NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Eagles secondary has been questionable at best, so I'd expect Brown to have ~29 receptions next week. I'm also expecting a growing-pains game from Wentz, he's bound to look like a rookie at some point. I'm almost hoping for a 12-30 game with an interception or two, just to slow down the hype train a bit.

that's some weird logic.. if he looks good, that's likely to mean he is good. He's going to have bad games, every QB does. I think what people locally are happy about is he's showing enough on the field to be happy and excited about his future. That doesnt mean he's on the way to the HOF or anything. He's answered some questions early tho. Especially his ability to pick up the speed of the game. Just enjoy the ride and know that he very much is a work in progress.. you don't have to want him to play bad to set those expectations lol. Seeing how he responds to adversity is part of it for sure, I'm looking forward to how he bounces back from a bad game but certainly don't want it to happen.

P.S. Peterson gets a lot of credit as well, he's preparing him well and really being creative with his play calling. I was iffy on him until i saw the way he used Huff in the pre season. really smart guy with how he uses his players.

moontayle

Golden Squire
"Pick up speed"

"Played the Browns and the Bears"

CH6LEONVEAAbbfV.jpg

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
The Cowboy salt is real. That said, your secondary is pretty suspect. Alshon and Royal were eating them up until the Dline killed Cutler.

moontayle

Golden Squire
These salty cowgirls fans are losing their minds.

Just trying to apply logic to Convo's statement. I mean, it's good that he feels that way about Wentz, but a little brake pumping is needed here. We're talking about looking good against two teams heavily favored to finish with a top 5 draft pick.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Cowboy salt is real. That said, your secondary is pretty suspect. Alshon and Royal were eating them up until the Dline killed Cutler.

yea, I mentioned our secondary earlier. Work in progress for sure. Brown might put up 200+ yards on us if we cant get our pass rush going.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just trying to apply logic to Convo's statement. I mean, it's good that he feels that way about Wentz, but a little brake pumping is needed here. We're talking about looking good against two teams heavily favored to finish with a top 5 draft pick.

no you're not.. you're looking salty. Before he played an NFL game there were people saying he probably wouldn't have been able to handle the speed of Division 1A football. yet somehow you've reduced 2 NFL teams to something less than that and think it's a logical argument.

I'm not even saying he's jesus, i'm just pointing out that he's looking good and you are losing your minds trying to diminish his last 2 games! I love it lol

• 1Like

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
that's some weird logic.. if he looks good, that's likely to mean he is good. He's going to have bad games, every QB does. I think what people locally are happy about is he's showing enough on the field to be happy and excited about his future. That doesnt mean he's on the way to the HOF or anything. He's answered some questions early tho. Especially his ability to pick up the speed of the game. Just enjoy the ride and know that he very much is a work in progress.. you don't have to want him to play bad to set those expectations lol. Seeing how he responds to adversity is part of it for sure, I'm looking forward to how he bounces back from a bad game but certainly don't want it to happen.

P.S. Peterson gets a lot of credit as well, he's preparing him well and really being creative with his play calling. I was iffy on him until i saw the way he used Huff in the pre season. really smart guy with how he uses his players.

It was meant tongue in cheek, but honestly I don't want expectations on the kid to get too high too fast. I live and work in center city, he's the new lord and savior for half of town at this point.

Pederson has been great thus far, smart dude.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was meant tongue in cheek, but honestly I don't want expectations on the kid to get too high too fast. I live and work in center city, he's the new lord and savior for half of town at this point.

Pederson has been great thus far, smart dude.

I hear you, that's what we do tho. We go hard fast. lol

moontayle

Golden Squire
no you're not.. you're looking salty. Before he played an NFL game there were people saying he probably wouldn't have been able to handle the speed of Division 1A football. yet somehow you've reduced 2 NFL teams to something less than that and think it's a logical argument.

I'm not even saying he's jesus, i'm just pointing out that he's looking good and you are losing your minds trying to diminish his last 2 games! I love it lol
Who's salty? Sure as shit ain't me. I'd be saying the same thing about Dak if he'd faced off against the Browns and Bears and looked that good. Hell, the Bears are this week as it is. I fully expect a standout performance. Doesn't mean I won't add on, "... against the Bears" when talking about how well he does.

Besides, if you're not thinking "Let's see how he does against good teams" then you're as delusional as Burnem thinks you are.

BTW, I feel that way about Dallas right now as a whole. Giants look like a good team, and they played them to within a single point and a boneheaded mistake. They played a close game against what is now an 0-2 team. The next two weeks aren't really in line to inspire confidence outside of answering the question of whether or not they can beat the teams they're supposed to beat. How you play against potential playoff opponents is how you are defined. So pump the breaks Conbro, no one knows anything about anybody yet.

• 1Cutler

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Eagles secondary has been questionable at best, so I'd expect Brown to have ~29 receptions next week. I'm also expecting a growing-pains game from Wentz, he's bound to look like a rookie at some point. I'm almost hoping for a 12-30 game with an interception or two, just to slow down the hype train a bit.
I'd say the hype train is confined to Eagles fans like Convo.

I hear you, that's what we do tho. We go hard fast. lol
This will make the inevitable fan meltdown and asking for his replacement all the sweeter.

• 1Cutler

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gravel talking out his ass!! No surprise he just so happens to be a redskins fan..

Go find me the type of projection I've made on Wentz that indicated I'm going to have a meltdown if he doesn't pan out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gravel talking out his ass!! No surprise he just so happens to be a redskins fan..

Go find me the type of projection I've made on Wentz that indicated I'm going to have a meltdown if he doesn't pan out.
I said Eagles fans. And if you're going to deny that Eagles fans turn on all their players, you're the one talking out of their ass.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users