NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Try to remember I answered that after being asked what if Dak gets hurt and Romo wins a SB. That ups the cost on Romo.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Bradford was a very odd circumstance. The Vikings genuinely thought they were a contender and needed a QB immediately, and thus the Eagles could take them over the coals. That's not a trade that happens any other way.

You think Elway isn't sitting there thinking what his team would be like with Romo at QB, given he just finished going to the SB twice by bringing in a veteran QB?

Romo cost 14M next year, 19 the following and 20 in the final year and not a single penny is guaranteed. Denver has more draft picks to spare than salary cap space and Romo is cheap with no guaranteed money.

• 1Cutler

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think the Bronco's or the Cardinals could be contenders with Romo. That being said he will be 37 with a long injury history and 20 million a year.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Yeah and 19 the following year and 20 after that. You don't trade away a bunch of picks for one year. You are not helping your point.

Meaningless 2 year extension in 2018, restructure the last two years of the current deal spread out over the duration so you pay the 39 over 4 years instead of 2 or you can do the post June cut and spread that 39 over 5 years.

I made an error, you can't spread it out over 5, just 4. Let's say you only want to have 14M cap hit, 5.5M restructure in 2018 6.5M in 2019. Cut him in 2020 post June 1 cut, 6M due in 2020 and 2021. Also remember none of it is guaranteed, Romo's contract isn't restrictive in the least bit or that costly for a QB of his caliber.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah and 19 the following year and 20 after that. You don't trade away a bunch of picks for one year. You are not helping your point.

You mean you shouldn't. There are definitely plenty of teams that would trade a bunch of picks for a shot at a SB

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Shit who knows, when Bradford tears his ACL near the end of the year while Teddy is still rehabbing we just might trade him to Minnesota.

• 1Cutler

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Carried what? The Cowboys haven't won shit for all this carrying people talk about Romo doing. What the fuck did he carry? Carry them to another .500 season? Whoopty fucking doo

They've had what, 3 double digit win seasons while he has been the starter? And the best season they have had was once that O-Line started coming together and Murray ran for over 1800 yards. What exactly is there to brag about him carrying?

The best season they had Marion Barber was their leading rusher with 975 yards.

Nice try though

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Teams will give up more for Jimmy Garaopollo than Romo. It's more probable than not that Romo just finishes his career as a backup in Dallas. Since he's such a stand up guy and team player it shouldn't be a problem for him.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching Burn plead his case that a team would give a 1st and conditional 4th for Romo is pretty humorous.

I don't even think they could get a 2nd for him. But I'm delusional...

• 1Cutler

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Watching Burn plead his case that a team would give a 1st and conditional 4th for Romo is pretty humorous.

I don't even think they could get a 2nd for him. But I'm delusional...

You're delusional because you said no one would give up that much for a QB who is one gust of wind from being hurt, when Bradford is just as injury prone. The question was also couched in Romo just won the SB.

• 1Cutler

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bradford didn't start the year on IR and isn't 36. Stop being dumb

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't think a 1st and 4th would be on the table but definitely, a 2nd and maybe even a 1st could be. That's pretty good recompense for a guy you won't be using anymore.

You are a favorite to go to the SB and you still have some trade bait for next year? Dallas is pretty set. I'm still upset they got La'el. Guy would look better in aqua.

Last edited:

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Bradford didn't start the year on IR and isn't 36. Stop being dumb

That isn't what you said, we went over this. No one trades a 1st and 4th for a QB who is a gust of wind from a body cast, which is just your pathetic attempt at humor way of saying a injury prone QB. Had you mentioned age and age alone you would have had a valid argument but you are delusional and ignore that a QB more injury prone was traded for precisely a 1st and 4th. For fucks sake, you ignored the direct comparison that was going on with Bradford.

It's like when you argued in 2016 that the 2015 Cowboys were 8-8 with or without Romo.

• 1Cutler