NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I don't think it would make that much of a difference. People going to the SB would be partying - especially Vikings fans in search of their first SB win. Vikings territory also covers massive ground. It's not like every Vikings fan lives within MSP city limits. And I don't think fans of either team really make up a large amount of the people going to the SB anyway. It's a ton of corporate sponsorship bullshit. That's why people say the energy at SBs is awful.

I agree. Plus there's a reasonable argument that Vikings fans from across the northland are more likely to travel to MSP in the dead of winter over fans from somewhere else. The locals will ensure all the non-game festivities are well attended too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I figured it out. Williams is a Tesla driverless football player. We see demonstrated here classic form. Textbook, but unfortunately his GPS device was just off by 2 yrds. Engineers are working on tweaking the algorithm.
diggs-sequence1-superJumbo.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I agree. Plus there's a reasonable argument that Vikings fans from across the northland are more likely to travel to MSP in the dead of winter over fans from somewhere else. The locals will ensure all the non-game festivities are well attended too.

which is why i said half to a 1/4th would stay home... the other half to 3/4 party. but that would put revenue down vs a true neutral site revenue where 99% of the people have to travel.

lets just say vikings make it and "half" of the tickets sold are to vikings fans, of that half -half (so 1/4th of the tickets sold)travel to the game on friday or saturday. since they are in the minneapolis environs, most don't fly, most don't rent a car. hotel room check restaurants check, the experience check

other quarter of the tickets sold live within 3hr of the game and just go gameday and or saturday before for the game day experience(then go home again)- according to the stats 70k seating- almost 18000 people - don't go to a restaurant more than twice, don't rent a hotel, don't fly don't rent a car etc. it'll amount to a few million in lost revenue for the town.

and that jags comment, damn boy, never ever give the other team billboard material... look at the freaking steelers for that for your game yesterday.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyone know what the stealers were thinking with that squib kick at the end of the game? I mean, I know it was a stupidly long shot, but that seemed like the worst option. Did they give up or did the kicker just not hit the ball well?

What other options are there? The only way they can win is by recovering the ball in the end zone or having the Jags fumble and then return it to the end zone.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
which is why i said half to a 1/4th would stay home... the other half to 3/4 party. but that would put revenue down vs a true neutral site revenue where 99% of the people have to travel.

lets just say vikings make it and "half" of the tickets sold are to vikings fans, of that half -half (so 1/4th of the tickets sold)travel to the game on friday or saturday. since they are in the minneapolis environs, most don't fly, most don't rent a car. hotel room check restaurants check, the experience check

other quarter of the tickets sold live within 3hr of the game and just go gameday and or saturday before for the game day experience(then go home again)- according to the stats 70k seating- almost 18000 people - don't go to a restaurant more than twice, don't rent a hotel, don't fly don't rent a car etc. it'll amount to a few million in lost revenue for the town.

and that jags comment, damn boy, never ever give the other team billboard material... look at the freaking steelers for that for your game yesterday.

Right, because half the people that go to the Super Bowl are home town fans of one team and the other half are home town fans of the other team. Have you ever even seen a Super Bowl?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

It depends. I think you are over estimating potential one time profit. Any somewhat competent marketer can see the potential for multiple activities and events focused on the locals. People always over estimate the financial short term impacts and forget the damages visitors bring with them as well. Corporations buy a ton of tickets and these people are there to be seen at the event, not to bring business to the town. They get group discounts, stay only as long as needed, and then jet back home. There is also a question of how much of that extra money goes back to any part of Minnesota? There aren't extras taxes imposed. Businesses don't hire lots of employees for a one time event. Sure, airports, hotels, and restaurants get a little more money. Minneapolis doesn't really see any of that though do they?

I'm sure Minnesota officials would be much happier with the possibility of long term financial opportunities from a Vikings win than be upset that a few hotels and restaurants didn't get as much traffic as hoped.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That game was unbelievable.Case Keenum is on the precipice of bringing this Vikings team to a Super Bowl at home, and have his name etched next to Fran Fucking Tarkenton. I cant believe that Diggs got free, football is fucking crazy.

