NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Sterling

El Presidente
Not like they need him against the Lolphins.
Whatever people want to say about Tannehill, he's played behind this terrible offensive line basically his whole career, Cutler struggles with it. It's real frustrating to watch, they have good receivers, good pass rush, they have some good parts, but they never fix the line so they're just mediocre every year.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Whatever people want to say about Tannehill, he's played behind this terrible offensive line basically his whole career, Cutler struggles with it. It's real frustrating to watch, they have good receivers, good pass rush, they have some good parts, but they never fix the line so they're just mediocre every year.
Yeah a lot of teams have this problem. It comes down to good staff and money. The good coaches/GMs build quality lines and QB first in my opinion. Those that flounder dont.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah a lot of teams have this problem. It comes down to good staff and money. The good coaches/GMs build quality lines and QB first in my opinion. Those that flounder dont.
McVay coming in and replacing Greg Suckingson with Whitworth and our center not in the league anymore with Sullivan has worked out pretty well. Sucks Whitworth is getting up there in age.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, kimo was trying to sack him. He got to him right as he was throwing and his head was down so not like he could see the release. I just rewatched the play to make sure my memory was accurate. Only a massively biased homer would think he was crawling over to tear his ACL.
Tenks is a fair weather fan who only posts much when a) the Bengals are doing well or b) to cry about the Steelers.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting stat from Niners game.

Garoppogoat threw for 293 yards like I was saying before, which is a rarity for 49er qbs playing from the pocket.

I said I haven't seen that since Jeff Garcia and Ambi trolled and said since Blaine Gabbert...lol.

He might have thrown for 300 but they probably lost that game and it wasn't as impressive as what Jimmy did. He lead the Niners to TEN 3rd down conversions...10! The most by the 49ers since 2007.

The guy is fucking good. Gabbert probably has less than 10 3rd down conversions in his career.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>

Garoppogoat threw for 293 yards like I was saying before, which is a rarity for 49er qbs playing from the pocket.

I said I haven't seen that since Jeff Garcia and Ambi trolled and said since Blaine Gabbert...lol.

He might have thrown for 300 but they probably lost that game and it wasn't as impressive as what Jimmy did. He lead the Niners to TEN 3rd down conversions...10! The most by the 49ers since 2007.

The guy is fucking good. Gabbert probably has less than 10 3rd down conversions in his career.
It was against the Bears.

The players have checked out from the coaching staff. For all those third down conversions, the defense was not modifying their play at all.

Hell, we can create a team from this board as a whole and probably beat the Bears!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Bears are actually a decent defensive team this year, though. You're just basing that on the past. They're not world beaters but they're slightly above average in many metrics. It's not like the 49ers were playing the Colts or something.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
From what I have seen:

The defense started out pretty good. But as Glennon floundered, the defense slid in response, especially since they were spending more time on the field than the offense. Then the quarterback switch to Trubisky and the defense perked up again. One aspect I have seen over the years is whenever a player has a flash of brilliance, the coaching staff eventually reels that player into how "they" want things done. Trubisky starts off his career: scans the field, finds nobody open, and takes off running. Or bootlegs and throws all over. But now he appears more restricted to the pocket - he is taking more sacks. Yes, he still has his moments of running, but he seems hesitant. The same for Jordan Howard - first year, finds an opening and bruises his way through for yardage. This year appears, "This is the play and you will run the play as it was designed." Howard slams into piles and hopes for the best. Only Cohen still seems to think on his own and makes something out of nothing.

Anyway, it appears to me the defense again has slid in response because the offense seems more handcuffed now. All those third down conversions the 49ers were making appeared very similar to how Peyton Manning beat the Bears in the Super Bowl - throw just beyond ten yards down the middle and the gap will be there. The safeties play deep to avoid getting burned. The linebackers play close to avoid the run. The coaches have changed, but the style remains.

