NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
How do you figure? The Texans came the worst in the entire deal.

I can't believe he was so bad that cleveland cut him.

Elway has the last laugh when brock wins super bowl MVP this year.

Because Bill never wanted him. It was the GM/Management suppossedly and it caused a lot of strife and rumors they might part ways over it.

Armin

Peasant
Read somewhere that the concussion Cravens took last year has caused him to need prescription eyeglasses for the first time. No fucking wonder he's talking retirement.

A few things...I really doubt this sport exists in anything resembling its current form in 25 years, and fans need to stop bitching about guys like Aaron Donald going after every dime they can.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No one cares about AD getting as much as he can, we care if his agent is trying to strong arm an opt out into his contract because that shit just isn't done. I don't blame AD, I blame the retarded CBA the players signed.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Read somewhere that the concussion Cravens took last year has caused him to need prescription eyeglasses for the first time. No fucking wonder he's talking retirement.

A few things...I really doubt this sport exists in anything resembling its current form in 25 years, and fans need to stop bitching about guys like Aaron Donald going after every dime they can.

Reports on whether or not he actually needs eyeglasses permanently are pretty murky. If he does retire it sucks, but I'm not going to jump on a guy for worrying about his health when he's already had a concussion.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All of these guys are pussies.

I like that attitude of that rookie that said there's no better place to die than on an NFL field. Earl Campbell must of had 87 concussions during his playing days.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brisset sucked.
Pats traded Jacoby Brissett (3rd string QB) to Colts for WR Phillip Dorsett. Guess Bill didn't like his WR options /w Edelman out?

I don't get this. He won't be going in the slot. He is the 5th receiver (Gronk I include in here) at best. To give up your depth at QB? And although he was the third string guy, he was...OK.

I guess we will see what Hogan truly has.

Merrith

All of these guys are pussies.

I like that attitude of that rookie that said there's no better place to die than on an NFL field. Earl Campbell must of had 87 concussions during his playing days.

In general I'll never dog a guy for caring about his long term health. When your "hero" is Sean Taylor and you wear 36 to honor him though...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Brisset sucked.

I don't get this. He won't be going in the slot. He is the 5th receiver (Gronk I include in here) at best. To give up your depth at QB? And although he was the third string guy, he was...OK.

He'll probably be doing returns as well.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Reports on whether or not he actually needs eyeglasses permanently are pretty murky. If he does retire it sucks, but I'm not going to jump on a guy for worrying about his health when he's already had a concussion.

reading up on this a bit but sounds like he does need to hang it up. Seems like he has been thinking about this since getting hurt playing for USC.

Washington puts Su’a Cravens on the “left squad” list

Last edited:

Jozu

It's definitely turning into a trend, starting with Chris Borland a couple years ago. Borland was one of the first rookies to just outright retire unexpectedly, citing health concerns.

Since then more young players have opted to hang em' up. There has to be some kind of real downside to playing certain positions to leave all that money on the table. No talented young player with the capacity to rack in 10+ million garaunteed doing the thing he loves would turn away from that unless his closest advisors and family/friends were worried and convinced them it isn't worth the money.

Look at a guy like Anquan Boldin. Might be the toughest player I have ever watched during my lifetime at the WR position. Dude got his face rearranged and still came back, and came back to be effective for many years. All signs point to him being able to live a long post career life without being disabled.

I believe it's more about the system you play in, the asmount of snaps you take, and what position you play rather than just saying the entire sport is tainted because of risk levels concerning mental damage.

Mike Singletary lit up more guys than I can care to count, and he was involved in a TON of brutal collisions during an era where the rules were still ruthless for the most part. He was a terrible head coach, but it wasn't because he has dementia or is compromised mentally. The guy speaks clearly and with purpose, his faculties are obviously intact.

Other unfortunate players do suffer from CTE and end up being cripple by 50 years old. I think there needs to be more research before we say the NFL is finished because of brain related injury.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
4 of the pats players that got cut yesterday, got signed off of waivers

rookie Carr(almost made team), TE o'shaughnessy , moore and mcdermot

Merrith

4 of the pats players that got cut yesterday, got signed off of waivers

rookie Carr(almost made team), TE o'shaughnessy , moore and mcdermot

Yeah, Skins lost 3 I think that they wanted on practice squad. No surprise Philly signed our 3rd string QB. Just trying to get info for Week 1.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brisset sucked.

That trade also involves the Cyrus jones injury. Amendola is basically their only decent punt returner. But he is also made of glass. So amendola likely sees fewer snaps at receiver and more on special teams.

Also hogan goes for 900 yards and 10 tads this year. He is sneaky fast, and will probably be matched up against third corners, since gronk and cooks will both likely draws doubles.

Jozu

Yea Hogan is going to have a big year. I can see him grabbing 85 balls and at least 7 tds. Brady will manufacture drives in unfavorable situations giving Hogan more reps, getting lost behind the defense.

For some reason the Patriots know how to turn average talent diminutive white guys into Erick Deckers. Danny Whitehead was a factor in that offense ffs.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That trade also involves the Cyrus jones injury. Amendola is basically their only decent punt returner. But he is also made of glass. So amendola likely sees fewer snaps at receiver and more on special teams.

Also hogan goes for 900 yards and 10 tads this year. He is sneaky fast, and will probably be matched up against third corners, since gronk and cooks will both likely draws doubles.
10 tds? Seems insanely optimistic.

Even with Gronk hurt last year it took all of the Patriots white boys combined (Edelman, Hogan, and Amendola) just to get to 11 tds. Patriots throw to their TEs in the red zone, so unless Gronk gets hurt again I dont see it.