When the Saints hit that field goal I thought the Vikings fucked it up again and then the football gods came out of nowhere to banish Drew Brees and the Saints. What a fucking throw and catch. But Diggs' athleticism was unbelievable to go up and catch that ball near two defenders, turn and score to win a game in that situation. One of the most unexpected endings to a knockout game in history, if the Vikings go to the Super Bowl it will be because of this play.

I feel happy for Vikings fans I think they deserve a victory like that to scrub the stink of all the previous failures in their playoff adventures, which are perhaps more extraordinary than any other team in NFL history. They lost what 3 Super Bowls in the span of 4 years? And then the Farve game. So much fail it looked like it was bound to happen again but maybe it has to wait a week, or its the start of something special.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That game was unbelievable.Case Keenum is on the precipice of bringing this Vikings team to a Super Bowl at home, and have his name etched next to Fran Fucking Tarkenton. I cant believe that Diggs got free, football is fucking crazy.

When the Saints hit that field goal I thought the Vikings fucked it up again and then the football gods came out of nowhere to banish Drew Brees and the Saints. What a fucking throw and catch. But Diggs' athleticism was unbelievable to go up and catch that ball near two defenders, turn and score to win a game in that situation. One of the most unexpected endings to a knockout game in history, if the Vikings go to the Super Bowl it will be because of this play.

I feel happy for Vikings fans I think they deserve a victory like that to scrub the stink of all the previous failures in their playoff adventures, which are perhaps more extraordinary than any other team in NFL history. They lost what 3 Super Bowls in the span of 4 years? And then the Farve game. So much fail it looked like it was bound to happen again but maybe it has to wait a week, or its the start of something special.

I think Bills losing 4 straight Super Bowls to the NFC East beats out the Vikings

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea that had to be devastating as a fan to get to the big dance 4 straight fucking times and lose every single one, in all kinds of different ways possible. The AFC was weak during that era compared to the NFC, the Broncos were starting to fade and the Dolphins couldnt really ever get over the hump after their mid 80's glory. So the Bills were a juggernaut and were able to make it to 4 straight Super Bowls. Losing 4 in a row is an impressively bad feat that will never happen again.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea that had to be devastating as a fan to get to the big dance 4 straight fucking times and lose every single one, in all kinds of different ways possible. The AFC was weak during that era compared to the NFC, the Broncos were starting to fade and the Dolphins couldnt really ever get over the hump after their mid 80's glory. So the Bills were a juggernaut and were able to make it to 4 straight Super Bowls. Losing 4 in a row is an impressively bad feat that will never happen again.

Was right at the end of a period of dominance for the NFC that we might not ever see again...even when we were all just talking about how the Pats and Steelers have been powerhouses for X amount of years. Still doesn't match what NFC was in '80's and early '90's. Walsh's 49ers, Gibbs' Redskins, Parcells winning 2 with the Giants, Da Bears, then the Cowboys 3 in 4 (with another Niners in between).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a heartbreak, I'm not angry like some saints fans though. Saints exceeded just about everyone's expectations this season and they have something like the youngest or 2nd youngest defense. Their 2017 draft class may turn into one of the best draft classes in nfl history. And while that may be the worst attempt at a tackle any of us have ever seen, Marcus Williams is 21 years old, had a great rookie year with 6 ints. Hope that play just makes him hungry and he could certainly be a future pro bowler free safety.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What a heartbreak, I'm not angry like some saints fans though. Saints exceeded just about everyone's expectations this season and they have something like the youngest or 2nd youngest defense. Their 2017 draft class may turn into one of the best draft classes in nfl history. And while that may be the worst attempt at a tackle any of us have ever seen, Marcus Williams is 21 years old, had a great rookie year with 6 ints. Hope that play just makes him hungry and he could certainly be a future pro bowler free safety.

Respect. We'll see what happens with Brees, but that D is young, wide receivers look good, and that backfield is set.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The tackle probably doesn't even matter. If he got tackled it likely would have pushed him out of bounds. From that distance there was more than a 50/50 chance they sink that field goal.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users