NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Am I the only one who likes the money ball guy in Cleveland, at least I know that guy has a plan, a plan he has put a lot of time and thought behind which is way more than I could ever say about Cleveland since they were given a football team again.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Am I the only one who likes the money ball guy in Cleveland, at least I know that guy has a plan, a plan he has put a lot of time and thought behind which is way more than I could ever say about Cleveland since they were given a football team again.
WTF are you talking about? Moneyball literally said in a meeting in the draft war room "I don't really know what I'm doing right now so I'm just going to sit here and learn." He has no clue how to apply his analytics to football players.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Plenty of teams already do things of that nature. Hell, Seattle developed an entire system in conjunction with Nike to evaluate football players. You can find a version of it atThree Sigma Athlete.

He's playing catch-up, yeah, but even his half-ass knowledge is probably better than ANYTHING the Browns have done in the last 15 years.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I bet they take Wentz. You don't mortgage that much without going after a potential franchise QB. Him and Goff are the most NFL ready but Wentz played in a Pro-style system. With Gurley they don't need him to do too much, just not be terrible.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I bet they take Wentz. You don't mortgage that much without going after a potential franchise QB. Him and Goff are the most NFL ready but Wentz played in a Pro-style system. With Gurley they don't need him to do too much, just not be terrible.
Pro-style vs high school talent

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So the Rams, who got a boatload of picks that arguably made their team better in the RGKnee trade. Trade up for a boatload of picks for prospects who are regarded worse than RGKnee. Isn't this draft, outside of QB, pretty good?
I thought the idea of having a professional football team to get better, not be right in the middle of the pack every year.

8-8 here we go!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So now we need the Browns to take the other QB and that's two QB's in the top five, leaving who knows how much value for us at six. Thanks Saint Lou....anegles!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit, what crazy dipshit move might SF make to get the other QB now. I mean they have such an even keeled head coach at the helm, probably nothing rash and impulsive going to happen right?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Goff is going to be a star, hes incredibly accurate only issue is size he needs to bulk up.

That said? Rams gave up WAY too much. Fisher, the gift that keeps on giving to the Titans

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well if so good for them. Actually I guess we should hope so and that he was Cleveland's guy, so he doesn't end up in the division. And now maybe the Browns trade down with someone desperate like SF or PHI.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Need SD fans to speak up about whether or not they'll go after Tunsil. There's no way Goff/Wentz make it past 1/2, which means Tunsil is on the board. Do they pass up a chance at a potential 10+ year starter at that position?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well if so good for them. Actually I guess we should hope so and that he was Cleveland's guy, so he doesn't end up in the division. And now maybe the Browns trade down with someone desperate like SF or PHI.
I think this is how it plays out. Browns have 4-5 years at a minimum to be competitive looking at all they lost this offseason. They need quantity far more than they need a QB who will get killed and has 0 skill position players on the roster.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Need SD fans to speak up about whether or not they'll go after Tunsil. There's no way Goff/Wentz make it past 1/2, which means Tunsil is on the board. Do they pass up a chance at a potential 10+ year starter at that position?
It would seem like a no brainer, the wild card here is Ramsey for them. Although a different position, Weddle is gone and they might want that backfield playmaker.

I think this is how it plays out. Browns have 4-5 years at a minimum to be competitive looking at all they lost this offseason. They need quantity far more than they need a QB who will get killed and has 0 skill position players on the roster.
That would apparently be the right move, but who knows if the Browns do something smart or dumb.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Browns have a shit ton of leverage now that the Titans already made this deal. Which means they can pit teams in bidding wars etc if they want a QB.

That said the Browns will likely trade down, miss out on a HoF QB, and make awful picks like they do every year.