NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
goddamn the eq nostalgia derails even the NFL thread?

fuck Kaep hope he gets his neck broke on the first snap

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There are so many levels of hardcore though. I always had a full time job but I would play EQ 3-5 hours a night and all day on Saturday and Sunday during my most serious period. I also logged a lot of hours at work on The Steel Warrior and later on guild boards once I got suckered into guild leadership. To the average non-gamer that sounds insane but there were people who played so fucking much more than I did. I was never even in a second tier guild, let alone a top 10 one. To be really elite in EQ you had to pretty much dedicate your life to it and there were plenty of people who did that and still weren't top tier. Back in the Kunark, Velious, Luclin racing to targets days it was nearly impossible to live on the west coast and have a job and really compete for the top raid targets because they all went down around 1-2 PM PST or sometimes even earlier.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

moontayle

Golden Squire
What he said. I played a lot but at best the guild I was in ended up breaking through into NTOV shortly after PoP launched. There was like an extra level of hardcore in EQ that doesn't exist in this day and age of instanced raids.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember watching NFL football all day Sunday while quad kiting AAXP and then raiding shit. Me and some others in guild chat would talk about the games, then people would be like OMG STFU about football I'm playing EQ!

Its like life has come full circle in a backwards way with this thread!

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
further derail- most of us old guys here were hardcore in eq- back when i was hard core i typically played 60+hrs a week.- me now? totally hardcore casual, i raid 2 nights a week tops in wow. i do play 20-30 hrs a week still most evenings from 8pm until midnight or 1 am... work 40 hrs a week, but my guild is a mix of hard core, casual and are mostly older people that have learned how to balance irl life with gaming life-- hell - one of our hardest core raiders..is retired and 72 yrs old, had another raider -he did die though 6 months ago irl(heart attack no one in guild knew he was dead until 2 months later when his daughter logged into his account)- was 78.

back to football, hope kaep does not get injured, but just sucks.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
We found this board because we either were hardcore, or were trying our best to be hardcore. Don't be retarded.

Not true for me. I liked reading about stuff I would likely never see in game; I wasn't even in a guild the first year or so of playing. Plus, I played on Test Server for 80% of my EQ experience.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It amazes me visiting a couple Cowboys forums that some still want Romo to start. The fuckers are batshit insane.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started playing EQ when I was 10 in '99. Played through PoP, #2 guild on Drinal. I'd sleep during school and come home and play EQ all night. Missed 52 days of school my senior year, but I think I was playing Vanguard by that time. Still graduated with like a 3.8, though.

Jordan Reed is fucked. He's going to have mush for brains in two years if he keeps this up.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Romo is the better quarterback, how is that even a discussion?

Most people are dumb and are completely unable to evaluate QB play. They just look at the win/loss record and parrot what that talking heads say in the pre-game shows which is why you get retards talking about how great Jacoby Brissett is.

Dak has exceeded expectations, but Romo is still a much better QB. With the way the Oline and Zeke are playing though, you could put me in at QB and win some games

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Romo is no doubt better. Yes, the Cowboys likely found their future in Dak. But Romo is the best QB right now. And it's not even close.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jordan Reed diagnosed with another concussion

6th documented concussion, thinking he needs to find a new line of work.

Just when I thought he was having a good season to season and a half with relatively few health issues. At least ones that kept him out of multiple games. Losing Reed would hurt a lot, although we have much more depth (see: not 3 other TE's out for the year injured) this year behind him.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
It amazes me visiting a couple Cowboys forums that some still want Romo to start. The fuckers are batshit insane.

It's like watching the Bledsoe/Brady thing all over again, all the retarded Pats fans wanted Bledsoe back. "Can't lose your job to injury!" "He brought us to the Super Bowl!".

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Most people are dumb and are completely unable to evaluate QB play. They just look at the win/loss record and parrot what that talking heads say in the pre-game shows which is why you get retards talking about how great Jacoby Brissett is.

Dak has exceeded expectations, but Romo is still a much better QB. With the way the Oline and Zeke are playing though, you could put me in at QB and win some games

I pretty much agree with everything except last part. Unless you are better than the guys you had starting last year.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's like watching the Bledsoe/Brady thing all over again, all the retarded Pats fans wanted Bledsoe back. "Can't lose your job to injury!" "He brought us to the Super Bowl!".
Totally comparable! Career rating of 77.1 vs. 97.1.
77.3 the year before Bledsoe went down, 113.2 before Romo went down.
5-11 record vs. 12-3.
58% completion vs. almost 70%.
17-13 TD to Int vs. 34-9.

Shut the fuck up you blithering idiot. As a Giants fan, I welcome them starting Dak over Romo, and I can't wait for that fucker to retire. But to deny he's a top tier QB when healthy? You're a fucking moron.

And no one cared about Bledsoe. No one. Stop making up history.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I pretty much agree with everything except last part. Unless you are better than the guys you had starting last year.

whoopscassel.0.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler