NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

That's brutal. But I really feel for the dude. imo, it looks like he was trying to make sure he hit diggs so he caromed and went down inbounds thus ending the game. It was FG range after all. They above all could not let him get out of bounds.

Of course, the fact Diggs was able to make the catch in the first place is another issue. Oh, the bitter tears that NO shall shed over this game for the next decade.

gotta add an edit: as a long suffering Browns fan, I am going to blame defensive coach. I would wager good money, NO def coach sent in word, sure let them catch, but don't let them then traipse out of bounds to stop clock w/ 2 seconds. I bet that was a coaches call. But of course, Williams also could have hit the hitstick too quick.

edit 2: scratch the above. Diggs was still 3-4 yards inbounds. If Williams' goal was to make sure of an inbounds stop and end of game, he could have just stood underneath him and caught him as he came down and game over. In other words, Williams rangered in and got early aggro and ate the catch and the mob went straight for the healers, err, endzone. what a fuckin game.

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
You know the one team the officials of Minneapolis don't want in the superbowl is....... the vikings. As fans they want it, but they don't in their official capacity.

Due to all the lost revenue.

Vikings make the SB=less hotel rooms filled, less restaurants used, etc. Cuz about 1/4 to a half of the Vikings fans will......just stay home until the game.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I hoped I'd wake up this morning without feeling like I was gut punched after that lost. Turns out that no matter how many losses your team accumulates over the years (as a Saints fan in the 80's and 90's that was a shit load), it still doesn't prepare you for a game to go down like that.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Stat of the day:

Jags have won more games this season than they have in the past three seasons combined

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There should be a fucking rule that if you already scored and it's basically the biggest play in franchise history that you can take off your damn helmet without a flag.

They all thought the game was over. I have a feeling the rule where they have to try the extra point for no reason will be changed this offseason

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Also, pissed off Saints fan, can't say I blame him either. I'm still kinda shocked and I'm not a fan for either team.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know what the stealers were thinking with that squib kick at the end of the game? I mean, I know it was a stupidly long shot, but that seemed like the worst option. Did they give up or did the kicker just not hit the ball well?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also, pissed off Saints fan, can't say I blame him either. I'm still kinda shocked and I'm not a fan for either team.

It was probably a new TV and the saints were losing every time he watched a game on it. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and get rid of shit with bad juju like that.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone know what the stealers were thinking with that squib kick at the end of the game? I mean, I know it was a stupidly long shot, but that seemed like the worst option. Did they give up or did the kicker just not hit the ball well?

I think that was actually the best choice out of all the shitty options. An onside kick gives you no time to do anything after. If you pop it up high in the air they can fair catch it. Out of the end zone and they just kneel down. So, you squib it in the hopes the guy won't get a clean grab on the ball.

Still, I don't think the kicking team can return the ball on the kickoff, anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter (though not 100% sure about that). The only way they could have scored is if the returner touched it and the kicking team recovered it in the end zone, which still makes the squib the best option.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I blame the saints DC more than a rook DB. At 14 secs they called a TO. At 10 secs he basically has man coverage where only a TD wins it for Minnesota. Why they didn't have 6 DBs back deep around the 25-35 is mind-blowing. No TOs left, no other real options. You would think he was the rook.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
probably posted here already but it made me chuckle

fUzlCpF.jpg

also, now that NO is out I'm just happy that we didn't get the Pats vs Saints SB. That would have been a colossal shit show. Imagine all the Katrina mentions, they would have probably wheeled out Gleason at some point and all the media would have collectively cum whilst teary eyed.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You know the one team the officials of Minneapolis don't want in the superbowl is....... the vikings. As fans they want it, but they don't in their official capacity.

Due to all the lost revenue.

Vikings make the SB=less hotel rooms filled, less restaurants used, etc. Cuz about 1/4 to a half of the Vikings fans will......just stay home until the game.

I don't think it would make that much of a difference. People going to the SB would be partying - especially Vikings fans in search of their first SB win. Vikings territory also covers massive ground. It's not like every Vikings fan lives within MSP city limits. And I don't think fans of either team really make up a large amount of the people going to the SB anyway. It's a ton of corporate sponsorship bullshit. That's why people say the energy at SBs is awful.

• 2Solidarity