NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
If the Bills beat the 49'ers Sunday will we have some Bills fans crawling out of their caves and posting on this forum?

They will be to busy powerbombing each other through tables and trading jerseys for blow jobs in the parking lot to figure out how to get online.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The factory of sadness around here rivals that of the Browns. It's not really a wonder that they take the pre-game shenanigans to another level.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the Bills beat the 49'ers Sunday will we have some Bills fans crawling out of their caves and posting on this forum?

It's weird, they were 0-2 and looking terrible, but then got the gift that is having a West Coast Team (Arizona) have to come east for a 1pm EST game, followed by the Pats having to start their injured 3rd string QB, followed by the universe not allowing a Jeff Fisher team to be 3 games above .500.

Real change for the better or crazy circumstances to give them 3 wins in a row?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
No one will beat the 49'ers now, the fro is in the house.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Comparing 90's football to today's football. Just Itlan things.
You're a very obtuse person. This is why no one likes you.

Because Steve Young didn't have a four year run at the beginning of the 90s with a QB rating over 100 in each season right? Or a season where he went 35-10 TD-Int ratio? Or have a career rating of 97 where as Bledsoe's is dog shit?

I mean it's not like Marino threw for 48 TDs in 19 fucking 84 or anything. You're absolutely right, it's impossible for Bledsoe to have been a competent quarterback during the 90s because of the way football was played. The situations are TOTALLY comparable.

Take a seat you fat fuck.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's weird, they were 0-2 and looking terrible, but then got the gift that is having a West Coast Team (Arizona) have to come east for a 1pm EST game, followed by the Pats having to start their injured 3rd string QB, followed by the universe not allowing a Jeff Fisher team to be 3 games above .500.

Real change for the better or crazy circumstances to give them 3 wins in a row?
It's tough to say. The football gods, they are fickle. I expect a 4th win in a row just because the 49ers aren't that good and Kaep isn't going to be enough of a difference if Chip doesn't change his play calling. The defense does look better and as long as Shady doesn't blow a knee or something they should be just good enough on offense to win more games than not. Just don't ask Tyrod to win games for you. He's no Dak.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, dude. The whole forum still hasn't recovered from that sick, sick burn

The anger seems strong. I was asking a legitimate question because I haven't seen a single person trying to claim Brissett was a great quarterback, or even a good one, but you keep posting as if people have been touting him as the next superstar...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You're a very obtuse person. This is why no one likes you.

Because Steve Young didn't have a four year run at the beginning of the 90s with a QB rating over 100 in each season right? Or a season where he went 35-10 TD-Int ratio? Or have a career rating of 97 where as Bledsoe's is dog shit?

I mean it's not like Marino threw for 48 TDs in 19 fucking 84 or anything. You're absolutely right, it's impossible for Bledsoe to have been a competent quarterback during the 90s because of the way football was played. The situations are TOTALLY comparable.

Take a seat you fat fuck.

It's not that useful to only use outliers for comparison purposes. You're using generational talents. There have been a multitude of rule changes that have positively affected the passing game.

In 1984, Marino's huge year, there were four QBs with a rating over 90, 3 in 1985, 3 in 1986, 3 in 1987. This year, there are 15, 19 in 2015, 16 in 2014. I'm not saying QB rating is the end all, be all stat, but I think there is some relevance there.

However, it's not like Bledsoe was ever anything more than slightly above to slightly below average on QB rating his whole career. Bledsoe and Brady is not Romo and Dak.

Edit: Even better, in Steve Young's 1992 season, where he had a 107.0 rating, only one other QB had a rating over 90. That shows you just how damn good he was.

Last edited:

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not that useful to only use outliers for comparison purposes. You're using generational talents. There have been a multitude of rule changes that have positively affected the passing game.

In 1984, Marino's huge year, there were four QBs with a rating over 90, 3 in 1985, 3 in 1986, 3 in 1987. This year, there are 15, 19 in 2015, 16 in 2014. I'm not saying QB rating is the end all, be all stat, but I think there is some relevance there.

Edit: Even better, in Steve Young's 1992 season, where he had a 107.0 rating, only one other QB had a rating over 90. That shows you just how damn good he was.
Romo still led the league, over guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning aka generational talents, with a 113 QB rating. I understand the game has changed, that's still not an excuse to say the Dak-Romo situation is a mirror of the Bledsoe-Brady situation. They're fucking WORLDS apart.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Romo still led the league, over guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning aka generational talents, with a 113 QB rating. I understand the game has changed, that's still not an excuse to say the Dak-Romo situation is a mirror of the Bledsoe-Brady situation. They're fucking WORLDS apart.

Yeah, I edited in a line agreeing with that sentiment after my post. Dak would be replacing about a top 5 QB (on average) while Brady replaced a completely average one. Much different scenario.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I edited in a line agreeing with that sentiment after my post. Dak would be replacing about a top 5 QB (on average) while Brady replaced a completely average one. Much different scenario.
I'm glad we can agree on this part. The game has certainly evolved, but it's not like Romo is propped up because of the times - he would've been an elite QB in any era.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's like people forget Romo's gone 14-4 since the beginning of 2014. It's not like Romo kept losing and Dak came in and turned the team around.

It would be like if the Pats benched Brady because they started off 3-1 without him and they don't want to mess with a good thing or other such nonsense.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Has there ever been a Bills fan?

• 2Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users