NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Woot! Our quarterback has learned well from our past master - the Catler!

Another interception for the Giraffe!

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I guess we need to quadruple cover Cooper, jesus. Thankfully its almost all backups out there right now, but they aren't looking good.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Hey, I did not know we picked up Tampa Bay's second round rejected kicker.

He'll definitely make the team now...

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Fuck Vegas, lol

9SkMkPe.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
bears going to the super bowl.

mitch trubisky is the next aaron rodgers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like this sums up what to expect from the 49ers this year.

• 2Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Denver didn't play 7 of their 11 defensive starters and we still had 5 turnovers.

Hoyer is in for a battle of the ages against Tommy Boy in Super Bowl LII.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know its pre-season but the Chargers managed to get down by 10 in the first couple minutes of the first quarter. I know its second and third string guys but that doesn't bode well for a team this injury prone.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I actually thought both Hoyer and Beathard looked decent in the second preseason game. I was more concerned about the lack of a running game than anything else. At least 3 of those turnovers were kind of weird, flukey things that aren't going to happen all in one game very often. The ball coming out of Hoyer's hand was pretty ugly but the INT wasn't his fault at all and was more of a great play by the defender grabbing the ball while the receiver was bobbling it. The pass hit the guy in the hands and if there was justice in the world the receiver would have gotten the INT instead of Hoyer.

It was refreshing to me to see guys making quick reads and accurate throws. That's something we didn't see much of during the Kaepernick era. Pass protection was great, but that will happen when all the other team's pass rushers are sitting on the bench.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Cowboys QB Cooper Rush is 17/20 196 yards 3 TD and 0 INT for a passer rating of 147.08

So Dallas has the reigning rookie of the year, the winningest college football QB ever, and the next Dak Prescott heading into this season.

Has any team ever sent 3 QBs to the Pro Bowl? They'll obviously be exempt from playing in it, but still

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 7 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Cowboys QB Cooper Rush is 17/20 196 yards 3 TD and 0 INT for a passer rating of 147.08

So Dallas has the reigning rookie of the year, the winningest college football QB ever, and the next Dak Prescott heading into this season.

Has any team ever sent 3 QBs to the Pro Bowl? They'll obviously be exempt from playing in it, but still

Co-MVPs?

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
so I tried to watch a pre-season game in like 4 years or something and they are still so fucking bad I only managed almost a quarter of the Colts Cowboys. Why is this crap even on tv? And the pre-game hype. Jesus. they made it sound like it was a super bowl or something. Just cut the pre-season to 2 games and be done with it.

• 2Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
so I tried to watch a pre-season game in like 4 years or something and they are still so fucking bad I only managed almost a quarter of the Colts Cowboys. Why is this crap even on tv? And the pre-game hype. Jesus. they made it sound like it was a super bowl or something. Just cut the pre-season to 2 games and be done with it.

The announcers just say things like "Not that it fucking matters" after awesome plays and just call a lot of the 3rd stringers "some guy" while taking unannounced bathroom and snack breaks that's only discernible because there's 0 commentary for several minutes at a time randomly throughout the game. Probably limiting most of the commentary just be random non-football related conversations and then turn to mocking the viewers for still watching the 4th quarter of a pre-season game would be more appropriate

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am sure it is going to get cut down to 2 pre-season games within the next few years.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am sure it is going to get cut down to 2 pre-season games within the next few years.

And then when the first turnover occurs in week 1, we will have to listen to some dumbass announcer say, "Obviously they aren't as ready as normal because there were only 2 preseason games."

• 2Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

I coulda swore that in the situation where both teams had penalties, personal fouls trumped all the rest. In that case it was 2 holdings, a block in the back, and a personal foul by one team; and a holding by the other. The only way the personal foul can be canceled out is by another personal foul, right? Did that rule change, or was this not a real personal foul? Or do we chalk this up to "It's pre-season for the refs too"?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I coulda swore that in the situation where both teams had penalties, personal fouls trumped all the rest. In that case it was 2 holdings, a block in the back, and a personal foul by one team; and a holding by the other. The only way the personal foul can be canceled out is by another personal foul, right? Did that rule change, or was this not a real personal foul? Or do we chalk this up to "It's pre-season for the refs too"?

Types of penalties don't cancel out only other penalties of the same type. So the refs didn't do anything wrong here. Personal fouls don't 'trump' all others.