And the players are checked out. Watching John Fox on the sidelines is like watching an old man walking towards the bathroom, confused whether he already has or will shit his pants...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
From what I have seen:

The defense started out pretty good. But as Glennon floundered, the defense slid in response, especially since they were spending more time on the field than the offense. Then the quarterback switch to Trubisky and the defense perked up again. One aspect I have seen over the years is whenever a player has a flash of brilliance, the coaching staff eventually reels that player into how "they" want things done. Trubisky starts off his career: scans the field, finds nobody open, and takes off running. Or bootlegs and throws all over. But now he appears more restricted to the pocket - he is taking more sacks. Yes, he still has his moments of running, but he seems hesitant. The same for Jordan Howard - first year, finds an opening and bruises his way through for yardage. This year appears, "This is the play and you will run the play as it was designed." Howard slams into piles and hopes for the best. Only Cohen still seems to think on his own and makes something out of nothing.

Anyway, it appears to me the defense again has slid in response because the offense seems more handcuffed now. All those third down conversions the 49ers were making appeared very similar to how Peyton Manning beat the Bears in the Super Bowl - throw just beyond ten yards down the middle and the gap will be there. The safeties play deep to avoid getting burned. The linebackers play close to avoid the run. The coaches have changed, but the style remains.

And the players are checked out. Watching John Fox on the sidelines is like watching an old man walking towards the bathroom, confused whether he already has or will shit his pants...

I'm crying because I just can't laugh at this. Who knew I'd be wishing for the days of the sex cannon again (not him specifically) but at least we were competitive for a good stretch.

• 1Cutler

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Gabbert threw for 354 yards and the win against a team with a much better win/loss record.

Gabbert > Garoppolo

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gabbert threw for 354 yards and the win against a team with a much better win/loss record.

Gabbert > Garoppolo

354 1 TD and 1 pick against Jeff Fisher. Garbage tier. Hell Kaep threw for 340 and 2 TD's earlier that season and beat the Ravens before all of their injuries.

Garoppolo next Montana confirmed.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
354 1 TD and 1 pick against Jeff Fisher. Garbage tier. Hell Kaep threw for 340 and 2 TD's earlier that season and beat the Ravens before all of their injuries.

Garoppolo next Montana confirmed.

I guess we'll see. Garoppolo needs to average over 430 passing yards a game to match Gabbert's historic first season starting for the 49ers.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess we'll see. Garoppolo needs to average over 430 passing yards a game to match Gabbert's historic first season starting for the 49ers.

Only if we're ignoring per game rates. Gabbert managed to average a whopping 253.9 y/g that first year with the Niners. Still that does look like Brady numbers compared to the 154 y/g he managed last year with them.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What's amusing is the owners resigned him because they want consistency for the next negotiations. They may derail themselves.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Ambi is just a hating ass faggot who is salted the Cowboys are a dumpster fire.

Garoppogoat is better than Dak Prescott.

Truly feel bad for Cowboy fans, their once dominant o line is deteriorating, Dez Bryant is washed, Witten is about to retire, their coach is a lame duck, and Zeke will be overused next season and will turn into a has been by 2019.

Prescott is an average QB who hasn't done anything but regress. Their defense looks hopeless, basically zero play makers. The 49ers will be a better team by 2019.

Last edited:

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Ambi is just a hating ass faggot who is salted the Cowboys are a dumpster fire.

Garoppogoat is better than Dak Prescott.

Truly feel bad for Cowboy fans, their once dominant o line is deteriorating, Dez Bryant is washed, Witten is about to retire, their coach is a lame duck, and Zeke will be overused next season and will turn into a has been by 2019.

Prescott is an average QB who hasn't done anything but regress. Their defense looks hopeless, basically zero play makers. The 49ers will be a better team by 2019.

When you say better team... is this based on record alone? Because if so I think I will take that bet. The NFC West is a pretty young division. I can't see the Rams or Seahawks regressing a ton in the next two years, and as such you've got at least 4 games a year against tough opponents.

Jozu

I was being more of an asshole than anything as Ambi often likes to torment me with trolling posts so I was just fucking with him.

But the reality is the 49ers are going to get another top 5 pick in the draft, as well as having a number of additional quality picks from trades from last year (they fleeced the Bears on draft day, and then beat them and the guy they drafted with their traded pick, lol).

Solomon Thomas hasn't been a world beater but he has played well and will be a starter in this league for years. Rueben Foster, if he caan stay healthy, has potential to be the best ILB in football.

Now they have a QB. So they can focus on skill position players and olinemen in next year's draft.

The Cowboys on the other hand don't have nearly as much draft capital and will have a mid round pick they might or might not hit on. Prescott looks average and Zekes body will start to break down by 2019 if they continue to give him all those carries.