NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
The dude is physically incapable of throwing a pass more than 10 yards. Weren't you hard in the anti Cutler camp?
I still believe the Bears messed up horribly when they gave Catler that contract while he has not lived up to the pay-out. Every excuse for not succeeding: no front line, revolving door of offensive coordinators, no receivers, etc, have been "fixed" and yet he plays more of the same sorry ass football. Pay me to (apparently) annoy my front line enough that they seem to ~allow~ holes for my ass to get sacked. Pay me to appear aloft that other players question my leadership (and get shipped to another team). Pay me to stare down the receiver I will throw the ball towards and if I get intercepted again, oh well. Perhaps outside the field Catler is a wonderful person married to an anti-vaccinated wife. But on the field, he's an overpaid chump.

As for Hoyer, what exactly were the Bears thinking on signing him? Why aren't the Bears molding a rookie quarterback to take the reins eventually? Are they even capable of doing such a task or will the future be more of the same of bringing some other teams has-been? (I'm looking at Tony Romo in our near future.) Why does the front office draft players in the first round that appear injury prone? Why do the fans have to ride the roller coaster of a few years of a stronger defense carrying a weaker offense before sliding into an aging defense with potentially rising offense? And how is it a "nobody" like me can look at their line ups on offense and call the play while their coaches are befuddled on how they were beaten again? Yes, Hoyer can not throw the ball for any consistent deep threats and is regulated to screen passes with the hope the receiver can plow his way to a first down. But damn, Catler has done the same type of thing for years. So is it poor players playing to their feeble strengths and the coaches compensate; or the Bears get these coaches that believe their own hype and attempt to mold the team to their image? Lovie "I will stick to my defensive plans no matter how the game evolves!" Smith, Marc "I am a quarterback whisperer in the Great White North!" Trestman, and John "I was kicked off a relatively unchanged Denver team that won the Super Bowl afterwards!" Fox as examples.

Sorry for the rant...

• 1Cutler
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It would be such a Redskins move if they let Kirk Cousins leave in free agency, then get Romo to take his place.

The only way I see this happening is if Cousins puts up crazy yardage stats that make him ask for $20M plus. This also depends on how he plays the rest of the year. If it's more of the same, I think we have to sign him, especially looking at the QB situations for the present and future around the division...but I hope he realizes he isn't worth franchise money. The scary thought is if he is stubborn demanding a huge payday, and we either give in and fuck our cap, or do the smart thing and walk away...but puts us back into the "don't have a QB" camp.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
NFL reminded me how shitty refs are when they have control. Falcons loss reminds me of rodgers win against the lions at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Mark Davis confirmed their plan is to play in Oakland 2 more seasons (they have 1 year options at the Coliseum) while the Las Vegas stadium is built.

At one point there was talk about trying to play a preseason game in Vegas each of those years at Sam Boyd but we'll see if there's anything to that.

Of course that could all go sideways if there's a surprising amount of resistance come January and they don't move.

If the Raiders don't move, then UNLV has 2 years to generate funds for a collegiate stadium with whill be partially publicly financed. If that's unsuccessful then the new hotel tax sunsets.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Astroglide

afro-glide?

Couple of questions for my fanduel this week. Should I replace Ezekiel Elliot since Green Bay has the best rush defense in the league?

Just curious what you decided.

imo - the dallas situation is similar to the patriots bledsoe/brady incident.

I think it's closer to the bronco's situation. I mean, I hope dak turns out to be as great a system QB as brady, but it seems more like Denver because of the injury history. Maybe romo can win his ring this year and retire.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
NFL will be the death of itself.

NFL morning after: Let them celebrate

The NFL is facing some problems. TV ratings are down. There’s a general sense that this year’s slate of games has been unexciting. There’s a constant tension between concerns about player safety and concerns that tough, physical play is being legislated out of the sport. Distrust between the owners and the players is at an all-time high.

So what has the NFL decided to crack down on? Celebrations.

Specifically, players celebrating after touchdowns, which for some reason the league has decided is a great offense that must be stopped.

All season long, NFL referees have been cracking down on “excessive” celebrations, and those stupid penalties reared their ugly heads again yesterday.

