NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
And perhaps a terrible roster stunted his growth, but when you see a guy like Jimmy G go in there, with basically fucking NOTHING to work with on offense, take over a 1-9 team, the worse in 49er history, and win games shows it's not always about talent.

saving this for next year.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyway, speaking of not watching, I'm torn on whether to watch the Super Bowl or not. For the most part, I really don't care at all. But still, it's the Super Bowl, and the former fan in me still appreciate the entire spectacle of it. Plus, seeing the Eagles remain championship-less would likely be satisfying

It is a good day to hang out, let the belt buckle go and drink something alcoholic.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
It is a good day to hang out, let the belt buckle go and drink something alcoholic.

I think one needs to be heavily liquored up in order survive the SB if you plan to watch it live on tv. Starting with the 8 hour pre-show filled with forced laughter from the talking heads, then the actual game which is just a glorified vessel for commercials, not to mention suffering thru the color commentary of one Cris Collinsworth who has for whatever reason decided to be more like Tony Romo and as a result sounds even more whiny than before. I wish Tafoya was 20 years younger tho, I'd hit that. Come to think of it, I'd still hit that. All in all I'll probably catch the game on vod or something, having 3 night shifts this weekend and no time off until Monday morning

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea because of fucking Tyreke Hill and Kareem Hunt racking up all those YAC. Do you even watch the games lol.

Im not trying to take anything away from him, but the consensus in the Chiefs locker room was Alex cant make the throws Mahomes can, and they are happy to move forward with the rookie, even AFTER the season Smith had statistically. He isnt going to just turn into a down field meastro and ball out in Washington. Cousins is arguably a better QB at this point in their respective careers, I dont see how he is an upgrade.

A lot of the throws to Hill were downfield, actually. No argument on Hunt picking up a ton of YAC, although they did hit him on downfield wheel routes a few times as well. Plus he had Kelce (although if Reed can actually have a healthy year...not holding my breath, but still).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Smith probably doesn't give any fucks. He sleep walked through 7 seasons in San Fransisco, played competent ball for Kansas City the last 4 years while not really fucking it up, and now he will do the same for Washington. Congrats Redskin fans!

It's sad but Alex isn't winning any game in which his team is down by 10+. He is simply one of the worse down field threats the league has ever seen, and he was terrible on 3rd down for a long time.

He has gotten a bit better and hes pretty good in the red zone now, but he isn't going to elevate Washington higher than Cousins. This is a 8 win team or maybe 9 wins tops for the next 4 years. They still have to compete in a tough division, The Eagles are the class of the conference, and there is still the Falcons, Seahawks, Panthers, Vikings, Saints, Packers, Rams and now most likely a much better 49er team competing for a playoff spot.

I will be surprised if Washington makes the playoffs at all during Alex Smith's run there.

Man, this last year his deep throws were great and his red zone work was what sucked. Did you even watch any Chiefs games? It wasn't all because of YAC, either. He was in the top for accuracy on deep throws, not just long yardage passes -- there's a difference. But the red zone work was his problem as he often took too many sacks or was too quick to run. Admittedly, some of that was Reid's conservative playcalling, though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Fuckin god damn Redskins. What a shitty day to be a fan. Just an embarrassing trade.

I don't even mind old man Alex Smith at 24mil a year, but giving up Kendall Fuller AND a 3rd round pick...

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Fuckin god damn Redskins. What a shitty day to be a fan. Just an embarrassing trade.

I don't even mind old man Alex Smith at 24mil a year, but giving up Kendall Fuller AND a 3rd round pick...

At least the Chiefs finally won something, right?

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yes. 49ers fans are retarded. They were a fucking shit show and blamed Smith.
Easy there, don't lump all of us together.

Smith was dealt a shitty hand pretty much his entire career in San Francisco. All of us smart ones already know this and readily admit it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Easy there, don't lump all of us together.

Smith was dealt a shitty hand pretty much his entire career in San Francisco. All of us smart ones already know this and readily admit it.
Good point. My apologies on the broad brush.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hey I've hated Alex Smith from the start! Him being shit in SF and better later made me happy the entire time, this last move is just icing on the cake. +now he can beat the Cowboys twice a year!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
this is subject at this point. Reid is on his last leg as a head coach.

Huh? They would be dumb to get rid of Reid. Unless they go all in on a college coach, they would be dumb not to keep Reid unless he goes god awful 4-12 or some shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Reid is notoriously good in the regular season and always shits the bed in the post season. He also is a lot like McCarthy in that he has been the beneficiary of good rosters over the years (McFatty at the QB spot, Reid has had entire quality rosters). In that shithouse division, there is zero reason they should not be able to pull off home field, but Reid continuously gets out coached by better men who know how a fucking clock works, among other things. Yeah he makes it to the playoffs a lot, but much like Dirty Schotenhiemer, he always makes a quick exit. KC should have been to at least one SB, given their schedule and roster, these last five years.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Reid is notoriously good in the regular season and always shits the bed in the post season. He also is a lot like McCarthy in that he has been the beneficiary of good rosters over the years (McFatty at the QB spot, Reid has had entire quality rosters). In that shithouse division, there is zero reason they should not be able to pull off home field, but Reid continuously gets out coached by better men who know how a fucking clock works, among other things. Yeah he makes it to the playoffs a lot, but much like Dirty Schotenhiemer, he always makes a quick exit. KC should have been to at least one SB, given their schedule and roster, these last five years.

We all know this. Who do you replace him with? IMO you HOPE that one year he doesn't shit the bed.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It is also extremely unlikely Mahomes ever ends up better than Smith either. Should be interesting to see if he lives up to their apparent expectations.

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
Man, fuck the Skins. Been a lifelong fan and it just gets worse every year. Finally get a QB that's actually worth a shit in how long? And now he's gone. I like Smith but he's not the answer. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they paid fat albert to come back and play QB. Fuck!

• 1Solidarity