NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the guy that took Vegas for millions by picking the Astros in the World Series has placed an enormous wager on the Philadelphia Eagles, poised to win almost 2 million dollars if they cover. Is this an insider sign of things to come? The NFL is totally different as its one game for everything and not a series, but perhaps this guy is an insider with intimate knowledge of player health, match-ups, strategies and possible outcomes. Just MAYBE, Nick Foles can put together one more competent performance and the Eagles get to Brady and make it a close game, which Patriot Super Bowls always are.

I think its an interesting game for fans. The vikings would of probably been a better overall match-up, but they got spanked by the Eagles so they didnt deserve to be in this game. Im just worried if the Eagles get down by 10 or 14 points they will just fall apart and start forcing the deep ball. Evil Bill will have his 6th ring and the hate will be more pure than ever before.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Eagles are a better overall team, I don't think a lot of people realize just how good that roster is. Their line on both sides of the ball are easily top 3, and you could probably make the case they're the best in the league.

Obviously the question is Foles, but there is at least some precedent for him getting hot and playing at an elite level. I mean the guy has thrown 7 TDs in a game, had the 27-2 season and went to the pro bowl, and dismantled the supposedly elite Vikings defense last week. I wouldn't put money on him, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see him play a good game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Patriots defense was 31st in DVOA. The bend dont break thing is cool and all, and kind of appropriate I guess, but honestly that can end up being a killer. Their defense has let them down a few times this season and the offense is MUCH worse without Gronk. Maybe not production wise, as they just won a Super Bowl without him last year, but when it comes to how dynamic they are, and the different looks they can give, they are very limited when he isnt on the field.

If he does play I think its a different game. Gronk covers so many holes in that Patriot offense by creating mismatches and just outright overpowering smaller defenders. His ability to catch passes in traffic is probably the best in the NFL, Ive seen that guy literally get destroyed going for errant Brady balls over the middle, yet still got up to play another down most of the time (he has also been one of the most chronically injured NFL stars, with like 7 surgeries in the past few years or some shit, with his arm and back. Didnt he tear an ACL or something too like 5 or 6 years ago when Hernandez was still on the team? It might have been some kind of other leg injury but Im pretty sure he missed a big chunk of time with a serious leg injury. Im pretty sure he was injured in college too).

So its no surprise he is questionable for this game, I think he will play though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda weird to see Blount is starting to be in the company of hall of fame running backs with 10 post season TD's currently, Emmett Smith leads with 19.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Gronk is still in Concussion protocol, but is practicing with the team which is the 2nd to last clearance in said protocol. medical clearance to play is last.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So the guy that took Vegas for millions by picking the Astros in the World Series has placed an enormous wager on the Philadelphia Eagles, poised to win almost 2 million dollars if they cover. Is this an insider sign of things to come? The NFL is totally different as its one game for everything and not a series, but perhaps this guy is an insider with intimate knowledge of player health, match-ups, strategies and possible outcomes. Just MAYBE, Nick Foles can put together one more competent performance and the Eagles get to Brady and make it a close game, which Patriot Super Bowls always are.

I think its an interesting game for fans. The vikings would of probably been a better overall match-up, but they got spanked by the Eagles so they didnt deserve to be in this game. Im just worried if the Eagles get down by 10 or 14 points they will just fall apart and start forcing the deep ball. Evil Bill will have his 6th ring and the hate will be more pure than ever before.
Bill has at least 7 rings already.

Gronk absolutely plays. They are just doing the Patriot thing and keeping it close to the vest.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
I put $100 on the Eagles to win by 7+ for shits and giggles. I make a dumb bet every Super Bowl for hopes of a big payout.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think the eagles have a decent shot at winning. I'd put it at conservative 40%, maybe a bit more.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
perhaps this guy is an insider with intimate knowledge of player health, match-ups, strategies and possible outcomes.

If he wins he is a confirmed time traveler.

• 1Worf

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Kirk Cousins, time to play the game!

Minnesota and Jax should be backing up the Brinks truck.

• 1Like

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
24 mil a year for a 33 yr QB.

Or they could have paid Cousins 26 a year starting last year at age 28.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Can someone explain to me why the Redskins chose not to extend Cousins? Was he asking too much? Or were they thinking he's actually not that good of a QB? Or did the coaches not want him?

Just trying to understand the mindset, and while its easy to chalk it up to Redskins FO incompetence, I'm curious to see what their official response/mindset is behind this decision.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
23.5 a year. 4 year extension. 70M guaranteed. For a 3rd rounder and Kendall Fuller. Fucking hell burn it all down. Giving up Fuller who was top 5 slot corners in the league this year is just stupid. They better REALLY like Moreau who we took in 3rd round this past year.

Just not sold on 5 more years of Smith for that much guaranteed money.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
FO incompetence.

They never thought he was the answer. The owner was never on his side. Snyder was in bed with RGKnee. Cousins was Shanahans guy. So it was a combo of not believing in him + Not wanting to admit Shanahan was right all along + lowballing Cousins = Cousins would rather just walk.

They were not going to franchise a 3rd time at 30+. Cousins pretty much didn't want to stay. So they just put 70M guarantee on a 33 yr old QB and let a 29 yr old Cousins walk. They could have avoided this by swallowing their pride two offseasons ago and paid him market value.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting that Mr Smith was a on set visitor to the Dan Patrick show this morning. Chiefs were shopping his ass.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FO incompetence.

They never thought he was the answer. The owner was never on his side. Snyder was in bed with RGKnee. Cousins was Shanahans guy. So it was a combo of not believing in him + Not wanting to admit Shanahan was right all along + lowballing Cousins = Cousins would rather just walk.

They were not going to franchise a 3rd time at 30+. Cousins pretty much didn't want to stay. So they just put 70M guarantee on a 33 yr old QB and let a 29 yr old Cousins walk. They could have avoided this by swallowing their pride two offseasons ago and paid him market value.

The rumors are that 2 years ago his camp wanted $19M a year for 3 years, with $40M guaranteed. Instead we tagged him two years in a row at a cost of $44M. Now...when he signs elsewhere, it might net us a 3rd compensatory pick, which would help ease losing the 3rd we're trading to them (although still about 20 picks later in all likelihood). The term and guaranteed money we're giving Smith, along with giving up one of our better value draft picks (Fuller, 3rd round pick 2 years ago) recently is just too much imo. Honestly if you asked me how I'd feel about having Smith over Cousins next year, it wouldn't both me too much at all.