NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dallas fans all raged on Jerry when he picked Zack Martin instead of defense a couple of years ago, so I'll hold off on calling him out just yet.

Their defense really wasn't that bad last year, they were actually pretty good until towards the end of the 4th when they were gassed since the offense was constantly 3 and out. They're getting their best DB back and Byron Jones should improve with a year under his belt. Claiborne's also still a bust for what they gave up to get him, but was actually pretty solid last year before he got hurt (again).

Still would go Ramsey if you think he'll be a generational player since you can't really have too many of those and it would allow you to rush more against the QB while still having solid coverage which would help their biggest weakness. A top pass rusher will still take a year or two until he's playing at a very high level.

Although, a big positive about Elliott is he's supposed to be good at picking up the blitz, which would be nice since teams liked to bring the house to get through their beastly line. Still not thrilled about the pick, but not as "WTF??" as I was last night.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Although, a big positive about Elliott is he's supposed to be good at picking up the blitz, which would be nice since teams liked to bring the house to get through their beastly line. Still not thrilled about the pick, but not as "WTF??" as I was last night.
He's good at everything when he doesn't have the ball. He's a really solid blocker. Not sure if it will translate 100% to the NFL but he almost seemed like another lineman on the field for OSU at times.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Dallas got an amazing pick and I have no idea why the Giants drafted Eli Apple. But they did win both Super Bowls after drafting corners in the first round so maybe there's some voodoo magic at play.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Everyone knew Browns were trading down. They have talent absolutely no where on the roster. This isn't a philosophical idea here this is common sense being employed by the Browns. Which, admittedly, they generally don't employ.
I pretty much agree the Browns don't have much talent but it makes no fucking sense why they don't. They fleeced Atlanta a few years ago for Julio Jones and got double first round picks off another team 2 years later. It's just amazing that they can score so many first round picks and suck soooo bad. I mean they are worse than the Lions picking a string of horrible first round wide receivers for all those years under Matt Millen. Matt Millen isn't even a very smart man. I have no idea how he became a GM, no idea at all... The only thing I'm more surprised about is Cleveland didn't hire him next.

The failboat in Cleveland is monstrous.

So what do yall think of Sheldon Rankins for my Saints? I had heard he was likely who we were targeting. It's definitely a position of need and after reading up on him the only thing I don't like is he only had 28 reps of 225. That's pretty fucking weak for a DT IMO. I've benched 365 back in 2010 and I was able to push 225 for a set of 22. DTs OGs and Tackles should all be pushing 35+ imo. I'm sure he'll bulk up in the NFL but I did like how quick he is.

Also, I don't blame teams for not touching Myles Jack. After seeing Clowney go #1 overall and have dogshit knees with microfracture surgery I wouldn't want anything to do with a player like that until he fell to say the 3rd round? A personal trainer I know had microfracture surgery on his knees. He explained how the doctors drill up into your bones so that blood and goop drains down and hardens to smooth out the knee joint where the cartilege is wearing away or torn. Guy also said it's a temporary fix if you're still pushing the hell out of your knees. He said he's been fine but he never does squats or any heavy weight with his knees, all lighter weight/body weight type exercises for him now but NFL players don't have that luxury. You can maybe get a few more years out of microfracture surgery but the goop that drains out of your bones and hardens to smooth out the surface inside the knee joint cracks under heavy pressure from lifting or launching yourself into RBs/offensive tackles...

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I pretty much agree the Browns don't have much talent but it makes no fucking sense why they don't. They fleeced Atlanta a few years ago for Julio Jones and got double first round picks off another team 2 years later. It's just amazing that they can score so many first round picks and suck soooo bad. I mean they are worse than the Lions picking a string of horrible first round wide receivers for all those years under Matt Millen. Matt Millen isn't even a very smart man. I have no idea how he became a GM, no idea at all... The only thing I'm more surprised about is Cleveland didn't hire him next.

The failboat in Cleveland is monstrous.

So what do yall think of Sheldon Rankins for my Saints? I had heard he was likely who we were targeting. It's definitely a position of need and after reading up on him the only thing I don't like is he only had 28 reps of 225. That's pretty fucking weak for a DT IMO. I've benched 365 back in 2010 and I was able to push 225 for a set of 22. DTs OGs and Tackles should all be pushing 35+ imo. I'm sure he'll bulk up in the NFL but I did like how quick he is.
In a draft littered with good DT's the Saints got one of the best.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Tunsil wasn't introduced in Miami because he had an allergic reaction...to reporters questions!
They ended up manning up and doing the conference. I give the dude props for just straight up owning his mistakes, it shows some character, even if the other shit contradicts that.

Dallas apparently floated the idea of offering the 34th & 67th, wasn't a sure thing or I think it's pretty obvious Seattle would've taken that over a 31st & 90-something pick. Dallas was also looking to move up to 32 to take a pass rusher, media speculated Spence until local media started reminding people of a private workout Leon Lett had with Ogbah recently. Lot's of solid DL depth in this draft. Imagine they'll go Ogbah/Dodd/Spence & a Xavien Howard/Zack Sanchez round 3. Hope they don't pull the trigger on Dak/Brissett until the 4th.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't really care that he smoked weed in high school and definitely don't care that he asked for help paying his mom's power bill.

Hope he sues the shit out of them

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck why a TE Telesco?? Is this Hunter kid going to be the next Gates?