NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Lol at Emmitt's numbers not being impressive, 1773 yards and 25 TD in one year isn't impressive. 18k most yards in the history of the position, 2nd in TD to Jerry Rice with 175. Most yards ever by a RB and most TD by a RB, numbers not impressive.

You can argue he wasn't the fastest, he wasn't. You can argue he wasn't the best bruiser, he wasn't. You can argue a lot of different things about Emmitt but arguing his numbers aren't impressive when he stands alone on top with the most yards and TD ever in the history of the sport at his position is straight fucking delusional.

Emmitt Smith

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moontayle

Golden Squire
I didn't get to see much of Emmitt, but honestly his numbers don't impress me at all. He was just a workhorse playing behind an elite line that somehow avoided major injuries. His YPC is complete dogshit, plus the fact that he's a stuttering imbecile doesn't help his case.
There's a reason JG has worked to instill the mindset of those early 90s teams into his version of the Cowboys. Emmitt maybe wasn't the best ever at his position, but he showed up to play. His consistency week in and week out was probably the most impressive thing about him. Others were flashier, or could punish defenders more. Emmitt just did what he needed to do to move forward and worked hard to give everything he had for the team. He had the talent and worth ethic to keep playing for a long time, and as a result he sits atop the pile on yards and TDs for a running back.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its Itlan, he is a Giants fan and has posters of OBJ on his wall.

Smith played what, 15 seasons? His numbers cant be denied, obviously, but it is his dependability and longevity that is so fucking impressive. Look at the current and near past generation of RBs. Some guys have good runs, like Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis, Shaun Alexander, Chris Johnson, Arian Foster etc, but they only last a handful of years before injuries and age take a toll. Smith did it consistently year after year, over a decade for the Cowboys. There arent really any RBs built like that anymore, and I think thats the more important thing to bring up when someone questions Smiths value in history.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Itlan Itlan you did this shit on purpose, didn't you? Yay 30 more pages of Cowboy screen jizz.

And Jozu Jozu I'm sure he's upgraded to a Fathead by now.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's Cowboys vs. Giants this week. I don't expect the shitposting to stop until the final whistle blows.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You are fucking killing me.
Show me a video where Emmitt Smith's little fat ass hurdles defenders like Zeke does.

Kids an animal. Wish the Giants had him, so he could run into the back of the offensive line like everyone else does.

• 1Cutler

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck is AD? The first time someone used it, I assumed they meant Adrian Peterson and just typoed. But the AD keeps coming.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who the fuck is AD? The first time someone used it, I assumed they meant Adrian Peterson and just typoed. But the AD keeps coming.

"All Day".

Never stuck with me, either.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You can argue he wasn't the fastest, he wasn't. You can argue he wasn't the best bruiser, he wasn't. You can argue a lot of different things about Emmitt but arguing his numbers aren't impressive when he stands alone on top with the most yards and TD ever in the history of the sport at his position is straight fucking delusional.

My favorite thing about emmit was how it took the league like 5 years to even pinpoint how he was doing what he does. Then suddenly they realized, "hey, no one ever gets a clean shot on him ... is that important?"

Oh and since we're talking about RBs we liked to watch, The Beast. I liked him both on and off the field.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
As much as I love Peterson, I think you need to calm the fuck down. Shits on Bell and it's not even close? You're blinded by perhaps preferring AP's punishing style over Bell's, but when it comes to patience, pass blocking, receiving out of the backfield, basically everything outside of running in a straight line, Bell is the better back. If you want to say he shits on Bell as a downhill runner, sure, but that's literally the only thing he's better at. Give me the complete package over one trick pony any day of the week.

"one trick pony.... one trick pony.... one trick pony"

I'll play your game for a second: What's the most important part of being a "Running" back? Oh thats fucking weird, running the football. Even if Bell is better out of the backfield or pass blocking it isn't by much, and Adrian's running in his prime far than exceeds any worth Bell has ever had. Put Peterson on that Steelers team, its not even close. Adrian has never had even remotely close to the QB Roethlisberger is for an extended amount of time, and nowhere near a receiver that is half the player Brown is. Shit, Vikings o-line half the years sucked as well. Remember Brad Childress? That retard sucked also.

So next time bring a better argument to the table, cause that shit was fucking weak, and you're about the only person in the world that would take Bell over Peterson. One of the stupidest takes I have ever seen on football.

Ps. Elliot grades better as a pass blocker than Bell as a rookie & nearly the same out of the backfield Zzzzz

There is no fucking way you can watch the dynamic ability of Peterson and truly think Bell is better.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I agree in the sense that no one gave a shit about Julio Jones vs AB's blocking metrics when we were arguing about those players. And if catching out of the backfield is so important, Forte wouldn't have been so underrated through his career considering the was probably the best receiving back in the league since Faulk.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Raiders vs Chiefs tomorrow for the AFC West. Two of the best teams in the AFC on Thursday night football.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think the Chiefs might be the better team . I think they will win as well.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Oakland sure as shit can't start slow like they did against Buffalo. KC is too balanced overall to let them back in the game.

I'm rooting for Oakland, because I like the idea of them being the #1 seed after so many years of futility.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I agree in the sense that no one gave a shit about Julio Jones vs AB's blocking metrics when we were arguing about those players. And if catching out of the backfield is so important, Forte wouldn't have been so underrated through his career considering the was probably the best receiving back in the league since Faulk.

Blocking is way more important for a RB than a WR.

• 1Like