NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

moontayle

Golden Squire
The bigger pickup was probably Schwartz as DC. He flamed out in Detroit but his ability to work a good defense has never been in question.

But yeah, it really looks like Philly's gamble to move up is paying dividends. For a year that was supposed to be a reset to purge the flavor of Chip, they're playing like they're ready to go right now. Near as I can tell they're also the healthiest NFCE team and that's pretty big early in the year as well.

Anyway, except for that Williams fumble, where he really should have just gone out of bounds instead of trying for more yards, was a pretty solid game from the Dallas offense. Elliot and the O-line abused the Bears like we figured they would, and Dak just continues to do what Wheedon and Cassell couldn't do last year. I wish they had stepped on the gas a lot more but not going to complain too much about 31 pts. This defense reminds me of 2013 though. It's going to lose games unless they start getting after the QB.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Chip Kelly is clearly keeping up with the proud 49er tradition of shitting the bed in Seattle. It's probably for the best though. It seems like Baalke has added some solid talent and the rebuild is off to a good start so we need a high pick next year to get a QB since even though Gabbert clearly sucks I have no desire for them to put Kaep back in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just told my buddies when my Saints get a new DC I want Jim Schwartz. That guy was up and down as Lions coach, hated for how he supposedly coached Suh to be so nasty but I want him to be the asshole coaching my defense so people hate us for winning games. I mean I'm realistic and all... he probably will at best achieve a top 20 defense with the Saints complete inability to build a defense but that'll be a damn sight better than 31/32 every year...

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It makes me wonder if the Eagles weren't actually that bad the last couple years, and that it really wasn't Chip just being so bad.

It doesn't explain why the last few years for Andy Reid were bad though, especially since he's doing well for himself with the Chiefs.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Vikes- 3-0. Time to make Odell cry some more tears next Monday night.

• 1Like

moontayle

Golden Squire
It makes me wonder if the Eagles weren't actually that bad the last couple years, and that it really wasn't Chip just being so bad.

It doesn't explain why the last few years for Andy Reid were bad though, especially since he's doing well for himself with the Chiefs.
I think part of it was the transition out of the McNabb era and the talent that defined the team as a whole. They never gave him a chance to rebuild. I believe the Pederson hire was probably an acknowledgement that Reid shoulda been kept around but for a guy who only had 3 losing seasons out of 14 he certainly was given a short leash at the end.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The Eagles weren't "so bad" when Chip was there. They were 27-21 under Kelly and made the playoffs the first year. Not world beaters but better than a lot of teams during those years.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gravel: Mike Vick plus a shitload of injuries that last year. Reid basically mortgaged the team on Vick plus a bunch of shiny FAs that all failed. Vick can't read defenses and after that 1 hot year he was trash plus injury prone. All it took was that 1 truly horrible season.

Now Chip is a special animal. He gutted the team of everyone that was great and the people he signed were NOT good. Chip did well with DJax, Foles, McCoy etc the first year but between teams figuring out how to defend his offense, exploit his defense being tired on the field all the time and the downgrading talent of the team he basically beat himself.

I thought Carolina would be a dumpster fire for a long time after their last GM signed so many of their older/aging players to longterm deals like Deangelo Williams who clearly weren't worth it. Instead the new GM came in, got a great coach and has picked up a lot of great players. Shit pisses me off that my GM/coach can't do anything but make worse and worse defenses since 2009...

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Liking that the games were close yesterday. cleveland game i was like, be hilarious if they won..next play, miami fumbled with what 26 sec left and i'm like great, they are going to win and screw up my pickem contest...then i go, be their luck he misses the field goal and end up losing in OT....everyone in the room laughed when..he did miss it.
pitt, carolina and nyG screwed me this week, worst week (9-6 this week so far) so i figure i dropped a good 5 places in the standings....

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He is good short and shit every where else, read his scouting reports the guy is a known overthower with next to no touch down field and known for sailing passes high. Comes to the NFL and in his first preseason game nothing has changed, you can hope for improvement all you want but the guy has the exact same issues the scouts talked about.

haah!

• 1Cutler

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chip is a terrible coach and even worse person. He wont last in San Fran, I'm surprised he hasn't manged to piss them off yet..

We were favored to go 12-4 last year, so it's not a huge shock that we are doing well but Chip gets very little credit. He just had a lot of talented players when he came in and a new system that took time for the league to adjust to. Once the league adjusted, Chip had no answers. He mistakenly thought he could swap players out of skill positions and still have the same results. Also, it amazing how good a defense can be when it's not on the field for 45 mins a game.

It's all Howie, Doug Peterson and crew. Our GM unfucked a lot of what Chip did. We traded away a lot of the people he brought in, I did want to keep Murray tho. He was always a skilled player in my mind. Peterson is working with what he has and trying to help develop the WR's to be something more than a bunch of stone handed fuck ups. We have a lot of ex QB coaches here to help Wentz along and that's been going really well.

To just boil it down to one player, just look at how Dorial Green Beckham is coming along after being thrown away by the titans. He's being coached up and mentored by guys like Brian Dawkins. It's amazing how much this team and franchise has turned around after the Chip era. That guy is a black hole of shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

moontayle

Golden Squire
Basically, everything that went right against the Bills went wrong against the Chiefs.

Speaking of the Bills, it was kind of amazing that Arizona kept going back to the long ball against them when that clearly wasn't working. Buffalo News headline after the game was lol-worthy, "Maybe the Bills should fire a coach every week."

Edit: This is a thing of beauty:

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
And if Beasley doesn't drop the TD against the Giants or if T Will goes out of bounds they're 3-0.

Too bad the NFL doesn't work like that

Last edited:

moontayle

Golden Squire
They should have. Cousins pulled a romo and had a meltdown in the redzone. But I was just a tad off. You on the other hand?! Leave the QB development predictions alone champ. You're no good at it.
Can we put that meme to bed? From 2004-2014 Romo threw 29 4th quarter interceptions. You know who has more during that same time period? Brady (32), Brees (46), Ryan (32), Roethlisberger (40), Rivers (40), Palmer (49), Cutler (38), Eli (59), and a few scrubs named Schaub, Hasselbeck, Fitzpatrick, and Henne. He ties Peyton. He also leads QB Rating during that time period at 102.1.

So please keep telling yourself Romo melts down if it makes you feel better.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
They should have. Cousins pulled a romo and had a meltdown in the redzone. But I was just a tad off. You on the other hand?! Leave the QB development predictions alone champ. You're no good at it.

Those weren't my word's, those were from scouts describing his preseason play. Now get back to hanging on my nuts giving me a Cutler avatar, you missed a post.

• 1Cutler

moontayle

Golden Squire
Your fault for engaging them. Protip: You can't. Not in any meaningful way. Unless you're just passing time.