NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What the fuck why a TE Telesco?? Is this Hunter kid going to be the next Gates?
Apparently this dude is going to be a good TE no matter what. Been seeing the Chargers linked to him for months.

The Jaylon Smith pick is a massive surprise, but the guy was the best player in the draft before the injury & Dallas' team surgeon did the surgery. So they probably feel pretty good. Spence/Ogbah & even Dodd (obviously Ogbah & Dodd werent available) were all kinda fringe talents. It's a weak pass rush draft, and Ogbah & Spence didn't even grade out at what Demarcus Lawrence did a few years ago. So I'm glad they took a risk on this guy if they think the others aren't going to be good. It's a huge fucking risk though, but reports are that his issues will be probably come back as to where Jack's are degenerate long term.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Apparently this dude is going to be a good TE no matter what. Been seeing the Chargers linked to him for months.

The Jaylon Smith pick is a massive surprise, but the guy was the best player in the draft before the injury & Dallas' team surgeon did the surgery. So they probably feel pretty good. Spence/Ogbah & even Dodd (obviously Ogbah & Dodd werent available) were all kinda fringe talents. It's a weak pass rush draft, and Ogbah & Spence didn't even grade out at what Demarcus Lawrence did a few years ago. So I'm glad they took a risk on this guy if they think the others aren't going to be good. It's a huge fucking risk though, but reports are that his issues will be probably come back as to where Jack's are degenerate long term.
I hope you're right. If he can replace Gates I'll be okay with it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder if the Cowboys are going to snatch Cook right before the 49ers. That would be funny!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
RB in top 5, redshirt in Rd 2 (who might not ever play again). #JustJerrahThings

Fuck me though on Cravens, seemed like every guy I liked came off the board before we picked. Robinson, Reed, Martin. Supposedly Skins see him as a Dime LB. Not sure if I like burning a 2nd on a 3rd down player, but he might be able to play safety in some sets too.

Merrith

That story about Ravens wanting to trade up to #4 though for Zeke makes more sense why Cowboys took him there, though.

Merrith

Fuller's a nice pick, good lord our situation at corner has changed so much in the last couple weeks.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Maliek Collins was a good pick for Dallas, Ezekiel Elliot made sense as a win now decision until drafting Smith who might not ever play. I don't like the gamble, that doctor better be right.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
2016 NFL Draft: Quick-snap grades for NFC teams - NFL.com

Chad Reuter is a dumbass. "New Orleans Saints
Draft picks: Sheldon Rankins (No. 12 overall), Michael Thomas (No. 47 overall), Vonn Bell (No. 61 overall)
Day 1 grade: B
Day 2 grade: A
Overall grade: A-
The skinny:Everyone knew the Saints needed a dynamic interior force that they haven't had sinceSedrick Ellis.Rankins should fill that role well. He'll have to prove he can handle his run-stopping duties, however, to be worth this pick. "

Here's a whole article of why Sedrick Ellis was terrible including stats by season...How Sedrick Ellis Went from 1st Round Pick to Retired in 5 Years | Bleacher Report

Best part of this article is the "tornado of terrible" they described as all the defensive picks going right around when the Saints took Ellis. Tons of busts so at least we fell victim to overhyped defensive players from that draft class.

Seriously though, why do these beat writers suck so bad? I'd really like to know what they make and how many hours they put in. If they make better than me and put in fewer hours WHILE watching football all the time that seems like the way to go and I think most people on this board, except for maybe Convo and Mippo could write shit that made more sense.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
2016 NFL Draft: Quick-snap grades for NFC teams - NFL.com

Chad Reuter is a dumbass. "New Orleans Saints
Draft picks: Sheldon Rankins (No. 12 overall), Michael Thomas (No. 47 overall), Vonn Bell (No. 61 overall)
Day 1 grade: B
Day 2 grade: A
Overall grade: A-
The skinny:Everyone knew the Saints needed a dynamic interior force that they haven't had sinceSedrick Ellis.Rankins should fill that role well. He'll have to prove he can handle his run-stopping duties, however, to be worth this pick. "

Here's a whole article of why Sedrick Ellis was terrible including stats by season...How Sedrick Ellis Went from 1st Round Pick to Retired in 5 Years | Bleacher Report

Best part of this article is the "tornado of terrible" they described as all the defensive picks going right around when the Saints took Ellis. Tons of busts so at least we fell victim to overhyped defensive players from that draft class.

Seriously though, why do these beat writers suck so bad? I'd really like to know what they make and how many hours they put in. If they make better than me and put in fewer hours WHILE watching football all the time that seems like the way to go and I think most people on this board, except for maybe Convo and Mippo could write shit that made more sense.
Only people that aren't praising the 1st-round pick are Walter Football and that article. No idea why a lot of Saints fan are upset with the Rankins pick. You guys had a glaring issue, and an incredible kid filled that gap. He's been slated for the pick for months now, so not any surprise. Pretty sure the draft scouts have done more than enough due-diligence on how Rankins should pan out, especially after Ellis.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Only people that aren't praising the 1st-round pick are Walter Football and that article. No idea why a lot of Saints fan are upset with the Rankins pick. You guys had a glaring issue, and an incredible kid filled that gap. He's been slated for the pick for months now, so not any surprise. Pretty sure the draft scouts have done more than enough due-diligence on how Rankins should pan out, especially after Ellis.
Nah I think you misunderstood me. I'm happy with the pick. What I was pointing out is how shitty the writers are for NFL.com. If he had done ANY research at all or had any actual understanding of the history of saints picks he'd know Sedrick Ellis was the savior of Sedrick Ellis and that's about it... He sucked balls so how this guy compares the 2 is fucking moronic.

He's not the only shitty writer though. I mean I get half of them are fucking trolls writing shit just to cause controversy so people will read and then you've got guys like Skip Bayless who I'd like to shit down his throat so he'd shut the fuck up...

Sportscasters are fucking dogshit. There's some good ones here and there but it's pretty slim.

I was glad we didn't take a 2nd DT in rd 2 and I like the Vonn Bell pick. All of my friends wanted to see us take a really, really good Guard though. We have a gaping hole at RG and all everyone used to rave about was Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks keeping the middle clear so Brees could step up into his throws. Since Carl Nicks took MRSA to Tampa our offensive guards have been lacking. Jahri couldn't stay healthy, Ben Grubbs wasn't the answer and it's only gotten worse. Hopefully Michael Thomas is the 2nd coming of Colston.