NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Gdit. Fucking Cooks gets knocked out, then Brady creates a meme trying to catch (just waiting for the edit cut of Giselle saying Tom Brady can't throw and catch the ball after that SB loss years ago), then that dumb fumble and the touchdown that should have been overturned (dude wasn't a runner). Shitty game.

But grats Philly. Don't burn down your city tonight, please.

I’m sure a zillion people have responded already but I’m going in anyway! The dude took 3 steps before diving across the end zone. What is it you need to do to become a runner if that doesn’t qualify? Run 20 yards, or?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Also want to add that even if he wasn’t a runner (he was), his hand was between the ground and the ball when he “fumbled” and he caught the fumble. So even if 3 steps doesn’t make someone a runner for some completely fucking unexplainable reason, it’s still a TD!

The far more questionable call was the other TD catch earlier in the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Some funny shit on #phillypolicescanner

Highlights.

Someone stole police horse.
Videos of people falling backwards off 12 foot awnings into crowds.
Someone stole an ostrich from the zoo, rode it around for a while until it electrocuted itself on a downed light pole.
Someone stole a fire truck.
City hall gates got climbed and they threw a kegger party in there.
Someone ran over a cop with a 4 wheeler.
Someone has a pick axe in their head, presumably fell on it.

Good ole filthadelphia!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Some funny shit on #phillypolicescanner

Highlights.

Someone stole police horse.
Videos of people falling backwards off 12 foot awnings into crowds.
Someone stole an ostrich from the zoo, rode it around for a while until it electrocuted itself on a downed light pole.
Someone stole a fire truck.
City hall gates got climbed and they threw a kegger party in there.
Someone ran over a cop with a 4 wheeler.
Someone has a pick axe in their head, presumably fell on it.

Good ole filthadelphia!

I mean... did anyone in this thread expect different? I certainly didnt.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
LOL!

Despite loss, Pats early favorites to win 2019 SB

I honestly think if Cousins winds up on a playoff contender, they would be the favorites. Arizona with Cousins? Pats being a close second. No way the Pats overcome offensive and defensive coordinators the next year.

Pats did get a little fortuitous with the poor QB play in the AFC this year. Watson and Tannehill will be back next year, Luck should be healthy, and Denver will have a better QB situation.

I don't think any of this would have changed the outcome, but it would have highlighted more concern about NE's defense despite making the #1 seed.

They're still the favorites but they need more talent, especially at LB and Dline to pressure the QB.

I mean, Nick Foles didn't even get touched and his uniform was spotless. Wait, was the whole game a Tide Ad?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That Patriots pass rush might be the worse to ever play in a Super Bowl. They went into the game ranked 29th in defense, so its not hard to understand why this game resulted in over 1100 offensive yards, the MOST IN ANY GAME IN NFL HISTORY.

Brady passed for 505 yards, the most in post season history. The Patriots would have lost that game 3 out of 5 times I would think given how awful the defense was. They could have really used Butler, still dont know why he was benched. But yea, Foles wasnt even hurried really, and had all day in the pocket to make reads and hit his target. I think a lot of QBs would of had success against that version of the Pats D last night. If Case Keenum and the Vikes were in that game he could have put up similar numbers IMO. Or what if Brees and the Saints made it to the Super Bowl, Brees would have thrown for 800 yards.

Foles was great, not taking anything away from him, but he wasnt under ANY kind of pressure, and was able to just calmly throw the ball around and rack up points.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Foles was great, not taking anything away from him, but he wasnt under ANY kind of pressure, and was able to just calmly throw the ball around and rack up points.

You mean like Brady in years past? Yeah, that's what we all saw too.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also want to add that even if he wasn’t a runner (he was), his hand was between the ground and the ball when he “fumbled” and he caught the fumble. So even if 3 steps doesn’t make someone a runner for some completely fucking unexplainable reason, it’s still a TD!

The far more questionable call was the other TD catch earlier in the game.

