NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus.

ODB Jr's cousin I guess had a stellar HS football career then went into personal training but wants to play football again. He just did a private combine workout and had 2 more bench reps as a 230lb rb than anyone at the combine (36). Ran a 4.47 and had a 44 inch vertical jump which also would have been best at the combine. Unfortunately Al Davis' corpse can't draft him, but I imagine some team takes a late round flyer with that pedigree and those numbers.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Jesus.

ODB Jr's cousin I guess had a stellar HS football career then went into personal training but wants to play football again. He just did a private combine workout and had 2 more bench reps as a 230lb rb than anyone at the combine (36). Ran a 4.47 and had a 44 inch vertical jump which also would have been best at the combine. Unfortunately Al Davis' corpse can't draft him, but I imagine some team takes a late round flyer with that pedigree and those numbers.
UDFA imo.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah he had a really solid career. Maybe didn't live up to his pre-draft hype but he was durable and serviceable his entire career. On Mike&Mike they were saying the Jets were trying to make him take a pay cut so I guess he decided to just say fuck it and retire.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Harbaugh getting fired when he did was the best thing for him since avoids the shit show that was happening regardless.

So many people forget the Niners went 8-8 Harbaugh's last season and then lost almost all their good players. They just see Harbaugh left and now the Niners are a mess
Honestly I thought that 8-8 had more to do with Kaep being Kaep and the read option being put to bed in the NFL. The main reason he was successful was bc he was such a huge threat to run that previous season when Alex Smith went down and no DCs had tape on him yet. IIRC one of his knocks coming out of college was his accuracy was shit. That's ok when you're such a huge running threat that teams don't know wtf you're going to do but when you try to make that asshat a pocket passer yeah you're fucked. They should have kept Smith and just ran the wheels off Kaepernick whether he got hurt or not imo. If he makes it great, your system works and you probably win a lot of games. If he gets hurt you sub Smith in to go back to game managing.

One problem the 49ers have and have had for a while is no gd receivers. VD was pretty good but they blocked with him too much then he got old and bitchy. Crabtree was never all that great imo.

I hated Harbaugh and I think he was a giant douche but he took a team that sucked balls in the W/L columns and turned them right the fuck around after what 5 coaching staffs failed? Clearly what the franchise needed was whatever brand of madness he had going.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck New England I swear. Patriots are the luckiest team in the NFL due to the stupidity of their division.

Tyrod Taylor and Fitz both finally give those teams decent QB play and both of those dumbfuck franchises want to dick around with them. And Lolphins are the new Redskins in FA. Bellichick and Kraft must be sitting in some room smoking stogies laughing at these other stupid franchises every year.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was amazed d'brickashaw missed 1 offensive snap in those 10 years and that was a trick play with no oline at all. also, doesn't seem like he was drafted 10 years ago. fuck im old.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So Clady to the Jets? Heard they're sending a 5th to Denver but getting a 7th in return as well as Clady. Old and coming off injury, but given what they gave up, not a terrible fill in move I suppose.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Yeah, that is exactly it. Denver just basically traded up like 68 spots in the draft and got rid of a cash liability.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that is exactly it. Denver just basically traded up like 68 spots in the draft and got rid of a cash liability.
Obviously it's a good move for Denver. It's just not a bad one for the Jets in the very short/immediate term, given the sudden hole at the position. He was never going to bring back a lot, but I think the return was decent and you move that money

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ex-Saints DE Will Smith shot and killed following traffic collision

Smith, 34, was shot after exchanging words with the driver of a Hummer H2 that rear-ended his Mercedes G63 SUV, causing him to strike another vehicle, police said.

Smith was shot multiple times and his wife, Racquel, also 34, was shot twice in the right leg, according to police. Smith was pronounced dead at the scene, while his wife was taken to a hospital.
Piece of shit in an H2 shoots a man and his wife after causing a traffic collision? Color me surprised.

Cathan

Foles is dogshit.
Why is Foles Dogshit? He was fair enough under Andy Reid's Eagles to play. Chip dumped Foles but he had great fucking stats that season, which is why he was worth trading to the Rams to start with. Foles went to the Rams and joined QB killer Fisher. Everyone's all high on Bradford now but he was fucking dogshit with Fisher also.

I'm not saying Foles is great but if you compare him to all the other potential FA or trade bait QBs Foles is near the top of the list. I personally think Foles is better than Kaepernick but that's still not saying a lot. I don't think Osweiller is some great QB either. I think the Titans got fucked in that deal and I think Elway would have been looking to replace Osweiller ASAP had he stayed in Denver. If anything, Denver proved they truly didn't need anything but a pure game manager to win the superbowl this year. ANYONE would do.

If Osweiller wins in Houston it will be because of that defense, not Osweiller.

I think Elway should have traded for Foles. He was able to win games in Philly. He could easily game manager in Denver until they find a real replacement.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
=Profundis;1459966]Ex-Saints DE Will Smith shot and killed following traffic collision

Smith, 34, was shot after exchanging words with the driver of a Hummer H2 that rear-ended his Mercedes G63 SUV, causing him to strike another vehicle, police said.

Smith was shot multiple times and his wife, Racquel, also 34, was shot twice in the right leg, according to police. Smith was pronounced dead at the scene, while his wife was taken to a hospital.
Good thing Cathan is upset or just LA happninings.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Cathan. Foles did ok with Reid(everyone does), badly with Fisher(everyone does) but he really isn't far below a lot of the guys. The 2-3 tier QBs aren't really that far off from each other. When Keenum, JFF, Gabbert, Hoyer and the rest can find some success and starts...you know the talent level for QBs is bad.

Cathan

Good thing Cathan is upset or just LA happninings.
That's some terrible shit about Will Smith. I drove down that street a thousand times or more but Will Smith gets rear ended by some thug piece of dog shit and killed. My buddy text it to me at like 6 am this morning.

I wish to god they'd clean up the crime in New Orleans but all they've done since Katrina is gut the police force while more and more criminals come back to the city it seems.

I never thought I'd move to New York and have a safer place to live...

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did everyone somehow miss the part where it says he "exchanged some words" with the driver who hit him? I highly doubt he was politely checking if everyone involved in the accident was alright. Doesn't mean it was a justified shooting or anything but seriously, he probably started running his mouth and chose the wrong person to do it to.