NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yup - so out this year and have heard it is being optimistic to return sometime in the 2017 season.

I would say he is ready by OTA's. He is young and they have an amazing rehab program. Look at AP :)

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I would say he is ready by OTA's. He is young and they have an amazing rehab program. Look at AP :)

AP is also a freak of nature that likely has alien DNA in him. But if this is a knee dislocation, could be worse than what AP suffered if it involves more ligament tears that accompanies knee dislocations. I'm going to predict he's out 12-15months, but hope there is some AP 'voodoo magic' that cuts it down to OTAs or start of next year's preseason.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Read AP gave him his leg so he's ready for opener and AP will still start as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They set 6 weeks as the minimum time table, which is game 5. He'll be throwing in a couple of weeks since that won't aggravate the injury. If Dak is doing good, I see them possibly letting Romo heal until after the bye week. So figure anywhere from 4-6 games Dak will be under center. Burnem's predication covers that at the very least.

The range is 4-10 weeks which puts it at 2-8 games. Since Romo has played through a herniated disk, transverse process fracture, and fractured ribs with a punctured lung I'm guessing he'll be back closer to the 4 than 10

thefaceless

Golden Squire
Yeah, the Vikings have one problem after another. At least we won't go through the whole season, then only to have Walsh miss a 15 yard field goal in the playoffs.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The range is 4-10 weeks which puts it at 2-8 games. Since Romo has played through a herniated disk, transverse process fracture, and fractured ribs with a punctured lung I'm guessing he'll be back closer to the 4 than 10

And as everyone knows, people heal faster the older they get and more injuries they acquire.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Re: Bridgewater
Knee dislocation can result in a complete disruption in all of the ligamentous structures that stabilize the knee. This includes ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL as well as the medial and lateral menisci and the patellar/quad ligaments. Those are the bone to bone stabilizers. Further injury can occur to the muscular attachments from the quads and hamstrings meaning there could be tendon rupture/tearing as well. In addition to that there could be fractures to the femur, tibia, fibula or patella of both the closed or open variety, with or without displacement of the bone. If of the open variety, infection is a further complication to the recovery. Knee dislocations are often associated with arterial damage to the popliteal artery or nerve damage to the tibial/peroneal nerves.

This is not a common injury at all and is pretty fucking serious. True knee dislocations can be life/limb threatening and while not out of the question, I would be surprised to see him return to football but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Source: Ortho PA specializing in total joint replacement

• 1Solidarity

Hosix

All labs matter!
Knee dislocation can result in a complete disruption in all of the ligamentous structures that stabilize the knee. This includes ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL as well as the medial and lateral menisci and the patellar/quad ligaments. Those are the bone to bone stabilizers. Further injury can occur to the muscular attachments from the quads and hamstrings meaning there could be tendon rupture/tearing as well. In addition to that there could be fractures to the femur, tibia, fibula or patella of both the closed or open variety, with or without displacement of the bone. If of the open variety, infection is a further complication to the recovery. Knee dislocations are often associated with arterial damage to the popliteal artery or nerve damage to the tibial/peroneal nerves.

This is not a common injury at all and is pretty fucking serious. True knee dislocations can be life/limb threatening and while not out of the question, I would be surprised to see him return to football but I'd be happy to be wrong.

That just sounds horrible. Poor guy.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With Diggs and Treadwell, that team is made for a deep ball passer who can playaction off of AP....but at this point idk who is really available on short notice.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
With Diggs and Treadwell, that team is made for a deep ball passer who can playaction off of AP....but at this point idk who is really available on short notice.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F0730%2Fmag_manziel_800.jpg

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

Basically the summation I got and made earlier. They are very vague about the "knee dislocation" and "other structural issues." Lots of media is portraying this as a acl tear when it is possibly much, much worse. This is in no way similar to APs injury. No doubt he'll make a recovery, but will likely be over a year (talking 2 years to be back 100% if he blew all ligaments, tendons, and meniscus issues) and he still may never see the field again.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Basically the summation I got and made earlier. They are very vague about the "knee dislocation" and "other structural issues." Lots of media is portraying this as a acl tear when it is possibly much, much worse. This is in no way similar to APs injury. No doubt he'll make a recovery, but will likely be over a year (talking 2 years to be back 100% if he blew all ligaments, tendons, and meniscus issues) and he still may never see the field again.

It's a shitty situation and I imagine the mechanism was pretty ugly to see. See these more frequently with serious car accidents where the knee has collapsed under contact with the dashboard pushing the lower leg back while momentum pushes the body and upper leg forward. In this case I'm speculating it was hyperextension of the knee as he came down on it and basically the toes touched the thigh. Shit don't bend that way.