Have to disagree here, not on the he was a runner part, think he clearly was, but the ball clearly contacted the ground before it popped out...so had he been ruled not a runner and going to the ground in the process of making the catch, it would have been incomplete by rule...even if the rule IS stupid.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pats lost game in which they didn't punt once. That's pretty much all you need to know about their D. They really need to find some help there.

• 2Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh cmon. Brady was getting hit left and right against Seattle in the Super Bowl and by no means had a clean pocket but had a scintillating 4th quarter to put them in position to win. Against the Falcons they got to him the entire first half hence they only scored 3 fucking points.

The one time they did get to him last night it decided the game, as the Eagles created a turnover. Tom still threw for 505 fucking yards. Like I said Im not saying Foles was lucky or doesnt deserve a ton of credit, he was just very well protected, had a great game plan at his disposal with fantastic play calling, and faced almost zero pass rush. He did what he was supposed to do, capitalize on prime conditions in order to execute.

This Super Bowl produced mind boggling stats. Like you just said Patriots didnt even punt, Brady threw for most yards ever in a playoff game, most offensive yards ever in a game, 2nd most passing yards ever in a game, 2nd (?) highest Super Bowl Score ever I think I saw, and there were a few other crazy stats.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Have to disagree here, not on the he was a runner part, think he clearly was, but the ball clearly contacted the ground before it popped out...so had he been ruled not a runner and going to the ground in the process of making the catch, it would have been incomplete by rule...even if the rule IS stupid.

I’ll have to see it more. I felt like he had control of it when the ball actually touched the ground, and then only bobbled it after when his hand was between it and the ground, but I don’t know if you lose control after that if it’s not a catch (assuming he wasn’t a runner, which he actually was).

I don’t know what the rules of a game I’ve watched for 30 years are now because of how fucking dumb the catch rules are. Fix this shit, NFL.

• 2Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pats lost game in which they didn't punt once. That's pretty much all you need to know about their D. They really need to find some help there.

Was a great game. If you want to look at where they possibly lost, Pats had the ball 4 different times inside the Eagles 40 in the first half and only got 6 points out of that. I agree though that their D couldn't stop Philly at all. Even beyond all that though, I still expected the Pats to win up until the fumble. Did anyone really doubt that Tom would of drove them down the field with that much time on the clock?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider

I don't want to get into this too much but the problem is they clearly (on the first one at least) ruled against the precedent they had used all year long up until this point. Would not surprise me if it was not a command from up on high given the controversy of this year...

It's funny the people who i imagine would argue in favour of stare decisis in terms of the supreme court have no problem with the NFL front office suddenly changing interpretation of the rule when the season is still being played.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you guys want to see what real fucking salty reactions look like. I'm not sure i'll ever may never get over this game from now 20 years ago but this may be the year.

URI had a 5 point lead with under a minute to go and blew it vs Stanford, worse part is we had the ball in the hands of by far the best player on either team, Cutthino Mobley and we just chocked.

If we won that game URI becomes a national story, We had already beaten the best team in the country in the round of 32 in Paul pierce, Reaf Lafrence led Kansas and would be facing the Duke Kentucky winner. We had the #1 recruit in the nation coming in next season in Lamar Odom and a coach that had already one at least one national championship ( maybe two!) in the past few years. We would have been the Gonzaga of college basketball before they were. Jim Harrick had other top players like Jason Kapono committed.

Compared to that losing a few close super bowls out of 8 is nothing much.

Instead it took us 18 long Years after Lamar Odoms heroics led a middling team to the A10 Championship next year to get back to the Tourney in 1999.

This year we are 19-3 with all our losses with our best player and best big men injured to top 25 ranked teams on neutral or away courts. As of right now URI is #6 in RPI. I daresay we are the best A10 team since the Unbeaten regular season ST joes of 12-13 years ago.

I would gladly not care if the pats or Celtics don't win a championship again for decades if URI can make the final four this year, exactly 20 years after the disaster struck.. It would be amazing catharsis.