NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Don't be silly how is a dolphin going to stop a lion? Lion wins 9 out of 10.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Don't be silly how is a dolphin going to stop a lion? Lion wins 9 out of 10.
It's simple. Dolphin just lures the lion out into the water and then literally rapes it. Dolphins are after all the ducks of aquatic mammals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Superbowl - Chiefs vs Packers. Rematch of Super Bowl 1, 50 years later.

You heard it here first.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I took the over on the Lions + 49ers combined wins being 12.5 against my Pops. To be honest, my expectations for both franchises is 4-12.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Predictions:

Cam Newton is going to be decent after being lauded as the new "Face of the League". Anyone with a brain knows Luck & Wilson are the much smarter picks.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Predictions:

Cam Newton is going to be decent after being lauded as the new "Face of the League". Anyone with a brain knows Luck & Wilson are the much smarter picks.
I actually think he takes a big step backwards

Out of the those 3, luck is the one who needs to prove the most.
This is actually very true. For the contract he just signed, he needs to start putting up some crazy good numbers and carry his team through some playoff wins.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cam is legit, I think he actually has a better year stat wise this season. KB being back should help his TD passes as well.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I think Cam has a limited window. He simply cant take hits like a running back without having the same career path.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't remember what my bet was with Am but i suspect he's going to lose it.

Remember when I told Burnznub I was trying to save him from himself when he proposed that lifetime ban bet idea? Good thing I took it easy on him.

Giants put up 30+ week 1 and Dak turns into an INT machine as the cowboy fans realize that pre season defense is not regular season Defense and rookie QBs gonna get exposed.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I can't remember what my bet was with Am but i suspect he's going to lose it.

Remember when I told Burnznub I was trying to save him from himself when he proposed that lifetime ban bet idea? Good thing I took it easy on him.

Giants put up 30+ week 1 and Dak turns into an INT machine as the cowboy fans realize that pre season defense is not regular season Defense and rookie QBs gonna get exposed.
Pretty sure it was something along the lines of Romo would play more games than Wentz (or maybe it was Bradford). I'll say that's a bet still worth taking. Saw this from a Dr (profootballdoc):

"The bad news is he’s out a minimum 6 weeks. The good news is there’s no surgery required. This injury heals well on its own and there should be no long term issues."

"If Tony Romo wants to play, this will not end his career. There is no medical indication for forced retirement."

So like most everything else that's happened to Romo, a freak injury. Six weeks out is still Week 5, so he'd only miss 4 games.

Also keep in mind things are slightly different from last year in three key areas.

1. Dez is healthy. He forces teams to respect the pass.
2. Elliot is a clear upgrade to McFadden, both in scheme and skill set. He forces teams to respect the run. (and don't discount Morris either, he's also a better scheme fit)
3. Dak is better than Wheedon. You can bring up preseason all you want but dude did well against one of the best defenses in the NFC in a game where Seattle played their firsts into the 3rd quarter.

It's not going to be perfect, but it's not "sky is falling" either. Giants game will be interesting but it'll probably be closer to 30+ pts on both sides. I call Dan Bailey kicking the game winner in OT.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
GRANTED it is the preseason but carolina dropped WAY too many passes friday.....

prediction : patriots all the way baby!!! i'm thinking 12-4 at worst. (barring major injuries that is)

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
He basically has TY Hilton and you could make a case for 1 of the tight ends and that's about it. The Oline was and continues to be garbage and the defense has only been above bottom 3/4 of the league once since Luck has been there.

I'm not taking away from the other guys but as far as situations, Luck's is by far the worst.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure it was something along the lines of Romo would play more games than Wentz (or maybe it was Bradford). I'll say that's a bet still worth taking. Saw this from a Dr (profootballdoc):

So like most everything else that's happened to Romo, a freak injury. Six weeks out is still Week 5, so he'd only miss 4 games.

Also keep in mind things are slightly different from last year in three key areas.

1. Dez is healthy. He forces teams to respect the pass.
2. Elliot is a clear upgrade to McFadden, both in scheme and skill set. He forces teams to respect the run. (and don't discount Morris either, he's also a better scheme fit)
3. Dak is better than Wheedon. You can bring up preseason all you want but dude did well against one of the best defenses in the NFC in a game where Seattle played their firsts into the 3rd quarter.

It's not going to be perfect, but it's not "sky is falling" either. Giants game will be interesting but it'll probably be closer to 30+ pts on both sides. I call Dan Bailey kicking the game winner in OT.

No romo and predicting 30+ for the Cowboys is extremely bold. Not saying it can't happen, but I would have to say all things being equal it's unlikely.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I just don't have any faith that the Giants' defense is going to be all that much better than they were last year. I mean, they'll improve which is not hard given they were dead last, but Dallas' offense is very against-type in the current NFL landscape. In a time when Offenses are passing more and more and 3-receiver sets are the base, forcing Defenses into the Nickle as their base, Dallas' intention is to run it down your throat. Will the Giants' be able to stop them?

Of course, at the same time, it could be a sloppy low-scoring affair. Eli is very boom-or-bust and Dallas is the one team that managed to hold Beckham in check last year (Gm1: 5 ctch, 44yds, 0 tds, Gm2: 4 ctch, 35 yds, 0 tds). Can they do it again?

Hard to tell through the filter of preseason.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
All your pussy ass bet proposals all had stipulations that nullified the bet if either teams qb was hurt, so any bet with your pussy ass would have been nullified before the season even started, bets only a gigantic pussy philthadelfia fan would come up with.