NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Redskins pick only one I didn't like, which means I think he will be good. Can't believe the Giants went with Apple with Hargreaves on the board.
This was my thought. Not that Apple isn't good or anything, but just seemed strange to pass on Hargreaves. Got snatched up really quickly after, too.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hargreaves got beaten a lot by fast guys, and as the ESPN scout guy pointed out they only get faster. Which is why Im glad we got Burns, kid can fly.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Apparently the Ravens tried to give the Cowboys their 4th to swap 1st but had to tell Dallas who they wanted before they would agree, it was Elliot.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Cowboys should have traded. Drafting an RB in the first is silly.
To go to six and lose Elliot and Ramsey? Glad you don't run Dallas' war room.

Elliot wasn't getting past the Ravens or the Giants. An additional 4th does nothing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
bradford has $$$, getting guaranteed more $$$ just to fuck wentz.

Convo, approves this message.
How is going to fuck Wentz? I'm ok with Sam. I think we will have a good year with him and he knows the Eagles have a team option on him next year. Dude needs to play well and open up some landing spots. Wentz needs a year to sit ideally. The game is much faster at this level. I'm happy we may have our future QB. It sucks the draft will prob be in philly next year and we won't have a first tho

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm hoping the Cowboys pick up Robinson or Spence with their 2nd and Braxton with their 3rd.

moontayle

Golden Squire
To go to six and lose Elliot and Ramsey? Glad you don't run Dallas' war room.

Elliot wasn't getting past the Ravens or the Giants. An additional 4th does nothing.
Agreed. I was also aboard the Ramsey train but people are making a mistake in thinking he would have filled an area of need. Cowboys biggest need is on D-line. They need pass rushers. Sure, Ramsey immediately bolsters that secondary but if the QB sits in the pocket all day without getting touched, no secondary in the world is going to keep the opposing team from moving the ball. Meanwhile, Elliot makes a strong offense even stronger. That O-line made McFadden look good and that's with them not playing to their strength in zone-blocking. Elliot is a true zone-blocking running back and on top of that he's apparently good at blitz pickup which was weak last year.

The Lynch thing... I don't know. *That* one was probably Jerry flexing his muscles, so I'm glad Seattle decided it was better to keep a 5th year option by swapping with Denver.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well word was that Steelers were 100% on Joseph but the Raiders were dead set on him and didnt fuck around. Next guy was Burns, who is the best bump and run corner in this draft and unlike Hargreaves or Jackson, isn't slow and was an NCAA track champ. Add to that he had more ints than any of the other corners, then the Steelers get the best of both worlds. He will take a year or two to fully blossom since two sports at the U hindered his development, but he has everything like fluid hips and isnt afraid of contact.

Bout fucking time.

Now if we get Billings or Vonn Bell in rd 2 this draft is gold. Tons of great prospects left for tomorrow.
And since the refs are so biased for the fucking gay ass fucking long dick sucking Steelers he'll be allowed to mug WRs from here to kingdom come his entire career.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Love the Apple pick at 10 after Floyd and Conklin were picked. The question I'm really interested in is how far does Jack fall.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Texans trade up to take the only WR of the first round bunch I really didn't like. I think Fuller = Troy Williamson 2.0. Sadface.

At least they didn't give up much. Though watching Doctson and Treadwell go directly after was a kick to the balls.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just shocked that there are still people out there (professional football people, no less) that think drafting an RB before the 3rd round is smart.
It is a good pick in the sense the Cowboys are in full win now mode with Romo. Zeke will make a larger immediate impact than pretty much any other player in the draft barring injuries. It will be a bad pick in 5 years when Zeke is wearing down and Ramsey is one of the best CBs in the league, but if they somehow make a SB before then and Zeke is a large part of that, hard to claim it was misguided.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Didn't realize Zeke was gay. I heard there was another openly gay dude in the draft this year but didn't remember his name. Hopefully he's not a bust like sams.

ChKVrv6XEAICkfI.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I like the 49ers picks in the first round. D-line and O-line and depth in those positions are the most important thing to winning with the possible exception of an elite QB. The Seahawks took an OL right after the 49ers took Garnett so possibly the trade-up was because they thought Seattle was going to take him. Either way SF has another 4th rounder and 3 more 6th rounders so it's not like they gave up that much to move up.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And since the refs are so biased for the fucking gay ass fucking long dick sucking Steelers he'll be allowed to mug WRs from here to kingdom come his entire career.
rrr_img_132177.gif

Bro, relax. Also, I will say Jackson III right now is a more polished and slightly better corner than Burns due to experience and should be a good one. Only issue with him is his long speed.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just shocked that there are still people out there (professional football people, no less) that think drafting an RB before the 3rd round is smart.
Eh, Gurley seems to be doing fine. Bell and Lacy were both 2nd round picks.

Also, heard this and it regards team who run to the podium instead of taking their time. Dallas was willing to give up more than Denver to get Lynch per a Dallas reporter but Seattle jumped the gun. I hate that Pittsburgh does this every year. Take your full fucking allotted time to allow desperate teams to work out trades and make calls. Whats an extra 8 minutes? Its stupid and we do it every year.

Also, Lynch has an insanely strong arm...in the air in Denver should be fun to see him dropping bombs like Elway.