NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

moontayle

Golden Squire
No love for Thurman Thomas? He's Bell in the 90s. Just a great all-purpose back and the best player on the field in SB25. It's a shame that was wasted on a missed field goal.

PS> AP is one of the best backs of all time but I think Zeke is going to be up there as well.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Reading through the last few posts... and all I can take from this is that even saying Bulger's name has likely invoked further bad luck against us this season. God that guy was a dumpster fire. PS fire Fisher.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yeah, never quite understood why they felt the need to move on from Warner. He knew Martz' offense better than anyone except Martz and his revival in Arizona showed just how good a QB he could be.

• 1Solidarity

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, never quite understood why they felt the need to move on from Warner. He knew Martz' offense better than anyone except Martz and his revival in Arizona showed just how good a QB he could be.

Because Martz was a stone cold idiot. Not only did he move on from Warner he had Marshal Faulk and Stephen Jackson and decided throwing the football every down was the way to go as well.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You missed the Adrian Peterson era? Bell is a really good back, but AD shits on Bell and it's not even close. We are talking about a person who has never at any point, even with the Favre team, has seen 8-9 man boxes. Put Peterson in the 80s & 90s and he may be the greatest football player (with the way penalties are called now on offensive-lines, and the game has adjusted so pass happy). His 2012 year is arguably the greatest single season in the history of the game coming off a fresh complete ACL/MCL repair.

Brown > Sanders > Dickerson > Sweetness > Smith (slot Peterson anywhere on that list I don't care). Any one of those guys could be ranked the GOAT. In his dead prime, give me AD any day, all day. Dude broke into the league and it was evident 6 games in he was a league above Tomlinson (who is a phenomenal back in his own right).

I have to remind people that, as a Cowboys fan, Zeke is a great back... but he is never going to be Peterson. (sorry music is awful).
As much as I love Peterson, I think you need to calm the fuck down. Shits on Bell and it's not even close? You're blinded by perhaps preferring AP's punishing style over Bell's, but when it comes to patience, pass blocking, receiving out of the backfield, basically everything outside of running in a straight line, Bell is the better back. If you want to say he shits on Bell as a downhill runner, sure, but that's literally the only thing he's better at. Give me the complete package over one trick pony any day of the week.

• 1Cutler

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
WR seem to always get shit on for the HoF. TO not in and it took Monk like 32189312 years to get in and he was 2nd or 3rd in basically everything when he retired.
This. There was, and still is, a serious backlog of WR's waiting to get in.

Bruce may have to wait a very long time, if at all.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Bob Hayes had to wait until the senior committee got him in and that dude was basically credited for helping create "bump and run" defense as well as deep zone to counter his speed. In short, the selection committee overall is retarded.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This. There was, and still is, a serious backlog of WR's waiting to get in.

Bruce may have to wait a very long time, if at all.

The backlog will only get worse as receiver numbers pile up.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
tons of great backs, only a few really stick out - to me in my lifetime.

simpson, sanders, smith, AP, Dillon, Thomas,dickerson, campbell, jackson, sweetness, Davis.. i watched all of them and they were all excellent in their own ways- some bruising run you over, some elusive cutback escape artists etc...injuries however cut some careers short

the main issue with todays game is, be "good enough" in the run game and be able to catch a screen = quality back and those are a dime a dozen, sure you get the occasional diamond, but is not needed to win championships- doesn't hurt, but not necessary.

re belicheck vs shula wins...BB is ~95 wins behind shula... provided BB coached teams can continue for the next decade like they have for the past 15 years.. it will take just about 9 years, -at least for now- he has the appearance of not being tired of coaching he apparently loves it.

personally i feel sorry for whichever coach/qb takes over the pats after those two.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading through the last few posts... and all I can take from this is that even saying Bulger's name has likely invoked further bad luck against us this season. God that guy was a dumpster fire. PS fire Fisher.

Every time someone says "Fire Fisher", Fisher gets another year of contract extension.

Lich.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bo Jackson was probably the greatest pure athlete RB I ever saw personally but of course injuries.

I think it's hard for any of us here to grasp how great Jim Brown really was. I don't really care that he was just physically big for his era. Watch his highlights, he had moves. He also retired before he had to.

Bell is the current monster in my book (AFCN BIAS!) except he's pretty pedestrian when playing the Ravens. Sorry Genj~. Le'Veon Bell Career Game Log vs. Ravens | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hes averaging just over 100 total yards -- 67 rush and 35 pass ypg vs you guys, definitely down from his average of 124 for his career but not bad either.

4.41 ypc is actually really good vs your typically great run D.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, other than the game we dropped 43 on the Ravens they are all close and low scoring defensive games typical of an AFCN slugfest

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hes averaging just over 100 total yards -- 67 rush and 35 pass ypg vs you guys, definitely down from his average of 124 for his career but not bad either.

4.41 ypc is actually really good vs your typically great run D.

Just poking the bear a bit. I only have a couple Steeler fans locally now to fuck with. I have to take my microaggressions out on someone.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Barry was the best running back I've ever seen, only one in my lifetime who was close was AD (I'm 34, so I actually don't give two shits about 80's football players - its like the argument that Dick Butkus was the best linebacker in history, terrorizing a bunch of guys who half of them never even hit the fucking gym while he himself was massive!). Injuries suck.

In fact, I'd argue Barry was the best "football player" I've ever seen as well.

That said, Bell is great - his hesitation then instant bursts of speed always catch me (and most defenders) completely unaware. He's got great timing on his runs. Hope Zeke learns that, the kid could be a future hall of famer with his build and speed.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
AP is a great runner, but the position is much more than that. 1 dimensional and always has been

Bell averages 15 ypg less on the ground, but is 50 yards away from passing AP in receiving yards for his career while playing 6 less years...... If Bell continues on this trajectory he will be a 1st ballot HoF running back. How many running backs can you name that can lineup at wide receiver and beat NFL caliber corners running routes consistently?? He is special, and is the new mold of what the running back position has evolved into. The two are completely different backs who beat you in different ways.

So the not even close shit? Get outta here with that. You mentioned Ladanian Tomlinson...who for his career averaged 80.5 ypg on the ground and 28 receiving ypg. Bell is at 81.7 ypg on the ground and 43 ypg receiving.

Bells career is still young, but he is putting up numbers that will land him him in the HoF if he keeps this pace.

Yards per game for their career: AP 104.2. Bell: 124.7

Yea totally shits on

This is why it is so hard to compare players. Sure, Bell has been amazing so far but it's still early. He also plays in an amazing offense that AD has really experienced maybe for a year, two max? Who is the HoF QB to keep nine men out of the box or throw those passes to him? Where is his AB? I'm not trying to short change Bell because he is an amazing back but I always have a special affinity to the backs who were the offense, and still found ways to produce.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Elliot looks good but he has a long way to go to even be as good as Tomlinson. #21 Represent!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't get to see much of Emmitt, but honestly his numbers don't impress me at all. He was just a workhorse playing behind an elite line that somehow avoided major injuries. His YPC is complete dogshit, plus the fact that he's a stuttering imbecile doesn't help his case.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol.

At least you admit you didnt get to see much of him. He wasnt a worldbeater but he was dependable as fuck. He would of been great in fantasy.

Elliot is a better athlete and is much more explosive. If the Cowboys can keep the Oline together and healthy he could be a star for years, especially if they have some playoff success.