NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The injuries this year are crazy. By the playoffs whatever team still has a quarterback is going to the superbowl.

Armin

Peasant
Ya, something very odd about how this has played out. First he would be ready for game 1, then didn't practice until week 3 or 4. Practiced once and now he is out for the year.

That was Irsay stringing the Indianapolis fanbase along during ticket renewal season. I'm only half kidding.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that truly sucks.... they went from being a contender in the South to out of the race.
Shit they should look on the bright side. Everyone knew they weren't winning it all this year. But now they know they have their QB of the future, they can lose more games this year to improve their draft pick, and just improve for next year!

Silver linings and all.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Instead you want to use a first round pick on an unproven QB. Garappolo has played more in the NFL and well than anyone in the draft. Its always a gamble.
How is Garappolo any more proven than a 2nd rounder? 90 snaps suddenly means he's great? We saw how good Cassell looked in the same system and what did he do outside of it? Exactly.

Plus, the 49ers absolutely do not have the pieces in place like the Patriots do to facilitate success. Our offensive line is hot garbage, our WRs are young/not good, and our defense has about 47 holes that need to be filled.

I absolutely hope that I'm proven wrong and get to eat my words at a later date, but I'd have much preferred we saved the pick as a bargaining chip to land Cousins or somebody far more proven.

• 1Picard

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
How is Garappolo any more proven than a 2nd rounder? 90 snaps suddenly means he's great? We saw how good Cassell looked in the same system and what did he do outside of it? Exactly.

Plus, the 49ers absolutely do not have the pieces in place like the Patriots do to facilitate success. Our offensive line is hot garbage, our WRs are young/not good, and our defense has about 47 holes that need to be filled.

I absolutely hope that I'm proven wrong and get to eat my words at a later date, but I'd have much preferred we saved the pick as a bargaining chip to land Cousins or somebody far more proven.

Well 90 snaps is 90 more than anyone coming out of college. Plus you have 8 games to evaluate him. Its an amazing deal. Hes getting paid peanuts for evaluation.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shit they should look on the bright side. Everyone knew they weren't winning it all this year. But now they know they have their QB of the future, they can lose more games this year to improve their draft pick, and just improve for next year!

Silver linings and all.

Though rare these days there is always the chance he isn't as athletic following the surgery

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Like I said the 49ers landing Jimmy G was John Lynchs first master stroke. Low risk, high upside, whilst also listening to the fan base realizing what was on the field at the position currently was unacceptable.

He might not do much at all, and be average. That's fine we can franchise him and give him a real shake while stockpiling picks.

I have more hope for Jimmy than I did for Kap when I found out he was going to be our starter.

Jimmy can make plays from the pocket. The 49ers haven't had a decent down the field passer since Steve Young, and he was also an elite running threat and could kill you outside the pocket as well.

He is no Steve Young but if he gets time I think he will be able to move the ball and be a pretty good starter on a bad team.

He can't be worse than Hoyer or that other terrible rookie they have been trotting out there.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Though rare these days there is always the chance he isn't as athletic following the surgery

On the bright side he was doing a lot of the damage with his arm. They should not rush him back next year though, let him rehab and heal fully. Plus sometimes it takes an extra year to really come back from acl...they might want to give themselves the chance at better draft position this year and next before he'll really come back at full strength

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Well 90 snaps is 90 more than anyone coming out of college. Plus you have 8 games to evaluate him. Its an amazing deal. Hes getting paid peanuts for evaluation.

Plus you have the fact that Bill Belichick has been around him for 2.5 years and wanted to make him their next QB. Bill hasn't seen him in many games, but he's watched him in practice a shitload and that's a pretty strong recommendation if the rumors are true.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Plus you have the fact that Bill Belichick has been around him for 2.5 years and wanted to make him their next QB. Bill hasn't seen him in many games, but he's watched him in practice a shitload and that's a pretty strong recommendation if the rumors are true.

He sure didnt seem happy to lose him but there was no way he was staying and not playing for 10million when he can start for 20.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Jesus Christ. They're going to have to sign 20 guys off the street just to get through the rest of the season.