NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
What's the deal with Teddy B anyway? Is he coming back? Is Bradford the future? I would assume so after you dish out the first rounder but idk.

The general consensus seems to be that Bridgewater will be activated week 6 when he is eligible to come off the PUP list. I believe his recovery is going better than expected according to what information is out there. Vikings didn't make any effort to extend Bradford's contract in the off season, so I think the organization is leaning towards backing Teddy when he returns for a much cheaper price than Bradford. With the recent non contact issues Bradford has been having this season, I don't expect him to be a Viking next season, or at the very least he won't be signed to a long term contract.

Last edited:

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
As a Bucs fan I was actually looking forward to us playing against Bradford - it would give us all a good gauge if we're actually a good team or not. Now we have to wait until we play the Pats in 3 weeks (our next game is against NYG, and they aren't really competitive right now) so we'll have a lot of varying opinions for the next couple of weeks ranging from "Jameis MVP and Bucs Superbowl contenders" to "this team is middle of the pack".

After 1 game, I personally think we're closer to middle of the pack than a playoff team. Sure, the defense/Special teams created some turnovers on the Bears, but they couldn't stop Glennon from completing passes when he wasn't throwing picks which is concerning. Moreover, our offense looks sluggish right now, given that all of the scoring drives were on short fields.

TLDR: Bucs need to play someone legitimate for us to know if they're actually good

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a Bucs fan I was actually looking forward to us playing against Bradford - it would give us all a good gauge if we're actually a good team or not. Now we have to wait until we play the Pats in 3 weeks (our next game is against NYG, and they aren't really competitive right now) so we'll have a lot of varying opinions for the next couple of weeks ranging from "Jameis MVP and Bucs Superbowl contenders" to "this team is middle of the pack".

After 1 game, I personally think we're closer to middle of the pack than a playoff team. Sure, the defense/Special teams created some turnovers on the Bears, but they couldn't stop Glennon from completing passes when he wasn't throwing picks which is concerning. Moreover, our offense looks sluggish right now, given that all of the scoring drives were on short fields.

TLDR: Bucs need to play someone legitimate for us to know if they're actually good

I'd argue the Bucs really didn't turn their passing game loose because they didn't need to. They were having so much success running the ball and grinding out the game was no need to worry about airing it out a lot. They missed a couple chances in the red zone to put the game away even earlier, but was never in danger. At least I hope all that is true since I have Winston in fantasy, although not starting him this week. I'd expect a similar game to what Steelers did against Minnesota last week. Vikings will struggle to do much on offense, Tampa will do enough to win fairly easily but Vikings' D will hold score down a little.

Fadaar

That guy
OMG another Bucs fan? I'm not alone??

Agree with Merrith, they throttled back heavily in the first game. Defense gifted them so many points early they just played it safe on offense and let the defense do its thing. No reason to go crazy when you don't need to, and I'm alright with that. I wish the week 1 game had actually happened, I think the Dolphins would have been a much more telling matchup. They have such a ridiculously soft schedule except for the Patriots game until the re-scheduled Dolphins game in freakin' November: @MIN, NYG, NE, @ARZ, @BUF, CAR, @NO, NYJ, then @MIA Nov 19th. Schedule after that sucks ass though: @ATL, @GB, DET, ATL, @CAR -- that's a brutal 5 week stretch. At least they finish the season against the Saints in Tampa, which I'm probably going to go to since a friend of mine is getting married the day before in town.

Merrith

Hilarious texting with all my Ravens fan friends. They were all convinced after beating Cincy and Cleveland they were going 12-4 or something and competing for the Super Bowl. They have key injuries, and their offense is still not very good at all. I wasn't expecting this, but it's not a complete surprise.

Merrith

When your opponent has Tucker, and you go from rooting for a shutout to rooting for a TD over a FG attempt.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
When your opponent has Tucker, and you go from rooting for a shutout to rooting for a TD over a FG attempt.

When you’ve got tucker

A305E737-5961-43DD-946D-4E5CA3FC30F3.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like how Trump's comments brought even more attention to this and made the players take it to the next level. Steelers not even going to be on the field for the anthem.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I like how Trump's comments brought even more attention to this and made the players take it to the next level. Steelers not even going to be on the field for the anthem.
Congratulations 1%'ers, you've really showed the hardworking American people where your priorities lie. I'd like to see the media go interview some homeless camps and see how they feel about a bunch of rich babies getting into a slap fight with the president over a fucking tweet.

Grow up.

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users