NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Szeth

Trakanon Raider

haha, shit like this though is part of the reason the Rams let him go, even if he is a far superior player to TJ.

I'll be at the game (I live on the east coast) so this is only good for my first live Rams game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's seems more likely that BB is on a retirement clock and when Brady finally gives out, Bill is off to his sailboat.

I would definitely like to know what Belichick was thinking. Why he didn't trade him in the off-season, and why he did it for less compensation mid-season. Maybe he figured if Brady gets hurt in the first half of the season Garappolo could keep them in it until he got back but if he gets hurt now the season is fucked anyway.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I would definitely like to know what Belichick was thinking. Why he didn't trade him in the off-season, and why he did it for less compensation mid-season. Maybe he figured if Brady gets hurt in the first half of the season Garappolo could keep them in it until he got back but if he gets hurt now the season is fucked anyway.

Was someone willing to trade him for more than the top 2nd round pick? It seems insane to me that someone would trade a 1st rounder for him

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I feel compelled to remind this thread that Alex Smith has the second most passing yards in this league and zero interceptions. He is the literal MVP of the NFL halfway through. I feel like I've kinda earned the right to gloat about this since I've been an Alex homer since day one. So, fuck you, go Chiefs, and go Alex.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Brock Osweiler Reportedly Will Be Broncos QB vs. Eagles over Trevor Siemian

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel compelled to remind this thread that Alex Smith has the second most passing yards in this league and zero interceptions. He is the literal MVP of the NFL halfway through. I feel like I've kinda earned the right to gloat about this since I've been an Alex homer since day one. So, fuck you, go Chiefs, and go Alex.

I'd say he's in a dead heat with Wentz right now.

Also how the fuck is Houston 3-4 with what Watson is doing? I know they lost Watt and Merciless on D but jfc.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Also how the fuck is Houston 3-4 with what Watson is doing? I know they lost Watt and Merciless on D but jfc.

I wondered the same thing after sunday's game with the Hawks. If I had to guess its a combo of a banged up/not that good of a defense and a young QB who despite his numbers is still young and still making rookie mistakes.

Merrith

The prison jumper is about as common as the Top Gun costume at the shitty costume stores.

Merrith

I wondered the same thing after sunday's game with the Hawks. If I had to guess its a combo of a banged up/not that good of a defense and a young QB who despite his numbers is still young and still making rookie mistakes.

Yeah looking back at the Seattle game, he did throw 3 picks with the 4 TD's (one a pick 6). Just crazy him and Wilson both had 450+ combined yards.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It's painful to say this, but how would Brady not be leading this thing right now? Unlike the other 2, he's pretty much the only thing his team has going for them

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Was someone willing to trade him for more than the top 2nd round pick? It seems insane to me that someone would trade a 1st rounder for him

I don't know. Somebody said that a couple pages back in this thread and I did not verify it. It's a thing with quarterbacks, if somebody is a legit franchise quarterback, you would be smart to trade your entire draft for him. If you do and you're wrong though, people will mock you for years as evidenced in this thread for multiple teams.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

It's painful to say this, but how would Brady not be leading this thing right now? Unlike the other 2, he's pretty much the only thing his team has going for them

Still have Gronk and Cooks, their usual stable of RB's that BB uses in ways meant to intentionally piss off fantasy owners...and their D has quietly seemed to right the ship the last couple weeks after being hot garbage early in the season.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I still think the Steelers are the team to beat in the AFC.

• 1Barf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I still think the Steelers are the team to beat in the AFC.

Don't worry. They'll lose against a bottom feeder (at least two) before the season is out to make people question them.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>

No. The Patriots weren’t even taking calls on him this past off-season, as referenced by Lynch in his conference yesterday.

The Pats believed they could get a bridge deal done for 3 years with Jimmy G, that failed, and Belichick faced the real possibility of losing him to free agency and only getting a 3rd round compensatory pick. So they traded him, reports here are Don Yee told the Browns ownership he wouldn’t sign a deal there and they’d be forced to franchise him to keep him. That forced NE to call SF.

A lot of speculating that Belichick was ready to let Brady walk and Kraft stepped in saying that Tom was going to finish his career in NE regardless. So more of an ownership call to cut Garoppollo loose than belichicks call.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
If all that is true then I think the Niners got a great deal. If Belichick thought he was going to be the future then it's easily worth a 2nd rounder to find out what he can do. It's a shitty situation throwing him out there with half the starters on an already mediocre o-line injured though.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If all that is true then I think the Niners got a great deal. If Belichick thought he was going to be the future then it's easily worth a 2nd rounder to find out what he can do. It's a shitty situation throwing him out there with half the starters on an already mediocre o-line injured though.
I am actually hoping they wait until after the bye week to let him start. That gives him couple weeks to get up to speed, and all the starting OLine should be back. At least their starting tackles aren't terrible.