NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its almost like teams that have one bad season and get a qb do better than perennial basement dwelling teams. Like if Luck went to the Redskins instead of the Colts he would probably suck right now and be on the Browns.

I'd argue the opposite, that if we didn't have to deal with RG3's injuries (although I guess Luck has suffered through some of his own, even if it was basically just last year) and had Luck at QB, we might not have had the 2 year drop back to shitty between division titles in 2012 and last year. Granted, we're not world beaters by any stretch or will be this year either, but I think the Skins are on their way to at least being consistent .500 or slightly better team.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Steelers sucked balls in the 80s, and before Chuck Noll got there were one of the worst teams in the NFL. But for most of my adult life they have been one of the best teams year in and out. 3 coaches in 4 and a half decades, its weird to think when some teams have had that many in the past few years. Ie Browns.

We have had some great FO guys. I posted something in here a few months ago showing drafting since 1996, and number of games played by early picks, wins etc, and we were 1st...then there was GB and NE, Baltimore was way up there. It's no surprise good drafting is the key to success, and not using the older Dan Snyder approach to FA.

It's weird that Baltimore hasn't had a lot of success early in drafts and just finds a ton of good plug in starters/depth in the middle to late rounds. But when you snag that many good picks in those rounds it adds up, plus you basically let them earn big FA deals elsewhere, and pick up the comp picks off of that, and Ozzy just continuously is refreshing that level just under the core guys with multiple picks in rounds 3-6 every year.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In pure Fisherness the Rams will somehow beat the Seahawks this week. The path to 8-8 demands it.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Idk how I missed Von Miller doing the Key and Peele 2 pumps celebration. Reference vid...

Holding the 2 fingers up made it

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
In pure Fisherness the Rams will somehow beat the Seahawks this week. The path to 7-9 demands it.

ftfy

Honestly though, stop Gurley, stop the Rams. Too easy to do when you can stack 8-9 guys near the line every down because you don't fear a downfield strike whatsoever.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Goff starting by week 5, if I was guessing I'd assume we'll be 0-4 by then and Keenum will still be terrible and everyone will be demanding it. (though I bet the real plan is waiting until after the week 8 bye, the real real plan is we're somehow in the playoff hunt and Case starts all year hahahhahahhahahahah)

The real problem obviously starts at the top though. Look, promoting a TE's coach to offensive coordinator then fucking leaving him there after last years aerial dismay, I don't fucking know what world besides Jeff Fisher's that is acceptable.

In that sense I'd rather Goff just get reps this year in live action so when he gets his new shiny coach next year he'll be ready to win some games. (oh who am I kidding, Jeff Fisher will never be fired)

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I think I've found a picture of Fisher's passing coordinator, you can tell because of his hat!

mr_deeds.jpg

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The Packers were stuck between Mediocre and Flat Out Bad for nearly three decades. Everyone simplifies that changing to Favre coming to town, but it was really the combination of him and the Free Agency Era beginning, specifically Reggie White signing and luring other good (and to be honest, Black) players to a white-bread, podunk town in the middle of nowhere.

Your cumulative least terrible teams historically probably are the Steelers and Cowboys, though the sheer length of the Belichick reign probably has the Patriots knocking on the door.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is a fine looking avatar you're sporting.

Thank you kind sir. Heard something on the radio earlier. Missed the first part but I'm guessing the odds coming from Vegas.. Fisher has the best odds of being the first NFL coach to be fired this year

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Packers were stuck between Mediocre and Flat Out Bad for nearly three decades. Everyone simplifies that changing to Favre coming to town, but it was really the combination of him and the Free Agency Era beginning, specifically Reggie White signing and luring other good (and to be honest, Black) players to a white-bread, podunk town in the middle of nowhere.

Your cumulative least terrible teams historically probably are the Steelers and Cowboys, though the sheer length of the Belichick reign probably has the Patriots knocking on the door.

Packers always had black players on the squad. It was actually Vince who got the first major ones there (including several HoF). Even during the shit years we had some high profile (and good) black players on the team (James Lofton is even in the HoF). The change happened when Infante had a couple above average (and very exciting to watch, Cardiac Pack) years and the fans started pressuring the front office to spend money, which led to Ron Wolf and the rest is pretty much well known at this point.

Plus Packers have been around nine decades and really only sucked during two of them (70s and 80s) during which they were at least generally a .500 team. Stealers are in the same boat, but the Cowboys basically had the Tom Landry and Aikman periods. Pats more or less have one random Big Tuna trip and then Brady's career, so they are more like the 49ers than those other three dynasties. Vikes have actually been successful in nearly every decade, just never able to get a ring because the universe hates them (with good reason).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can easily see the Rams being 1-6 or hell 0-7 really before there bye week unless they figure some offense out.

• 1Cutler

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
"Jeff Fisher Was Forced To Draft Jared Goff"

If this is true just lol. What does Jeff Fisher know about QB's? Seriously. He went through all offseason last year pumping up Foles and saying we could win with him. That didn't last long. Now we've gone through another offseason and he's insistent that Case Keenum gives us the best chance at winning football games.

He quite obviously isn't looking for the right things in practice, or practicing the rights things, or I dunno , everything regarding passing offense.

• 1Solidarity