The first player busted by the league’s fun police was Washington tight end Vernon Davis, who picked up a 15-yard penalty because he mimicked shooting a basketball after scoring a touchdown. He didn’t taunt anybody, didn’t do anything vulgar, didn’t put on an elaborate dance, he just pretended to shoot a basketball, and for that he was penalized 15 yards. That is stupid. And to make matters worse for Washington, that 15-yard penalty on the ensuing kickoff led to Philadelphia returning that kickoff for a touchdown. Is that really how we want NFL games decided? On touchdowns set up by celebration penalties?

Davis’s teammate, cornerback Josh Norman, spoke out last week about the crackdown on celebrations after he was penalized for mimmicking the use of a bow and arrow.

Why can’t we have fun within the game?” Norman said. “It don’t even make any sense. It’s stupid in a way to a point where … like, who is running the ship? And why are we allowing things to happen like that that shouldn’t be? That’s kind of how I feel.”

Washington wasn’t the only team affected by celebration penalties, however. After scoring the game-winning touchdown for the Giants, Odell Beckham got a 15-yard penalty for taking off his helmet in celebration. That penalty nearly cost the Giants the game, as the additional 15 yards gave the Ravens good field position in the final minute. Fortunately for Beckham, the Ravens came up short, and the game ended with Baltimore throwing incomplete into the end zone.

Should Beckham know better than to take his helmet off in celebration? Sure. But why is that a 15-yard penalty? Who is it hurting?

NFL V.P. of Officiating Dean Blandino said earlier this season that the league has to crack down on celebrations or else players will take them too far. “Believe me, if we let this go, it will continue to grow and certain players will continue to try to outdo each other, and then it leads to other things,” Blandino said.

The NFL’s officiating department should have better things to worry about, and the league should allow players to have a little fun and celebrate after a touchdown. The rule should be that if a celebration delays the game, the player is penalized five yards for delay of game. If it doesn’t delay the game, a player should be free to celebrate. A 15-yard penalty for a mild celebration is ridiculous. Football is supposed to be fun, and the NFL forgets that at its peril.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Through 6 games 2014 Romo: 131/191 68.5% 1510 yds 11 TD's 5 int 100.47 rating.

Prescott: 125/182 68.6% 1486 yds 7 TD's 1 int 103.87 rating. Also 3 rushing TD's.

They can't sit Dak performing the way he is.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think we need to stop this Dak circle jerk and start talking about how awesome Bosa is.

• 1Cutler

moontayle

Golden Squire
Through 6 games 2014 Romo: 131/191 68.5% 1510 yds 11 TD's 5 int 100.47 rating.

Prescott: 125/182 68.6% 1486 yds 7 TD's 1 int 103.87 rating. Also 3 rushing TD's.

They can't sit Dak performing the way he is.
More impressive comparison is through the 5 wins that followed that opening loss:

Romo: 108/154 70.1%, 1229 yds, 10 TD, 2 int, 111.18 rating
Dak: 100/137 72.9%, 1259 yds, 7 TD, 1 int, 115.48 rating

By almost every metric he's doing better than Romo.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Trivia time!!! Which QB cost a total of 2 first rounders, a second, a third, and a fourth round draft pick; and which cost only a fourth round pick?

QB A: 102/157 65.0%, 1,186 yds, 7 TD, 1 INT, 99.9 rating
QB B: 125/182 68.7%, 1,486 yds, 7 TD, 1 INT, 103.9 rating

Merrith

Trivia time!!! Which QB cost a total of 2 first rounders, a second, a third, and a fourth round draft pick; and which cost only a fourth round pick?

QB A: 102/157 65.0%, 1,186 yds, 7 TD, 1 INT, 99.9 rating
QB B: 125/182 68.7%, 1,486 yds, 7 TD, 1 INT, 103.9 rating

All things considered though, it looks like they at least got their QB pick at the top of the draft right. Goff going to have a ton of pressure to perform whenever he finally gets on the field based on how the young QB's are performing this year.

Merrith

Also, can we talk about how the Beast is back? Every Beast team played a team with a winning record this week, and the only loss was to another Beast team. Most wins in football, best winning %, no team below .500.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
More impressive comparison is through the 5 wins that followed that opening loss:

Romo: 108/154 70.1%, 1229 yds, 10 TD, 2 int, 111.18 rating
Dak: 100/137 72.9%, 1259 yds, 7 TD, 1 int, 115.48 rating

By almost every metric he's doing better than Romo.

Major difference is that as good as the Oline was in 2014, it's actually playing much much better this year. Dak's also fumbled as much this year as Romo did all of 2014.

Either way Dallas has a stud at QB and will be a top team either way