NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This week I expect Dak to make his first real bad mistake and have his bid to break Brady's record of most passes to start a career without an interception fail.

On the broadcast last week they were saying Dak's already got that record and wentz has a shot to beat it because he still hasn't thrown one. They didn't say shit about brady.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
On the broadcast last week they were saying Dak's already got that record and wentz has a shot to beat it because he still hasn't thrown one. They didn't say shit about brady.

Brady has the record to start a career however he wasn't a rookie, so Dak has the rookie record.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>

Difference between rookie and start of a career.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

He's no Wentz! Dak has had 14 passes broken up down field by a defender. A few of those could have went for INTs. Lots of luck there. Not like my boy Wentz who has half of that number.

• 1Cutler

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He's no Wentz! Dak has had 14 passes broken up down field by a defender. A few of those could have went for INTs. Lots of luck there. Not like my boy Wentz who has half of that number.

I'm not watching Wentz so I can't make a comparison, but there's no doubt Dak has been lucky. Either last week or the week before the announcers were sucking his dick, and when they came up to breath, they claimed he hasn't even had any that were close to being picked off. That was bullshit, I recalled at least 4 off the top of my head that were in and out of a defensive players hands. One of them wasn't his fault as the receiver tipped it up to a DB, but then again, there were a couple others where the receiver made a great defensive play to save the INT. He is making a lot of throws that aren't in very good spots requiring heroics from the receivers (last week was worst so far). The defense isn't going to pick off every pass they get their hands on, but you gotta figure they'll haul in at least half of them.

So yeah, unless there's something about his throws that make them hard to catch if you don't practice with him (I seem to recall people were saying that about Boomer Esiason and his left handed rocket arm back in the day), he's been quite lucky. I just hope the luck holds out.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Dak lives matter.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Helps when he's played less games and 20% of Wentz's passes are screens behind the line of scrimmage.

• 2Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Looks like PFF is saying Convo doesn't know wtf he's talking about. Big surprise there

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
14 passes broken up downfield. 3rd most in the league. He's getting lucky dude. INTs inc.

• 1Cutler

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Of course they are, just like they're going to come for every QB.

His luck has been more about his receivers not running the wrong routes or tipping the ball into the air, and nothing to do with his actual passes

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He's a ginger who hasn't been hit yet. That day will come and redzone will show it to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He's a ginger who hasn't been hit yet. That day will come and redzone will show it to me.

Um, maybe I'm reading this wrong and you're responding to a different thread of discussion, but I have to ask....are you referring to Dak as a ginger?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It was me and possibly Kirun who was arguing it. I will maintain it was more of a bad pass that allowed that interception than Clairborne being all wordly. Smith had him beat on the inside, and the 2 steps was probably a bit of exaggeration, but the pictures you have circled show them together on the 33 and then once Clairborne starts to break for the ball at the 18. I recall there being a bit more separation before he started to actually track the ball. I will admit this though, Clairborne did a far better job than Smith did looking for the ball. I will maintain though, if Gabbert actually throws the ball properly, it is a walk in TD for Smith.

Stills and real time are different so it is hard to tell. I do think the ball was thrown horrible and only real reason it ended up a pick. Not sure it's a walk in TD if he's really that close in coverage. Inside position makes me think it's more likely a long completion and brought down quickly after or he's able to disrupt the catch and it's a long incomplete. But agree completely that if the pass is where it should be, should be 0 chance of a pick and better than average chance of a long completion.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Stills and real time are different so it is hard to tell. I do think the ball was thrown horrible and only real reason it ended up a pick. Not sure it's a walk in TD if he's really that close in coverage. Inside position makes me think it's more likely a long completion and brought down quickly after or he's able to disrupt the catch and it's a long incomplete. But agree completely that if the pass is where it should be, should be 0 chance of a pick and better than average chance of a long completion.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the ball was wildly underthrown and that is why it was picked. it just wasn't the "OMG he was wide open WTF" play some are claiming. A good pass would have dramatically lowered the chance of an interception but no way was it a guaranteed walk in touchdown. Smith would have still had to make a good play on the ball and would have been tackled immediately

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler