two quarterbacks go one and two now and that makes the 49ers less likely to take a QB at 7 and more likely to have a shot at a stud defensive player. Throwing a rookie quarterback out there on a team with as many holes as the 49ers have right now will just be Alex Smith all over again.

Tenks

I am leery of Bosa the same way I have been about anything out of Alabama and now Ohio State. Teams that overloaded with recruits tend to have force multipliers due to that depth.

Seeing Khalil Mack playing for Buffalo and dominating Ohio State with no other talent around him is an easy evaluation. Bama's secondary guys have been massively overhyped and drafted in recent years due to sitting back and reaping the benefits of a dominant front 7. I think the same thing is happening now at OSU. Bosa reminds me more of Andy Katzenmoyer than JJ Watt.
I'm an OSU hater but Bosa is pretty legit. He was often a double team focus and still got through. Anytime he was facing just a tackle he'd manhandle the guy.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We'll see. Vernon Gholston was someone OSU fans were touting as the next LT, and we know how his career played out. Katzenmoyer, AJ Hawk, the list of busts out of THE Ohio State University goes on and on.

Also, reports from "insiders" is that Goff is the Rams guy. Which makes sense. They likely tried to deal with the Browns first as the Titans are not taking a QB, found out Goff was their guy, and knew they had to move all the way up and leapfrog them.

Tenks

I had a strong feeling Gholston would bust out. He was undersized for DE and too slow to play LB. He could have been a Freeny and try to get by on one move but he wasn't even good enough at that. I don't know if I'd consider Hawk a "bust." He never lived up to his draft position but he's had a long and decent career in the NFL.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still feel like the Titans should have gotten a little more. Given what we gave up in 2012 to move up from #6 to #2 (essentially swapping picks in the 1st, but giving up a 2nd and two more 1sts), I figured going up from #15 to #1 would cost more than what the Rams are giving up (swapping picks in the 1st, two 2nd's and a 3rd, a 1st and a 3rd). Don't get me wrong, it's still a fucking haul and even more than we gave up, but given how big of a jump they were moving up I figured they'd have to give up some 2018 picks as well. Titans hit the jackpot.

Tenks

Also, reports from "insiders" is that Goff is the Rams guy. Which makes sense. They likely tried to deal with the Browns first as the Titans are not taking a QB, found out Goff was their guy, and knew they had to move all the way up and leapfrog them.
Insider vs Insider.

Rams Carson Wentz at No. 1 in NFL draft | ProFootballTalk

Also for how incompetent the Browns are they wouldn't reveal their hand on who they prefer

Matt Miller on Twitter:
Benjamin Allbright on Twitter:

This is fun

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
There goes my conspiracy theory
frown.png
of the Rams trading with the Cowboys as payment to help facilitate the move to LA
frown.png

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Fucking hell. This is exactly why you don't fucking keep Jeff Fisher just because you're moving the god damn franchise. In ANY other situation this guy would have been shit canned already and now he's just destroyed this teams next 2 drafts and for what?

WHO THE FUCK IS EITHER ROOKIE GOING TO THROW TO? We have no TE, we have no #1 receiver. They dropped Chris Long, Laurinatis, Janoris Jenkins, (and obviously) Jared Cook.

Now, maybe those guys were mostly overrated for how much they're being paid but how to we replace any depth for their spots with no draft picks?

This also means our #3 draft pick last year was a fucking waste.

Why the fuck would you let Fisher do this? What has he shown he knows about Quarterbacks or Offense? FUCK FUCK FUCK.

It would be glorious if Stan came out and fired Fisher before the draft, but that's just my wet dream at this point.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Insider wars indeed. Schefter says its Goff.

Rams got completely raped. Two 2nds a first next year and two thirds. Fucking tards.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not that the odds are in their favor but if this QB turns out to be legit and makes it to top 5 at the position, nobody will care what they gave up today.