NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Nah I think you misunderstood me. I'm happy with the pick. What I was pointing out is how shitty the writers are for NFL.com. If he had done ANY research at all or had any actual understanding of the history of saints picks he'd know Sedrick Ellis was the savior of Sedrick Ellis and that's about it... He sucked balls so how this guy compares the 2 is fucking moronic.

He's not the only shitty writer though. I mean I get half of them are fucking trolls writing shit just to cause controversy so people will read and then you've got guys like Skip Bayless who I'd like to shit down his throat so he'd shut the fuck up...

Sportscasters are fucking dogshit. There's some good ones here and there but it's pretty slim.

I was glad we didn't take a 2nd DT in rd 2 and I like the Vonn Bell pick. All of my friends wanted to see us take a really, really good Guard though. We have a gaping hole at RG and all everyone used to rave about was Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks keeping the middle clear so Brees could step up into his throws. Since Carl Nicks took MRSA to Tampa our offensive guards have been lacking. Jahri couldn't stay healthy, Ben Grubbs wasn't the answer and it's only gotten worse. Hopefully Michael Thomas is the 2nd coming of Colston.
I was agreeing with you. Sportscasters and writers don't know jack-shit, but half the "fans" don't either (Saints fans wanted Jack or Lawson at 12 FFS).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am very happy with how the draft worked out for the Chargers. Plus I feel that by drafting an RB #4 overall the Cowboys admit not just any warm body can run behind their line.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am sort of baffled by the 49ers picks. The 1st pick is fine I suppose, and the 2nd was a reach. After that? I am confused as shit.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I am very happy with how the draft worked out for the Chargers. Plus I feel that by drafting an RB #4 overall the Cowboys admit not just any warm body can run behind their line.
They were 9th in rushing with no QB to scare the defense, sorry but them taking a star RB is not saying any warm body can't run behind the line because they already showed you old injury prone McFadden finished 4th in rushing in only 10 starts. Stick to feeling good about your teams draft, because holy fuck the cowboys comment was convo levels of delusional.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the record, can you post my delusional comments? Just so we can come back at a later date and I can laugh at your punk ass. It's funny that I call your team mediocre, you call me delusional and then your team goes out and makes mediocre decisions. Who's delusional? Chump...

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
For the record, can you post my delusional comments? Just so we can come back at a later date and I can laugh at your punk ass. It's funny that I call your team mediocre, you call me delusional and then your team goes out and makes mediocre decisions. Who's delusional? Chump...
You said the 2015 Cowboys were 8-8 with or without Romo, at what point in time in the future do you think that will come to fruition?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yes and no. They can do wonders for a good back, which McFadden falls into and why he was able to succeed, though they did have to adjust the scheme a bit to help. However, as we all saw with Murray, get the right back behind that line and you're talking next level production. Barring any sort of injury, I would fully expect Elliot to compete for the rushing title and he has to be the front runner for OROTY.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were an 8-8 team with or without romo and they'll be 8-8 this year
This is what I said. what I meant since you seen so fixated on it is they would have been 8-8 at best if Romo played the whole season.

That's all you have for delusional? So basically you have nothing!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This is what I said. what I meant since you seen so fixated on it is they would have been 8-8 at best if Romo played the whole season.

That's all you have for delusional? So basically you have nothing!
They were 1-11 without him and 3-1 with him, so yes 8-8 with or without him is a delusional fucking statement. If you think the Cowboys were 8-8 at best if Romo started all 16 games healthy you are even more delusional than I or anyone else here thought. You think the Eagles are 9-7 or 8-8 which is as delusional as the claims that Ryan Mathews was a stud last year. You think the Eagles are going to be a run first based offense behind Ryan Mathews with Bradford as your QB and at lol at that WR corps.

Oh and I am sure they plan to do what you said about being run first based, just expect a lot of 3 outs because LOL RYAN MATHEWS IS A STUD.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah 3-1 with Romo. Beat Giants, Eagles and Dolphins. Got smoked by Carolina.

What do the 3 teams have in common? They all missed the playoffs and thier head coaches were fired. You guys were going to be 8-8 if he stayed healthy. You just weren't a consistently good team. It's funny when a cowboys fan calls people delusional. It's like a giant deflection.

Ryan Matthews was a stud last year. He was our best RB when playing. 5.1 yards per carry, 6 tds on 106 touches

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Goddamit Convo you really are insufferable twat. You are actually making me side with Cowgirls fans. Please stop posting.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Goddamit Convo you really are insufferable twat. You are actually making me side with Cowgirls fans. Please stop posting.
You've been stalking me since you made this troll account! You stop stalking me! I'm smacking down this cowboys nerd. Now beat it, creep.

moontayle

Golden Squire
If you think Romo is worth about 7 extra points a game on average, which seems about where his value lands, then adding 7 more points to all the losses except the Carolina one, they pull out 5 more wins. Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Bucs, and Jets. All lost by less than a TD. 7 more points puts the second NYG game into overtime too.

Face it Convo, Romo is what drives that team. When Romo went down, they lost a good portion of their offensive scoring potential. *shrug* It is what it is. They'll be back with a vengeance this year.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Romo is most likely done as a quality QB and cowboys will find themselves in a similar situation as the Eagles and Rams next draft or trading for Sam Bradford next off season. :)

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, I am so pumped for our draft. How the fuck does the BednarikandNgurski award winner fall to us in the 7th round. Tyler Matakevich looks like he will be a star in this league -- 77 solo tackles 4.5 sacks 5 ints...only knock on him was his slow 40 time but there are standout wideouts in this league who ran slow 40 times. Its weird that we seem to draft better in rounds 4-7 as we do in 1-3. Usually Im sour on a pick or two but I really really like every pick. Travis Freeney from UW we nabbed in the 6th rd was the 2nd fastest lb at 6'4'' and ran a 4.5 at the combine with a fucking sports hernia. Needs to add a little size, but will be another kid in a year or two who could become a starter and will be great in sub packages and on ST.

The fact that the nerds over at PFF dont like our draft says it will be hugely productive, as every player in past years they said was good has ended up badly (Jarvis Jones and Dri Archer) and vice versa (Bud Dupree).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think Romo is most likely done as a quality QB and cowboys will find themselves in a similar situation as the Eagles and Rams next draft or trading for Sam Bradford next off season. :)
they got a RB now, world better look out.